12 - i choose you

The Girl is Mine

Sana pouted as she sat across the table from Mina and Momo in the library. “I’m jealous. You both have boyfriends and I’m stuck being a single pringle.” She puffed up her cheeks and crossed her arms across her chest. “But I’m so happy for you guys…”

    Mina smiled. “We can always set you up with someone.”

    “No, no. It’s fine. I’m too shy for blind dates.” Sana sighed rubbing her cheek. “I’ll get one eventually.”

    Mina glanced at her phone when it chimed. “Ah, he’s here. I’ll see you guys later.” She stood from the chair she sat in and left the library.

    Bambam, who sat at the table next to theirs with Yugyeom, leaned over by Sana. “You know, I’m available.”

    Sana looked at him and pat his head. “Hm~ Cutie.” She glanced over to Momo. “Let’s go.” Momo nodded and both girls got up and walked away. Yugyeom laughed when they left the library.

    “You have the worst luck with women, don’t you?”

    Bambam rolled his eyes. “Shut up. I do not. I can get any girl I want.”

    Yugyeom raised an eyebrow. “I’m sure you can.”

    The young Thai boy frowned at the sarcasm in the other’s voice. “What? You don’t believe me?”

    Yugyeom snorted. “No. You couldn’t even get Mina noona.”

    Bambam scowled as he slung his bag over his shoulder. “I had tough competition.”

 

Mina ran up to Mark at the front of the school. “Did you get it? I hope my mom didn’t cause you any trouble when you got there…”

    Mark shook his head, holding up a notebook to her. “No. When I got there, she handed it over to me. Guess she was going to bring it to you.”

    Mina took the notebook from him and stuffed it into her bag. “Oh…Then I guess you didn’t have to go back to get it.”

“No, it’s fine.” Mark smiled as he placed his hands into his pockets. “We’re friends. I’ll do anything for you.”

Mina smiled. “Aw~ Thanks. You’re the best.”

Mark grinned wide. “I know I am.” Mina giggled and nudged him gently. “But seriously, I’ll do anything for you. Including beating up your boyfriend if he breaks your heart. Speaking of him, where is he anyway?”

“Here you two are!” Jinyoung’s voice sounded causing them to stop in the middle of the hall. “I’ve been looking for you two everywhere!” He ran up to the both of them to catch up. “Mark hyung, the teacher needs to talk to you.”

“Okay. See you two in class.” He waved to them and quickly made his way down the hall to the teacher’s office.

“If you’re looking for Youngjae,” Mina said, “he’s in the library.”

“Oh…How’d you know I was going to ask—Never mind. See you in class.” Jinyoung ran down the hall in the direction of the library. Mina’s eyes followed after him when her gaze shifted to Jackson who was leaning against the wall.

    “Hey, you,” Mina said smiling.

    He smiled back at her and stepped toward her. “Morning.” He grabbed onto Mina’s backpack straps and pulled her close, pecking her lips softly. Mina giggled and pushed him away.

    “Not in school, dummy.”

    “Why not? Everyone should know that you belong to me.” He pulled her close again this time by her waist.

    Mina chuckled. “If I knew you were going to be like this, I wouldn’t have chosen you.”

    Jackson laughed, brushing his lips against her cheek. “You’re a bad liar. You still would’ve chosen me regardless.”

    “Hm,” Mina hummed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Perhaps. I did have other options.”

    “You still would’ve chosen me.”

    Mina giggled. “It’s your confidence that made me choose you, you know.”

    Jackson grinned. “I know.”

 

Yugyeom sat in his seat, scribbling in his notebook. Class was about to start, but he already wanted it to be over.

    Bambam leaned across the aisle to whisper to Yugyeom. “Hey, looks like we have a new transfer.”

    Yugyeom stopped scribbling and looked up. A smile spread across his face when he made eye contact with the new transfer. The student bowed to the class. “Hello, everyone. My name is Jeon Jungkook. Please take care of me.” He stood up straight and shot a wink in Yugyeom’s direction making him laugh.

    Bambam frowned and looked at Yugyeom. “You know him?”

    “I’m better acquainted with him than you think.”

    Bambam blinked as his frown stayed on his face. “What does that even mean? Sounds dirty—”

    Yugyeom only smiled in response making the frown grow deeper on Bambam’s brow.

    “Relax,” Jungkook said as he took the empty seat in front of Bambam. “The both of us are just friends. I used to go to school with him before moving back to Busan. It’s not like that. Anymore.

    “Anymore?!” Bambam echoed as his eyes widened. He glanced between Yugyeom and the new transfer. “What?”

    Yugyeom covered his mouth with his hand to keep from laughing at Bambam’s reaction.

    “Seriously, dude. Just relax,” Jungkook told him. “I’m not going to steal your boyfriend.”

