interlude: Shin Hoseok

potential for a "boyfriend tag"

“Hey guys, welcome to another Music Monday ! You guys have been yelling at me to react to MonstaX’s new song even before it came out,” I.M’s voice plays through the speakers, boston accent tinting his words, “ but like, it’s already kind of a given that I’m gonna react to it, isn’t it?

Quirking an eyebrow at the screen, Hoseok snickers as  I.M jokingly fans himself with his hands. He can see the posters hidden behind I.M, various artists plastered acorss his walls (is that a Jooheon poster he sees?) - Hoseok can’t help but smirk when he catches sight of the MonstaX posters hidden amongst the bunch. Cute.

I.M’s head bobs to the beat of the song, mouthing sloppily along to the chorus as it plays. “God, I know I’ve said this before but Wonho has once again wrecked all of my standards with his visuals. Thanks buddy,” I.M’s head shakes in mock-disappointment, though his shoulders still bop along with the song.

 

Hoseok jumps when a hand rests on his shoulder, ripping his headphones out of his ears and turning to face the man standing behind him. “Watching more of his videos?” Kihyun snickers, looking down at Hoseok with an amused smirk when the man tries (and fails) to minimise the browser, “he’s totally got the hots for you.”

Hoseok huffs in response, ignoring the fact that his bandmate had just caught him watching Kkukkung’s MonstaX reaction videos (...again). “I know,” he admits with a resigned but cocky sigh, because it’s not like Kihyun doesn’t already know about his weird, thirst-related crush on the cute youtuber (like, really cute youtuber), so he might as well own up to it. “It’s so cute… ugh.”

“This is the kid that Minhyuk was talking about, right?” Kihyun asks, peering down at the paused video, “The one Minhyuk brought with him to when you guys went out. What’s he like, actually?”

Hoseok nods, “Yeah, Minhyuk introduced him to us a few days ago…” Tilting his head, he thinks back to the day he actually met I.M - or rather, Changkyun , he was introduced as. The boy’s clumsy movements and apple-red cheeks flash through his mind and Hoseok can’t help but grin. He’s definitely, 100% cuter in person and I totally wanna eat him right up , is the first thing that comes to mind, but Hoseok at least has some sense of self-preservation because he knows damn-well that Kihyun would never let him live that down. Instead, he just bites his lip and shrugs, “he was nice.”

He hears Kihyun scoff, the younger man’s hand leaving his shoulder. “Mhm, nice,” the words are dripping with sarcasm, “whatever you say Hoseokie. We all know what you mean by nice , anyway.” Kihyun leaves the room after that, laughing when Hoseok flips him off. There’s really nothing he can say about that anyway, Kihyun’s got a point. Hoseok thinks Changkyun is definitely more than “nice” - he knows it, Kihyun knows it, and Hoseok knows he isn’t the only one who thinks that ( cough Jooheon cough). 

The youtuber is timid and jittery in person, nothing like his bold online persona, a bit (read: very ) clumsy, and when they met Changkyun refused to look Hoseok or Jooheon (or anyone, really) in the eyes - but that was more endearing than anything. He was smaller than Hoseok thought he would be , practically drowning in the sweater he was wearing, but he was pretty , without a doubt. His sweater had hung low enough to show his sharp collarbones and his blue-black hair was mussed cutely - and don’t even get him started on how pretty the red flush looked on Changkyun’s cheeks.

When they that flush travelled down his slim neck and god , was that a delectable image (and one that Hoseok still can’t stop think about). The more he thinks about it, the more he wants to see where else that flush extended to. If he closed his eyes, Hoseok could just…


Oh god , he groans suddenly, shifting uncomfortably under the computer on his lap as heat spikes through his stomach. Not again.