MISC

ALIENATED. OPEN!
scroll right on images
 
 
 
JEONG INHYE
 
jeong inhye, born on 8 november 1997, is entering her second year of university, majoring in theatre and performance. she's graceful, cool and just all-round amazing. between being talented and super sweet, she's basically perfect. she's the apple of everyone's eye and pretty much everyone's friend.
 
you must be thinking, how can someone like her feel out of place? well, inhye feels so much pressure to live up to the standards of all those around her, especially her parents. she is often pretentious, trying to please said parents and is uptight in that regard. in fact, she doesn't even aspire to be an actress. her parents are actors themselves, pretty famous ones at that, and believe she should follow in the path they've already paved for her. honestly, inhye's actually interested in biochemistry. she's pretty jealous of those who get to chase whatever dreams they want to chase, yet at the same time constantly worried about her parents' opinions. 

 

 
 
 
YEONRYU UNIVERSITY
 
yeonryu university, found in seoul, is one of the south korea's leading tertiary education institutes. with an exemplary alumni and state of the art facilities, it is the desired school of many. it's large campus is solely in seoul and contains a sports centre, visual arts division, multiple theatres for performing arts, several science buildings and a law school among many other facilities. with various boarding houses, libraries, cafes, shops and restaurants, it's a common joke between students that once they graduate, they'll leave a utopia and enter a dystopia.
 
the governing body consists of about ten members, each sharing the duty of maintaining and overlooking the university.

 

 
 
 
THE STORY: ALIENATED
 
the story is set in 2017, following a bunch of university students who for some reason or another, feel isolated or alienated by society. they just don't feel like they fit in.
 
of course, things aren't going to just happen. the story does need to have a proper plot besides the relationships that multiple young adults develop. basically, the characters are chosen to be the representatives of their respective departments (there can be several for the same department) in an end-of-year show for potential students and investors all over the world that will showcase all the school has to offer.