09 - it's all so stressful...

The Girl is Mine

“You know, hiding back here won’t solve anything, Mina,” Momo said to her friend who was crouched behind a bush in the back of the school.

    Mina looked up at Momo and Sana with a deep pout on her face. “I don’t know what to do!” She whined and buried her face in her hands. “I can’t face Mark oppa, and I can’t be around Jackson oppa without—” Mina paused her words when she memory of her kiss with Jackson replayed in her mind for the hundredth time today. She whined again and pushed back her hair in a frustrated manner. “Aish—”

    Sana sighed and crouched down next to Mina, putting an arm around her. “What happened anyway? You still haven’t told us.”

    Mina peeked up at Sana then to Momo when Momo sat on the grass in front of her. “Jackson oppa,” Mina started as she relaxed her shoulders and sat up straight, “kissed me yesterday.”

    “What?!” Momo exclaimed as she hopped up to her feet. “I’m going to kill him!”

    “No!” Mina lunged forward and caught Momo’s arm before the other Japanese female marched off. “You can’t!”

    “Why not?!” Momo shouted before looking down at Mina to notice the look in her eyes. Momo slowly calmed down and sat back down. “You like him, don’t you?”

    Mina looked down. “I…I’m not sure. I mean, yes, I like him, but…”

Sana sighed and took Mina’s hand, holding it gently. “Look, Mina. If you like him, I don’t have a problem with it. Momo, too. We’ve been wrong about him all along. He’s actually not the jerk we pinned him for.”

Mina looked up at her and frowned. “What do you mean?”

In the distance, the school bell rang. “We’ll tell you after,” said Momo. “Now, go to class and try not to be weird around Mark oppa again, okay?”

Mina sighed softly and nodded.


 

Mina sat in the library with Jinyoung and Youngjae to study. There was a big test coming up for their Math class.

“So, Mina, how have you been?” Youngjae asked.

“Um…I’ve been better,” Mina replied. “Between school, drama, and my dad passing away. I’m surprised I’m still functioning.”

“Sorry to hear about your dad.”

She shook her head. “No, it’s fine. At least he’s not suffering anymore.”

Youngjae nodded. “Right. That’s the main thing.”

“Hey, Mina. When you say ‘drama,’ does it have anything to do with Mark hyung?” Jinyoung blurted out. “You were acting weird around him today.”

Mina stopped writing and stared at her paper hearing Jinyoung’s words. “Did…Mark oppa tell you anything?”

Jinyoung shook his head. “No. Not even a word. Did something happen?”

Mina set down her pencil and looked up. “Mark oppa confessed to me on Sunday. Both he and Jackson oppa did, in fact.” Jinyoung and Youngjae exchanged glances and looked back at Mina. “And Jackson oppa kissed me yesterday.”

“What—” Jinyoung started only to be interrupted by Bambam who sat at the table next to theirs. He got up from his seat and took Mina’s hand, taking her out of the library.

“Please don’t tell me you have feelings for one of them,” Bambam pleaded as they got out into the hall.

Mina frowned. “What? Why do you care?”

“Because—”

“Because why?”

“Because I like you! And if you were paying closer attention, Jinyoung hyung and Youngjae hyung like you too.” Bambam groaned as he ruffled his hair, obvious frustration showing on his face.

Mina stared at Bambam in shock. Another confession and two confirmations on Momo and Sana’s theory that Jinyoung and Youngjae like her. “I…I have to go…” Mina rushed back into the library and quickly packed up her things.

“Mina?” Youngjae asked. “Where are you going?”

“S-Sorry,” she said before running out of the library.

“Mina—” Bambam called after her only to be ignored.

Mina rushed down the hall, tears welling up in her eyes. No...no, she thought. Not them, too. As she rushed down the hall, she bumped into Yugyeom who caught her arm before she fell.

“Are you okay, noona?” he asked letting her arm go when she caught her balance.

Mina sniffled slightly and nodded. “Y-Yeah. Thanks…”

Yugyeom tilted his head to look at her and reached out his hand, wiping a tear from her cheek. “Are you sure?” Mina let out a breath and shook her head. Yugyeom smiled softly and took her hand. “Come. I know what will solve it.”

Mina said nothing and followed him down the hall to the dance room. He let her in first and shut the door behind him.

“For me, dance is a good relaxation method,” Yugyeom said as he went over to the stereo. He plugged in his phone as Mina dropped her bag to the side. “Why don’t we practice our routine for the talent show?”

Mina nodded slightly. “Yeah, sure…”

She walked to the middle of the dance floor and looked at herself in the mirror. Yugyeom played the song and quickly got into position.

As they danced, Mina felt a sudden rush of emotion in her chest and topped. She dropped down to her knees as tears poured out of her eyes. Yugyeom bent down next to her and placed a gentle hand on her back.

“Noona?”

Mina turned and hugged him tightly as she buried her face against his shoulder. Yugyeom stayed quiet and hugged her tightly.

 

“So that’s what’s going on…” Yugyeom said. Mina told him everything that happened the few days prior up to what happened with Bambam at the library that day.

Mina nodded. “It’s all so stressful. I don’t know how much more of it I can take.”

Yugyeom sighed. The last thing I want is to add more to her stress, he thought.

“Have you ever experienced anything like this before?” Mina asked.

Yugyeom looked at her. “What? Have like…all the boys in school chasing after me? I wish. Sadly, none of them appreciate my beauty,” he joked.

Mina giggled and hit his arm gently. “You know what I mean.”

Yugyeom smiled and shook his head. “No, I haven’t experienced this. The only person who really liked me in that way has moved back to Busan.”

“Oh…I’m sorry to hear that. Was she nice?”

Yugyeom chuckled. “I didn’t say it was a girl, but yes.”

Mina frowned before the realization hit her. “Oh, I see. Do you miss him?”

“I do. I mean, we still talk but it’s not the same, especially since I found out the reason he had to move away was because of his feelings for me.” Yugyeom waved his hand. “But enough about me, Mina noona, what are you going to do with all these guys chasing after you?”

Mina sighed. “I really don’t know…”