how to be a ing moron: a guide by Lim Changkyun

potential for a "boyfriend tag"

I.M [@ kkukkung ] posted a photo:

        time to start my new life in korea. maybe i’ll run into monstax LOL

 

“Run into MonstaX…” Right , he scoffs, shaking his head.

Changkyun squints, eyes following the steady flow of Han River.  Seoul isn’t as different as he thought it would be, really. Crowded, yes , but nothing he can’t handle. Probably. He’s a little lost right now, to be honest. He literally went outside to scope out his neighbourhood but ended up getting lost along the way (because apparently he’s a ing moron). On one hand, he’s not sure how he managed to get this lost (as far as he knows,  his apartment isn’t near the river), but on the other… he’s not surprised.

Jeez… Changkyun grimaces, looking down towards his phone. He’s scrolling through his twitter feed, looking through replies with no real plan in mind. He can always just keep wandering around and see if he (somehow) can find his way back… There’s always Siri , but he’s still not sure what his own address is (again, a ing moron) so that’ll be pointless. He’s just gonna have to wait for his roommate to get home, at this point.

He could use this for a vlog, he guesses, but “Lost in Seoul: the story of how I’m a ing idiot ” seems like a lengthy title, so he might have to shorten it.

The raspy tone of Jooheon blasts through his headphones, covering the rustle of the river. Changkyun bobs his head along with the beat, mouthing the fast-paced words as he walks down the path. Changkyun pauses, shooting a look at the Starbucks across the street. His wallet sits heavily in his back pocket, a whole eight thousand won weighing it down (just begging to be spent, if you ask him).

Just enough for a coffee. Changkyun almost groans, the mere  thought of coffee is enough motivation for him to waste all his money. ing weak . He gives in, of course, and while his wallet is crying, now he’s got a hot, caffeinated drink to make up for his ty day.

 

    I.M [@ kkukkung ] posted a photo:

        i may be lost and broke now but at least i have coffee 2 keep me warm in case i can’t find my way home <3

 

Feeling a little better, Changkyun steps away from the counter, coffee in one hand and his phone in the other. He feels a little less ty now that his hands are being warmed by his favourite drink, but good things never last too long for him because life just loves to with him. Like now. (Barely two steps away from the counter and Changkyun manages to up the simple task of walking .)

He yelps, colliding roughly with the body behind him and sending them body forward. Changkyun watches in horror as his coffee goes flying… right onto the guy he just ing ran into. Spills coffee right all over his sweater. R.I.P in peace, Lim Changkyun.

He’s afraid to look up, unable to take his eyes off of the damp stain of the definitely hot coffee on the guy’s sweater. Oh he ed up . “H-Hey, look I’m really sorry-” Changkyun flinches when the guy laughs suddenly, looking up in alarm.

To his surprise, the guy doesn’t look angry - nowhere near it, in fact (which is ing weird since he just had hot as coffee spilled on him). He does look a little familiar, though. “It’s fine,” he smiles through his laughter, a little strained but brighter than the sun, as Changkyun fumbles around with the napkin dispenser awkwardly. “Don’t worry,” the guy says, staring down at his sweater and then pulling it over his head after a moment, stuffing it into the bag hanging off of his wrist, “it’s not gonna stain so I’m not mad- wait .”

Changkyun jumps when the guy’s head snaps up, narrowing eyes looking him up and down (is this guy actually checking him out?). “Um,” Changkyun mumbles uncomfortably, his face already hot from the embarrassment of his awkward blunder, “What are-”

“You’re Kkukkung , right?” He interrupts Changkyun, whose mouth drops open in shock. When Changkyun doesn’t say anything else, he smacks his fist against his palm, “I knew i recognised you! I run the channel Minhyuk-- no, wait, I am Minhyuk. I run WonderBoy .” He grins excitedly, “I’ve seen like all your videos!”

It should be a little creepy, but it’s not, and Changkyun’s left speechless. No wonder this guy is so familiar. Fluffy, platinum blond hair, sharp cheekbones, and a grin that exudes sunshine - they can only belong to one Lee Minhyuk , a somewhat-famous South Korean YouTuber who Changkyun been following for a while (and who, apparently, has seen like, all his videos).

A somewhat-famous South Korean YouTuber whom he looks up to that he just dumped his coffee on. Oh, ing great .  If there was any possibility of Changkyun’s face turning even redder (which there isn’t, he already looks like a ing fire truck), this would be when it happened. “A-About the coffee-”

“I said, don’t worry about it ,” Minhyuk repeats with a giggle, slapping Changkyun on the shoulder as if they were old friends (even though this is the first conversation they’ve ever had). He’s staring down at Changkyun with bright, sparkling eyes, “Who cares about a dumb sweater? I can’t believe I’m actually meeting you!!”

Changkyun quirks an eyebrow when Minhyuk snorts, head tilting back with bright giggles. “It’s um… I can’t believe I’m meeting you either?” And like… this, Changkyun his lips nervously, not really sure what he’s supposed to say. “Your covers are r-really good-”

“Really?” Changkyun can almost see the perked ears and wagging tail as Minhyuk beams, grabbing Changkyun hands suddenly, “Y-You think so?”

The sudden change catches him off guard. “Yeah, Minhyuk-ssi,” he nods quickly, a little unsure. Changkyun’s always been better in front of the camera or behind the mic - this is pretty new (and weird. Really weird).

“Call me hyung,” Minhyuk huffs loudly, much too happy for someone who just had hot coffee spilled all over them by an awkward stranger.

Changkyun blanches, looking around stiffly and taking note of the strange looks they were receiving (though, two guys holding hands in a puddle of coffee in the middle of Starbucks is a pretty uncommon sight). “Okay, uh, hyung… But, we should probably not stand here like this?”

“Oh! Right,” Minhyuk gasps like a scandalised old woman, dropping Changkyun’ hands and swiping his own drink from the counter, “I have to go anyway, but we need to continue this conversation, Changkyun-ah! I’ll even introduce you to some of my friends, I’m sure it’s lonely coming here by yourself!” Without even waiting for Changkyun’s response, Minhyuk pulls a permanent marker from his bag and pushes up the sleeve of Changkyun coat to write a phone number on his forearm. “Call me,” Minhyuk winks playfully before speeding out of the café.

 

“What the ?” Dumbfounded, Changkyun kind of stands there blinking like an idiot even after Minhyuk’s out of sight. Did that just happen? He isn’t actually sure whether or not Minhyuk is just a figment of his lonely, overactive imagination, but the phone number on his arm is real enough.

(This is total vlog material, Changkyun scoffs. He can see it now, “ How to Make Yourself Look Like a ing Dunce: tutorial by kkukkung” .  It’ll trend on at number 8 on YouTube.)

Looking down at his coffee-stained shoes, he kind of wants to pat himself on the back. Changkyun’s been in Seoul for… barely two days and he’s already; gotten lost , wasted all of his money, publicly embarrassed himself, spilled coffee all over a Starbucks floor and a somewhat-famous YouTuber, and gotten the number of said YouTuber.

He doesn’t know whether to congratulate himself or ing cry.

 

“Excuse me, sir?” Changkyun looks up to meet the eyes of a very annoyed Starbucks employee, “I’m going to have to ask you to leave now.”

Wow Changkyun, he thinks sarcastically, great way to start your new life.

 

I.M [@ kkukkung ] tweets:

        hey guys, a new video is up :) - “Storytime: How I Was Banned From Starbucks