11 - talent show

The Girl is Mine

Mina stood in front of the mirror looking at herself and fixing her outfit. “Do I look okay, Momo?” she asked peeking at her friend in the mirror.

    Momo smiled walking over to Mina and adjusted her hair for her. “You look amazing. What are you so nervous about?”

    “Not the performance. I can tell you that.” Mina groaned. “I need to tell them my decision and I don’t know if I made the right one.”

    Momo hummed softly, resting her chin on Mina’s shoulder. “Stop overthinking it. Listen to your heart.”

    Mina pouted. “My mom said the same thing…”

    “She’s right!” Momo smiled. “Don’t stress so much about it, okay? If you think he will make you happy, then he’s the one~ If your heart says so, he’s the one.”

    Mina nodded. “Okay…Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

    “Great! Now, come. The Busan dance team must be here already~ I want to see if I can score myself a cute Busan boy~” Momo laced her fingers with Mina’s and dragged her along.

    Mina chuckled as she followed along. A dance team from a school in Busan came to their school for an opening act to their talent show. Momo hadn’t shut up about getting herself a Busan boy since she found out they were coming.

    Momo dragged Mina over to the steps near the stage where everyone was lined up. “Where’s Jaebum oppa?” She glanced around looking for her dance partner.

    “Maybe he’s still getting dressed,” Mina said scanning for Yugyeom. “Yugyeom isn’t here either.”

    Momo rolled her eyes. “I bet Jaebum oppa doesn’t know how to put on the outfit. I’ll be back.” She walked away leaving Mina alone by the steps. Mina stood quietly, her eyes scanning the Busan dance team hoping maybe she would recognize someone, but she didn’t. Guess he doesn’t go to that school, Mina thought as she rocked on her feet.

    “Mina?” she suddenly heard. “Mina Fukujima?”

    She glanced up from her shoes to see someone approaching her. A smile grew on her face. “Jimin oppa~ I was just thinking about you.”

He laughed. “I’m flattered.” They shared a quick hug. “Why didn’t you tell me you moved back to Korea? I missed you,” he said.

    Mina shrugged. “I had too much to do. Unpacking, adjusting to a new school, and I got caught up in this crazy drama. I really had no time.”

    Jimin shrugged. “It’s fine. Sorry to hear about your dad, by the way.”

    “It’s okay. I bet your parents took it pretty bad,” Mina joked.

    Jimin chuckled. “Believe it or not, they actually did. You know how much they loved him.”

    Mina nodded. “So, how are you? Anything new?”

    A wide grin grew on his face. “Yeah, actually. I have a boyfriend now.”

    “You do? Oh, my gosh. That’s such great news!” Mina smiled, squeezing his hand happily. “Is he here?”

    Jimin nodded and pointed out into the audience. “Here’s there in the front next to my mom.”

    Mina peeked out and smiled as her eyes fell on the boy sitting next to Jimin’s mom. “Hey, he’s cute. Where did you find him?”

    “Daegu.” A wide grin was plastered on Jimin’s face as he thought about it. “It was great. I wish you went with us.”

    “Yeah, if I knew Daegu boys were that cute, I’d have gone there a long time ago.” Mina chuckled, nudging him with her shoulder. “You should introduce me to him.”

    “I will,” said Jimin as Yugyeom walked over to the both of them. “After the show.”

    “Mina noona, you look great!” Yugyeom said a smile on his lips.

    “Thank you, Yugyeom~ You do too!” Mina smiled back.

    “Yugyeom?” Jimin asked looking to the young boy. “As in… Jungkook’s Yugyeom?”

    Yugyeom frowned and looked at Jimin. “You know Jungkook?”

    Jimin shrugged and nodded. “Yeah, we’re friends. He said he was going to come out to watch, but I haven’t seen him yet.” Yugyeom opened his mouth to ask another question when Jimin’s dance team was called up to the stage. “Ah, that’s us. See you later, Mina.” Jimin hurried over and followed the others up on the stage.

    Yugyeom looked to Mina. “Who was that?”

    “My friend. He used to be my neighbor in Busan,” Mina replied. She looked up at her dance partner. “Who’s Jungkook? Is he the friend you told me about?”

    Yugyeom stayed quiet as his eyes scanned the crowd backstage and what he could see of the audience and only nodded in response. Mina peered up at Yugyeom watching as he warily looked around.

 

Mina and Yugyeom walked off the stage after their performance.

    “Mina, that was amazing!” Momo said. “You two have great chemistry on stage!”

    Mina smiled. “Thanks. You and Jaebum oppa have chemistry too.”

    Momo snorted. “As if…” She grimaced at Jaebum making the male sneer back at her.

    Jimin walked over to them and smiled at Mina. “Glad to see you haven’t lost your touch. You’re as good as ever, Mina.”

    Mina thanked him. She looked at Momo and then back to Jimin with a smile. “Jimin oppa, meet my friend, Momo. Momo, this is Jimin, my friend from Busan.”

    Momo bowed her head. “It’s nice to meet you.”

    “Likewise.” He smiled. “Mina, come. I want to introduce you to my boyfriend,” Jimin said holding his hand out. Mina nodded and took his hand.

    “Boyfriend?” Momo questioned as Jimin led Mina away. “Dammit. Why are all the cute guys gay?” She groaned and stomped away.

    “Why are girls so confusing?” Jaebum said loud enough for Momo to hear. Momo turned and flipped him off. He laughed and nudged Yugyeom. “I love a challenge.”

    Yugyeom frowned as he watched Jaebum disappear into the crowd after Momo.

    “Where’s he going?” Bambam’s voice sounded.

    Yugyeom looked at him and noticed Jackson, Mark, Youngjae and Jinyoung walking up behind him. He shrugged. “I guess he gave up on Mina noona.”

    “Thank god. One less loser for me to compete with.” Jackson breathed out in relief.

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “So, where is Mina?”

    “She’s over there with her friend and his boyfriend.” Yugyeom nodded in their direction when his eye caught sight of someone in the crowd. “Um…I’ll be right back.” He walked off, disappearing into the crowd leaving the five boys there.

Bambam raised an eyebrow. “Well, okay…”

Jackson watched as Mina gave Jimin a hug before waving bye and came over to them. Mina frowned and glanced around. “Where’s Yugyeom and Jaebum oppa?”

“They went that way.” Bambam pointed.

Mina looked over and shrugged. “Alright, whatever. Anyway, I’ve made my decision.” She looked at the five boys in front of her. “Each of you has to promise not to be mad if I don’t pick you and please don’t fight each other either.”

“We promise,” each boy muttered.

Mina nodded and looked at each of them. She placed her hand on her chest and let out a breath. “Okay. I choose…”