    “Wait…what? B-Boyf—We’re not… I’m not…” Bambam panicked, his cheeks tinting a bright pink color. Jungkook and Yugyeom both burst out into laughter and high-fived each other across the aisle.

    “We totally got you,” Yugyeom teased. “You should see the look on your face.”

    “Look! He’s blushing!” Jungkook laughed as he pointed out Bambam’s bright red cheeks.

    The young Thai boy whined and buried his face in his hands. “Jerks—”

 

Mina sat at the lunch table with Jackson, Momo, Jaebum, Sana, Mark, Jinyoung, and Youngjae. They were all talking casually and laughing with each other. Mina glanced around the table and smiled.

“Okay, how did this happen?” she asked gaining the attention of everyone around the table.

“What?” Mark asked.

“This. All of us being friends. You two stopped fighting.” She motioned between Mark and Jackson. “And you two”—she looked at Momo and Jaebum—”you two got back together.”

“Because you’re here,” Yugyeom’s voice came as he, Bambam, and Jungkook walked over to the table. “If it wasn’t for you, noona, we all would’ve had separate lives.”

Sana frowned and looked up at Jungkook who had stopped next to her. “Who are you?”

He shrugged. “Jungkook. You?”

“Sana.”

Jungkook shot her a smile and pulled a paper out of his pocket, slipping it into Sana’s hand. “Call me.” He tapped Yugyeom’s shoulder. “See you in class. I need to go talk to the principal.” Yugyeom nodded. Jungkook looked to Sana and winked before leaving the cafeteria. Sana frowned and looked at the others who were all staring at her.

“What was that?” She peeked at the paper Jungkook gave her with his number on it and blinked twice.

Mina chuckled. “Are you serious?”

Momo rolled her eyes, snatching the paper away from Sana. “This is why she’s still single. She doesn’t know when guys are flirting with her.” She looked at the paper. “Oh, look. He even drew a little heart next to his number.”

Sana blushed. “W-Wait...He was flirting with...Me?”

Yugyeom nodded as he took the empty seat next to Sana. “He was.”

Sana shyly played with her fingers. “Oh…”

“Time to put him on your list of potential boyfriends,” Momo joked as she slid the paper into Sana’s pocket.

Sana frowned and hit Momo’s arm. “Shut up. And stop making all these weird boyfriend lists—”

Mina smiled as she gently played with Jackson’s fingers that were laced with hers as she looked around the table. “Hey, guys,” she said. “I’m glad we’re all friends. And thanks for making this last year exciting. Even if it was stressful at first.”

“I’m glad we’re all friends too,” said Momo. “I’m also glad Mark oppa and Jackson oppa aren’t going to be fighting anymore.”

Jackson feigned a gasp. “You called me oppa. How did that taste coming out?”

“Like vomit,” Momo joked. “But I’m going to have to get used to it since you’re with Mina.”

Jackson grinned and squeezed Mina’s hand. “Best believe this girl is mine.”

“Okay, but if you hurt her, I swear on Jaebum oppa’s life that I will kill you.”

Jaebum frowned. “What? On my life? Why mine?”

Momo smiled and tightened Jaebum’s tie making him flinch. “You know why, love.”

Jaebum pouted. “Oh, come on. That was a long time ago. Can’t you forget about it?”

“You’re forgetting one thing, oppa. I’m a girl.” Momo smiled as she smoothed out his tie against his chest and ruffled Jaebum’s hair. “We don’t forget things.” She gently patted his cheek before standing up from the chair. “Sana, come on. Let’s go stalk your boyfriend.”

Sana blushed. “He’s not my boyfriend…” She quickly got up and waddled after Momo.

Yugyeom laughed as Jaebum loosened his tie. “Seems like she’s going to be a handful for you, hyung.”

Jaebum sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I know…”

“I told you not to break up with her,” Jackson said tossing a small ball of rice across the table at Jaebum.
    “I know—” Jaebum stared at the ball of rice when it landed in his lap and rubbed his cheek.

Mina smiled and glanced around the table yet again. I’m grateful for everyone. I like how this is. I wouldn’t change a thing, she thought getting lost in her thoughts trying to think of how her life would’ve been without everyone.

“Hey—” said Jackson snapping Mina out of her thoughts. “The bell rang.”

Mina looked up at him. “Huh?”

“The bell rang. We need to get to class.”

“Oh, right,” she said standing up and taking hold of Jackson’s outstretched hand.

“What were you thinking about?” Jackson asked as they walked down the hall.

“Oh, just…thinking about how life would’ve been without everyone,” Mina replied watching Mark, Youngjae, Jaebum, and Jinyoung walking ahead of them. “Funny thing is…I couldn’t.”

Jackson smiled and squeezed her hand gently. “Guess that means, everything is perfect the way it is.”

Mina looked at him and grinned. “Yeah. Everything is perfect.”


-END-