How to Reply to a Message Without Sounding Like I’m Super Gay and Totally 100% Wanna Get With That™ : a guide NOT by lim changkyun

potential for a "boyfriend tag"

┐_(ツ)_┌ [@emily.rose] posted a photo: 

               @kkukkung wonho followed you back!!!!!! Have you seen??

 

Oh yes, Changkyun has definitely seen. The glaring notification ("@won.hoe started  following you! ) is kind of hard to not see. “Oh god,” he groans because not only has he learned that a) Shin Hoseok has seen more than one of his reaction videos and b) Jooheon seems to know about his weird admiration (read: hard on) for his voice - but now Hoseok has found the very same twitter he spills all of his deepest, darkest secrets on. The world must hate him, he concludes, the universe has it out for him. How else would have Hoseok found his twitter?

(He ignores the fact that Hoseok probably found his twitter because of either Minhyuk or the fact that all of Changkyun’s usernames are the same, in favour of wallowing in his own self-pity. logic, blaming it on the universe makes him feel better about himself.)

 

“ing kill me,” Changkyun begs, dropping his phone onto the floor carelessly. “I’ll never live this down. My life is over.”

Taehyuk pats his back sympathetically, not looking up from his book as he replies, “You got yourself into this mess, Kyun.”

Ah, right. It’s Changkyun's own fault that he’s been “found out” because he’s never thought twice about posting about his “undying thirst” for his faves (which leads to some very embarrassing - and incriminating - tweets being posted and used against him). Changkyun rolls off of his roommate after that great reminder, shoves his face into one of the couch cushions, and screams.

“You know, you could always delete your tweets if you’re that worried,” Tehyuk suggests, peering down at Changkyun phone as it starts to vibrate, “or like, your whole twitter so you stop embarrassing yourself like this?”

Changkyun shakes his head, voice muffled by the couch cushions, “I can’t! They already have receipts, hyung!”

With an annoyed roll of his eyes. Tehyuk stands up from the couch. “Need I remind you who’s fault that is in the first place? I’ve had enough of your whining, you big baby. Just man up and face the consequences. Maybe you’ll manage to score yourself a hot guitarist?”

Slapping Changkyun on the back once again, Tehyuk shuffles out of the room, “Also answer your phone, will you? It’s been buzzing since you started whining like the baby you are.”

Changkyun scowls, cheeks flushing. Leave me alone, he wants to yell, but that will only end with more kind-of-playful teasing on Tehyuk’s part. He looks back down, glaring at his phone that is, in fact, buzzing on the ground. He’s almost completely sure it’s his twitter notifs, but on the off chance that it might be Minhyuk (probably about something involving said twitter notifs), he picks it up.

True to his word, his screen is flooded by the blue twitter icon (and Minhyuk’s texts), but Changkyun’s eyebrows furrow when he notices the unfamiliar number highlighted in between the blue. “Who the…” His eyes wander down to the message and Changkyun feels his heart jump in his chest No ing way.

 

hey kkukkung its jooheon. this is probs weird since we just met??? lmao but.. .” The message trails off there, forcing Changkyun to have to swipe right to see the rest. Or ignore it and pretend that it never existed in hopes that he won’t somehow make an idiot of himself again. “It’s just a text, Changkyun,” he tells himself, thumb hovering hesitantly over the text. “Stop being such a .”

The message pops up and changkyun’s heart just about leaps from his chest (from excitement or shock, he’s not really sure yet). hey kukkung its jooheon. this is probs weird since we just met??? lmao but i wanted to ask if u wanted to collab maybe??????? i mean don’t feel obligated bro but i think it’d be pretty sweet

 

There’s literally nothing special about the message (bro . Jooheon ing called him bro. changkyun’s been bro-zoned already) but the fact that it’s from lee mothering jooheon is enough to have him squealing into the cushions like a 12 year old girl. The question of how exactly jooheon acquired his cellphone number is but a fleeting thought - instead, changkyun’s too busy trying to control his “fanboy” urges to actually give a .

(it was probably minhyuk, anyway, he reasons.)

After about 10 minutes, changkyun’s fit is though - with the help of tehyuk and his ever helpful suggestion (ie: “shut the up you gay motherer, you’re gonna wake up the whole apartment block with your crying ”). His phone is secured tightly between two stiff hands, droopy eyes glaring holes into the screen. How to reply… he wonders.

 

(Or, more accurately, How to Reply Without Sounding Like I’m Super Gay For You and Totally 100% Wanna Get With That™ . )

 

yeah that sounds pre cool ig” is the genius response Changkyun sends… and regrets right after. , he squeaks, staring at the sent message with horror in his eyes, what if he thinks i don’t care? His fingers squabble over the keys briefly and changkyun sighs in relief after his second text is sent, “i mean yo i’d love to collab bro”.

It’s still not great ( “i’d love to bro ”? Really changkyun?) but at least changkyun comes off as interested - but not too interested. He thinks. He’s not really sure how these things work, honestly… while he is a pretty successful youtuber (if he may say so himself), changkyun’s socials skill are, for a lack of better words, subpar. In other words, almost non-existent (he’s fine in front of his own camera, but put him with other people and he's a ing mess ).

Collabs are pretty uncommon for him, he can count the number of collabs on his channel on one hand, so he can only guess how great this one’s gonna go - that is, if they even follow through on a collab. What would we even do, changkyun thinks, mind wandering off as he stares at the ceiling.

Q&A’s those stupid internet challenges maybe games? He does do LP’s…  they could even do some sort of rap collaboration. His chest bubbles with giddiness as thoughts of himself and jooheon, rapping together on a track, start to fill his mind. Their voices would mesh well together, in changkyun’s opinion; his own low, musky tone mixed with jooheon’s raspy baritone… smooth as butter …. before he even can stop it, changkyun’s thoughts start to sway a little too for his tastes.

Not today satan , he snorts, pushing himself up and off the couch. The fact that even the thought of jooheon rapping makes his stir in his pants in a little pathetic - but changkyun’s well past having dignity. This is far from the first time jooheon’s voice has caused problems in his life - and it’s probably not gonna be the last, changkyun sighs, resigning himself to fate.

 

(write it on his ing grave: “rest in peace Lim Changkyun. Forever busting a nut for Lee “honeythighs” Jooheon”. )

 


 

 

Yo what’s up everybody, it’s ya’ boy Kukkung here ,” Changkyun grins at the camera, holding up his signature peace sign (his face scrunches up when he does it, dimples pulling at his cheeks endearingly), “a bunch of you wanted me to reach to some History, so who am I to keep denying the masses? I know this is pretty late, but it’s better than never, am I right?”

He snickers, holding up his keyboard, “well, now or never. Here’s history’s “Queen” .” The music video pops up on one of the bottom corners of Changkyun’s screen and immediately, Changkyun’s head bobs along with the beat. He let’s himself get lost in the video, spouting commentary here and there - but what is a kkukkung video without any thirst?

Okay, holy ,” Changkyun gasps, almost dramatically, his water bottle almost falling from his hands as Jang Yijeong’s shirtless back flashes across the screen. “ Jesus christ, was not expecting that : is totally into that.”

The song comes to a close, and like always, Changkyun gives his review (“stan legends, stan History”, “did Yijeong get hotter or is it just me?”, and most iconically: “did you see Kyungil’s arms? He could punch me in the face and I’d thank him”) but before the video ends, a comical record scratch plays though the speakers.

So, ” he starts, looking uncharacteristically serious (though he’s almost always deadfaced at least 80 percent of the time), “as some of you may know… or not, probably… anyway, Jooheon and I are talking about a collab. Yeah, you heard that right, the jooheon, Lee “honey thighs” Jooheon - also the one y’all have been bugging me to check out for months now, but I can assure you I’m quite well-acquainted with him… wait, no-

Even with Changkyun’s clever stage lighting, his bright flush is still visible through his camera lense (it’s cute, honestly), but considering the “call-out posts” and screenshots plastered all over his twitter mentions, his fans already have a lot of incriminating receipts on him - what’s one more embarrassing screenshot?

God, okay, enough with the embarrassment train. Remember to give this video a nice, big thumbs up if you enjoyed - I know I did- and remember to subscribe. I am what I am, man, peace out!

 

Jooheon pauses the video on changkyun’s end greeting, snickering behind his hand. What a cute kid, he thinks, glancing down at his phone. Him and Changkyun have been exchanging texts back and forth for the last few days - nothing special, just talking about their possible collab - but Jooheon has yet to reply to his latest message (he might have got distracted, maybe , but how can you not get distracted when you’ve got a shirtless Shin Hoseok in your bed ? It’s literally impossible, okay). 

The image of Changkyun’s flushed cheeks and excited smile (as he talks about their collab, no less) fash through Jooheon’s mind. He’s not oblivious (contrary to what people like to think sometimes); he obviously caught onto the little “crush” changkyun has on him (and not only him) - after all, the YouTuber isn’t as discreet as he thinks he is. Jooheon giggles, tapping away at his phone.

 


 

 

     New Message (1)

 

Changkyun flinches as his phone dings loudly, pushing himself away from his computer to pick it up. He doesn’t look at the screen as he unlocks the phone, but his face burns at the message.

 

          Thicc Thighs Save Lives: heyyy i hear ur excited about our collab… do u wanna meet up n talk about it? ;)))

 

Changkyun almost screeches in frustration, dropping his phone in surprise. “W-winky face? What the hell is that supposed to mean?”