Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook

The X-File
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Se7en’s story on Strong Heart YG Family Special in 2012 and GD’s on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook. Enjoy!

 

Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook, 2022.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you. Welcome to sketchbook everyone. I’m Yoo Hee Yeol” Yoo Hee Yeol greeted the audiences.

“Alright. Let me introduce our first guest we have for today's sketchbook. Today's guest has a lot of the same overlapping qualities as me. Especially when it comes to fashion or just appearance in general” he said and laughed at his own joke.

He continued “His style seems pretty nice. And if you ever watch this person's stage performances or music videos, you'll notice that it's so natural” the crowd begin to cheered, seems like they knew the guest based on Yoo Hee Yeol’s hint.

“Alright, this is the stage of the man who knows how to rock the stage. G-Dragon!”

--- G-Dragon performing Crooked ---

G-Dragon finished his performance and the audiences squealed “wow, he’s awesome! G-Dragon is here with us!” Yoo Hee Yeol introducing Jiyong to the audience.

“Hello nice to meet you. I’m G-Dragon” he bowed politely

“I was watching next to the stage and GD looked awesome and so did you, the audience. Really, you all are awesome. All of you were jumping” Yoo Hee Yeol praised G-Dragon stage performance and the audience cheered.

“Alright, you know it's been such a long time since your last sketchbook appearance with us” Yoo Hee Yeol said.

“Yes, I think it’s been 5 years?” Jiyong tried to recall his last performance in 2017 when he promoted his 2nd mini album.

“you've been good?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked.

“yes I have, thank you” Jiyong smiles.

“Okay, let’s talk about your new album. Your new album was released last month on your birthday. And everytime you relese an album, your song become a huge hit” the audience cheered.

“ah… thank you. Yes I just released my 3rd album last month, so I’m here to promote it”

“I saw you write this on your sns account ‘I’m sure this is the best album ever’. Okay why did you think so?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked curious.

“Comparing to my old albums, I like it the most”

“When making this album, what was in your mind?”

“I made my album thinking it’s the last time, because i don’t know when will be my next album. So i just put what I’ve wanted to do till now” Jiyong said in honesty

Yoo Hee Yeol nodded in agreement “Jiyong, you make your own music right?” Jiyong nodded his head yes. “How you do it when composing by yourself? And where did you get the inspiration? I know you always asked by this question, but i still want to know” Yoo Hee Yeol asked.

“It’s always different depending on when and where. Any song that I write, I make them all as if they're going to be my title song. I imagine and keep in mind the types of outfits that will go well with the song, the stage performances, and even how the music video concept will look like” Jiyong answered.

He added “And my inspirations, everythings can inspired me. Like art, fashion, and people around me” He admits

“G-Dragon is the name that has been popular not just in Korea, but the whole world. GD's acquaintances are awesome. Is there anyone special?” Yoo Hee Yeol looked closer to Jiyong.

“mmm.. lately I’m hanging out a lot with Pharell and Jaden Smith. And we are working on a project”

“Then what about the International singer CL? Are you close with her too?” Yoo Hee Yeol ask in the middle of their conversation. And the whole studio squealed at his question.

“I think I know where this conversations go” Jiyong hide his face in his hands and laughed

Yoo Hee Yeol smirked “Ah.. since you already know. Do you mind giving a short glance of your married life? How's your little one doing?”

“He is good. So cute and handsome like me” He start smiling shyly.

Yoo Hee Yeol chuckled “okay, okay. This is your first time on tv broadcast after the news broke out right?”

“Yes, that’s right” Jiyong answered.

“So, why you decide to admit your relationship with CL to the public?” Yoo Hee Yeol asked curious. Meanwhile, silence rule the whole studio as everybody waited for Jiyong 's answer.

“Honestly, I didn’t intentionally try to hide the fact that were married until this long. So I was a bit surprised to see the articles came out just now. I was in our house in LA when the news broke out. Around 11 am, there was a call. Turn out that it’s from YG.  I picked it up and YG spoke to me. ‘Check the internet now! Just check and call me back’ and then he hung up on me” Jiyong said imitating YG.

“Chaerin and I tried to check on the internet and there were many news headline about our couple photos. There were many photos when we're on a trip in several country. We kept saying that we are just close like brother-sister and lied to everyone before. But whoever see that photo will know that it's a couple photo. Turn out that all this time some paparazzi followed us and that photo was released on the internet” he explained.

“After few minutes only, there were hundreds article about it and a big fuss on the internet. I was scared, and I thought my wife must have felt even worse, right?”

“Yes, that’s right” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter