He's Back

You Are My Possession

As if the weather can sense her feelings, rain pours down from the sky. Just like how her tears flow down her rosy cheeks as she looks at the guy in front of her. Her eyes shown mixture of sadness and confused.

Why would he do that? Why would he leave her after everything they’ve done together? Was it her fault? Wasn’t he satisfied with her? Did he fall for someone else? Why did all of these happen to her?

She got so many questions in her head yet she just stares at the man in front of her, her face is already wet with tears. No words coming out from their mouth. Only the sounds of rain hitting the window filled the room.

Seeing her condition, he wants to pull her into his arms so bad for he knows that will calm her down and feel protected. If he can, he wants to grab the back of her head and kiss her pink lips while circling his arms around her waist. He would do anything just to have her by his side all the time, whispering those sweet three words into her ear so that she will know how much he appreciates her.

But, he can’t. He knows if he wants to fix her, he needs to fix himself first. With a heavy heart, he turns his body and walk out of the door. No goodbye or see you later. He left her, with nothing but memories of both of them and the house they live in. Well, used to.

 

Her heels came in contact with the floor as she walks towards the lift creating a majestic sound. All the people turns their heads towards her then greet her a good morning and she replied all of them with a soft smile.

It was always like this every morning. As if it’s a routine, she would walk into the building and all the people would greet her every single day. Although she is just a secretary but people give her a lot of respect.

Who won’t honestly? She is working with one of the most choosey boss people have ever known. He’s hard to work with. After his favourite secretary resigned, due to sickness, it took him almost a year to find a perfect secretary for himself. Until he meet her.

Jeon Jungmi, an attractive 25 years old lady. The moment he lays his eyes on her, he knew she is the one he had been looking for. Not because she is a beauty but the way she brought herself. It’s kind of weird but he can sense people’s behavior and he knew she is an independent woman. In his opinion, nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is strong on the inside. Thus, he chose her as his secretary.

Jungmi had been working for him for six months now. So far, everything went by smoothly. To be honest, even she can’t believe that she manages to stand with her boss’s attitude every day because she knows how hard it is for a human to work under this man.

Nevertheless, she is grateful with what she has right now. Great job. Good people. Perfect life.

 

“Ms. Jeon, please come to my office now.” A voice can be heard through the machine, which belong to no other than her boss also knows as Mr. Im Jaebum.

Without further ado, she rises up from her seat and walks towards her boss’s office. Knocking thrice, she finally heard an approval words for her to come inside. She turns the doorknob and enters the spacious room then shut the door so that no one can interrupt both of them.

Jungmi walks carefully yet gracefully towards Mr. Im’s table, trying not to hit the couch set in the middle of the room with a coffee table in front of it. Flashing him a soft smile, she asked, “Yes, sir?”

“You do know that the chairman’s son will come and replace his father’s position starting tomorrow, right?” Jaebum asked. Although her brows frown a little bit, she still nods her head at his question. “Yes I do, sir.”

“Good. Well then, you have to come earlier since you will have to accompany me to greet him in the morning.” Somehow, Jaebum’s words make her face light up. I mean, who won’t when you get to meet your CEO’s son the first thing in the morning. Besides, you’ve heard a lot of rumour saying that he is only in his 20’s and he is quite handsome.

Jungmi bowed her head lightly at Jaebum, indicating that she will follow his order. She didn’t plan to refuse it from the start anyway. All of the ladies in this building had always dreamed to see how Mr. Park’s son looks like and here she is, getting the chance to do so. Well, it is one of the benefits of being a secretary anyway.

“If there is nothing else, may I go now, sir?” Jungmi asked politely before receiving a slight nod from her boss. She turns on her heels and walk out of the room, a wide smile formed against her face the moment she sat down on her chair.

She knows it’s wrong to imagine how will her CEO’s son looks like but she can’t help it. What if he really is one attractive guy? Besides, he is in his 20’s. What could go wrong with that, right?

 

“Oh my god, are you being serious right now?” Jungmi did nothing but to nod her head, proving that’s it’s the truth. “You’re saying that you get to meet Mr. Park’s son tomorrow early in the morning?” She nods her head once again, agreeing with her friend’s statement.

“You lucky girl,” she said as she hit Jungmi’s arm lightly, making her chuckle softly at her friend’s action. Kim Sejeong had been Jungmi’s bestfriend since high school. Sejeong is also the first one to approach her at school and from that day on, their friendship starts to grow.

“Well, what can I say? That is the benefit of being a secretary,” Jungmi said. Lifting her cup, she takes a sip from her hot chocolate. Her mind went back to imagine how will her new CEO look like. Is he going to be skinny like a stick or is he a muscular man? Did he have beard or none at all? What colour is his hair?

“Earth to Jungmi, are you there?” Sejeong’s words bring her back to reality. She blinks her eyes for a few moments before raising her brows. “Did you say anything?”

Sejeong did nothing but shaking her head lightly. She has to admit that sometimes Jungmi can be easily distracted. Just like what happened few minutes ago. “I said, you can think anything you want but be careful not to fall. You might get hurt, again.”

Those words make Jungmi’s smile turn upside down. Yes, she was in love before. Deeply in love until the day he decided to left her all alone. From that moment on, she learnt how to be independent and to get stronger mentally and emotionally. That’s what makes her what she is today.

Her lips curl up into a small smile and flash it to Sejeong. “Don’t worry. I won’t.”

 

Jungmi did a last check of herself in the toilet for one last time. Somehow, the moment she woke up this morning she felt like something big is going to happen, not quite sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. Yet, she decides to shake it off because what could go wrong from meeting the CEO’s son?

She straightens her blouse and pant, making sure she looks presentable in front of their future big boss. Satisfied with her looks, she then walk out from the toilet and go to the entrance where all important people are.

As she getting closer, her boss, Mr. Im waves his hand towards her, indicating for her to come to him. With a soft smile, she obliged her boss’s instruction.

“I was wondering where you were, Ms. Jeon,” he said, more like whispering since he doesn’t want anyone to listen to their conversation. Jungmi just bow her head a bit towards his direction. “I’m sorry. I was at the toilet earlier”. Mr. Im let out a soft hum to let her know that he heard her reason for not being there with him few minutes ago.

As if on cue, a bmw car parked right in front of the entrance. Without wasting any moment, the chauffeur hurriedly walks towards the expensive vehicle and open the backseat door. All of the workers stand straight, getting ready to greet their new CEO, including Jungmi.

But, the moment he let out his head, most of the women present tried to steal a glance through the corner of their eyes, also including Jungmi. I mean, who won’t do that when you get a new guy as your big boss?

Finally, he let out his face from inside the car. Jungmi can’t see his face clearly due to other people standing beside her and their body sizes are quite bigger than hers.

Right at the time he steps into the building, everyone bow their head and body in 45 degrees while greeting him with a “good morning”. Their voices echo throughout the whole building since they greeted him at the same time. Few seconds after that, everyone straighten themselves so it will be easier for his father’s secretary to introduce who is who.

Jungmi can sense his step getting closer and closer towards her and for no reason her heart starts to beat rapidly. Was it because she was nervous or excited? All she can do is take a deep breathe, hoping that action can calm her heart.

“This is the Sales Department’s boss, Mr. Im Jaebum and this is his secretary, Ms. Jeon Jungmi.” Both of Mr. Im and Jungmi bow their head lightly. He reaches his hand forward to shake Mr. Im’s hand. Jungmi didn’t know what to do but to keep her eyes down. That is until she heard his voice.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Im”. Her eyes widen. That voice. She recognizes that voice. Suddenly, it’s getting harder to breathe. Swallowing some saliva, she encourage herself to lift her eyes up and she immediately regret it.

She was right. It was him. He came back. She can’t believe he came back after all these years. She thought she won’t have to face him anymore. But here he is, standing in front of her.

“It is a pleasure to meet you too, sir,” Mr. Im replied. He lets out a soft chuckle before shaking his head slightly. “The name is Hoseok. Shin Hoseok, also knows as Wonho.”

His eyes then move towards the person who is standing next to Jaebum. He had his emotionless face when he lays his eyes on her before his lips break into a small smile as his hand reach forward for her to take it.

Jungmi’s eyes fall onto his hand. It becomes even harder to breathe normally. She feels like she can pass out anytime soon. Clenching her jaw, she takes his hand and slowly looks up at him. Her eyes full of anger, hatred and disappointment but she conceals them with a soft smile plastered against her face.

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Jeon,” he said. That voice was once a voice that she can’t get enough hearing it. If it is possible, she wants to listen to that voice for the whole day. But now, she despises that voice. She wishes all of these to just be a dream though she knows that this is a total reality. So, she can’t do anything but to keep smiling and say, “Nice meeting you too, Mr. Shin.”