Miss

You Are My Possession

Admin's note: FINALLY, I GOT TIME TO UPDATE THIS STORY HHHH. I'm sorry for not updating since I've been so busy. I'm still busy but I will try my best to update more. Thank you for waiting <3


It had been two weeks since I last saw Wonho around. Well, he’s probably as busy as I am – or busier than me since he is the CEO of this company. Everyday went well since the last time I saw him. Maybe my day was meant to be better without seeing him at all.

That’s what I thought.

“Excuse me, Mr. Im?” I asked my boss, trying not to sound surprised. “You heard me right Jungmi. You are invited to Mr. Shin’s birthday party along with other secretaries,” Jaebum said. Jungmi was about to refuse the invitation when Jaebum lift up his hand to stop her from whatever she was about to do.

“Please, Jungmi. Just accept the invitation, okay?” Jaebum persuaded. She let out a soft sigh before bowing her head slightly and turns around to walk out of the room. She sits down on her chair and let out another sigh – a frustrated one.

First, she totally forgot that Wonho’s birthday is tomorrow. Second, she tried her best not to meet Wonho anymore but obviously it’s not going to work. Third, he rented a club just for the party. Yes, she is legal and she had been to a club once but she doesn’t like it. She doesn’t like anything about club.

She doesn’t like the alcohol they serve. She doesn’t like the loud music that makes it hard to talk without screaming. She doesn’t like the fact that people will publicly grinding against each other especially on the dance floor. She doesn’t like it when guys try to flirt around with her, as if she is an easy girl.

Out of all places, why does it have to be a club? He probably already forgot the fact that she doesn’t like club. As she expected, she is not important for him. All of a sudden, a tear flow down her cheek. She widened her eyes slightly and reaches up to wipe the tear away. Heck, when did she even cry? Did her tear flow down at the thought of her not being an important person to her own ex? How embarrassing.

 

“Welcome to HS Club, Ms. Jeon,” the bouncer greeted with a smile on his face after he scanned the name list provided for Wonho’s birthday party. Jungmi gives him a small smile before walking into the not-so-crowded club. There won’t be that much people since Wonho literally rented the whole club just for his birthday celebration.

Jungmi’s eyes look around the place to look for two things. One, if Wonho is around her or not. She feels kind of lucky since she didn’t see Wonho anywhere. Second, where is the bar? A glass of martini would be good right now.

As her eyes wandering around the place, she didn’t realised that someone is walking towards her until she bumped that person. “I’m so sorr-,” her words were cut off the moment she look up to see the person’s face.

“It must be fate, right?” The man in front of her said with a little smirk on his face, making Jungmi let out a chuckle. “I didn’t know I will meet you here, Mr. Park,” Jungmi said.

“Well, Wonho and I are friends so it makes sense if I’m here…” Jinyoung said. He then walks a step closer to Jungmi before leaning down to whisper into her ear. “…and sweetheart, call me Jinyoung.”

Jungmi’s cheeks turn crimson red at his nickname for her just now. Yes, she is currently not in the mood to be in love with anyone for now but that doesn’t mean that she won’t melt when a man called her using nicknames – especially when the man is Park Jinyoung. Really, who can resist him?

She was about to refuse Jinyoung’s words but Jinyoung put his finger against her lips and lean to her until there are only few inches between his face and hers. “It’s not a request, but an order,” he said with a wink and a smirk plastered against his face, making Jungmi blush again.

The rest of the night was spent with both Jinyoung and Jungmi talking to each other about a lot of things, trying to get to know one another. It was filled with laughter and happiness. They talked about how silly they were in the past, their hobbies, ambitions and other things that can be talk about.

But, their chat was interrupted by the sound of someone testing the mic. Jungmi and Jinyoung turn their head to see who is talking and it turns out to be Wonho’s secretary.

“I would like to say welcome to everyone who came to this party,” he said. “Without further ado, I invite our one and only CEO, Mr. Shin Hoseok to give out his speech.”

Everyone clap their hands as they watch Wonho walking up the stage – everyone, except Jungmi. Her hand turn into a fist, her eyes are burning with fire as she grits her teeth. Right when she thought she doesn’t have to face him, he will appear in front of her. It’s as if he knows what is playing in her mind. Oh, she hates him so much.

“Thank you for coming to this small party everyone,” Wonho said, starting his speech. “As you know…” While Wonho is giving his speech, Jungmi’s mind is wandering off to somewhere else. Her eyes are still fixes on Wonho but her mind and heart says otherwise.

Her eyes move up and down, studying Wonho’s clothes. Black suit, no tie, leather black shoes – exactly like the Wonho she used to love before and she hates it. She hates how he still looks as good as how they used to be together before. She hates how she still admits that he looks so handsome. She hates him.

“…. Once again, thank you very much and I hope you enjoy the night,” Wonho ended his speech before walking down the stage.

Jinyoung turns to look at Jungmi. Her eyes are so focus on Wonho. Jinyoung touch her shoulder, making Jungmi jumped slightly due to shock.

“Woah woah, are you okay?” Jungmi clears before flashing a soft smile and nods her head, assuring him that she is okay – even though she isn’t. “I’m sorry. Maybe I’m just tired,” she said, hoping her reason is enough to cover up what actually happen.

They continue to talk from where they left off earlier. Once again, it was full with laughter and joy. But, they didn’t notice that someone had been watching them since he steps into this club.

 

“So, Jungmi, have you ever been in a relationship before?” His question makes her froze in her place. Her mind suddenly flashed back to all those sweet and happy memories of her with Wonho. All those things make her heart ache, as if she got a heart attack. Without realizing, her tears flow down her cheek. Luckily the club is dark enough to hide the fact that she is crying.

Jungmi her lips before flashing Jinyoung a small smile. “May I excuse myself for a moment? I need to go to the toilet,” she said.

Jinyoung knew that smile isn’t sincere but he didn’t say anything. He knew that he should not talk about relationship. He replied her with the same smile and nods his head. “I’ll be right here,” he said.

His words makes Jungmi smile softly before walking towards the toilet to wash away the tears and clear her mind from all those memories. Oh how she wishes she can take all those memories and dump it in a trash bin.

 

“Seriously Jungmi, you have to be strong. You need to stop thinking about all of those useless things. It’s not important anymore,” Jungmi said to herself. Both hands on each side of the sink and her face looks straight into the mirror. She closes her eyes for a few moments before taking a deep breath and exhale slowly. When she feels more relax, she opens her eyes and flashes herself a smile.

Her heels click onto the toilet floor as she walks towards the door and opens it. But, she didn’t know that Wonho is currently leaning against the wall just beside female’s toilet. Jungmi didn’t notice his presence until he opens up his mouth.

 “I see you’re having fun with Jinyoung.” His words make Jungmi turns her whole body around to face him. The smile she had before was long gone and it’s replaced with anger. Her eyebrows frown slightly. What is wrong with this guy? Can he not bother you anymore?

“At least he treats me like I was supposed to be treated,” she replied, making Wonho scoffs lightly and his lips curl into a small smirk. So feisty, just like the Jungmi he used to know before.

Jungmi rolls her eyes before turning her body to get away from the situation. She is already tired from all her works and she doesn’t need to add on another stress on herself. So, she tried her best to get away. Yes, tried.

The moment Jungmi turned her body around, Wonho took big steps towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. His hid his face into her neck, inhaling her scent. It still smells the same. She still smells like vanilla, just how he likes it.

Jungmi’s eyes widen at Wonho’s sudden attack. Her hands move to his arms on her waist, trying so hard to pull away her body from him. But, it’s all useless. Wonho had always been stronger than her and he doesn’t like to lose. He tightened his grip around her, until she knows that it is useless to fight him.

She fights her tears to fall for the second time tonight. Jungmi turns her face slightly, not enough to look at him but enough for him to hear her question. “Why are you doing this, Wonho? What else do you want from me?”

She might try to control her tears but Wonho knows that she is trying to control herself because of her voice tone. He gulps down his own saliva. His mind went back to the night where he broke her. It was awful. It was horrible. Since the day he left her, he never stop thinking about what he did to her. He knows it’s going to be hard to win her heart back. But, he will never stop trying – especially when she is in his arms now.

Wonho pecks her neck softly before lifting up his face slightly to whisper into her ears. “I miss you. I really do,” he confessed softly.

His tears flow down his cheeks, and the same goes to her.