Letting You Go

Letting You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyowonie...you are late!"

Yuri, my sister called me from downstairs.

"Just give me two seconds unnie!!!" I replied, applying lip balm. And quickly grabbing my white handbag, I ran downstairs, to be greeted by three smiling faces. One was my elder sister, Kwon Yuri, then there was her fiance Suho oppa and finally Oh Sehun. He stood up from the sofa, grabbing his car keys from the coffee table.

"Won't take long! We'll be back soon!!" I told unnie and oppa,while following Sehun out of our house. The older couple wavd at us, and we returned the gesture before closing the door behind us.

 

"Why here? Out of all places?"

I asked Sehun as we walked along the path to the university where both of us graduated.

Sehun gave me a smile. The smile which makes my insides weird for the past three years. "Because this is where we started our love." he sighed.

I interwined my fingers with his. "Remember how your 'fangirls' went mad when you kissed me infront of everyone?" I chuckled. He sighed again in reply. What's with all these sighing today?

"Sehun? Is something wrong?" I asked him.

He stopped in his track, and turned to me. His right hand lifted up to my face, and he smoothly caressed my cheek with his thumb. And without any warning, in the middle of the street, he leaned down and landed his lips on mine.

 

He kissed me so gently, unlike his passionate self as usual. Ignoring all the glances and stares we were getting, I kissed him back.

"Hyowon-ah..." he muttered after drawing back.

 

"Hmm...?"

 

"Let's break up."

 

At first I thought I misheard him. But the look on his eyes did not say so. They were welling up with tears, which made my heart stop.

"Sehun..."

"I won't appologize, as what I am doing cannot be forgiven, but Hyowon, I don't have any choice." he said, now starting to avoid my eyes.

"Why Sehun?" that was all I could ask. "My father's company, it's now in major trouble. you knnow, due to the stock market drop." he went on. "So his friend Mr.Kang Jaewook has offered to help us to outcome bankruptcy, but under one condition." he hesitated. "I have to marry his daughter. Kang Jinju."

 

I dropped his hand. Three years of loving the most charming guy I have ever met, and even accepting his engagement ring two months ago... all to break up and let him go to someone else like this?

But I had to be better. Knowing how much he treasured his family, I had to do better. 

"It's alright Sehun. I understand." I smiled at him, swallowing the lump in my throat. "I'll be alright."

 

I couldn't say more than that, or I couldn't face him anymore. So I turned away from him and ran along the street. That was when all the hidden tears started streaming down my cheeks. My vision was half blurred when I reached the main road. I turned to my left, hearing a loud horn and before realizing what happened, I saw a cab few feet away from me, driving towards me. And a loud bang was heard, and all I could remember was a piercing pain in my head.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

I opened my eyes to see many faces above me, staring at me intensely. "Oh Hyowonie!!! My little girl, I was so worried!" my sister literally jumped onto me and hugged me. I was on a hospital bed, in a hospital room. And along with Yuri, my bed was surrounded by Suho oppa, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

"Are you alright Hyowon?" Chanyeol asked me. I nodded and sat on the bed with the help of my sister. 

"No serious injuries, just the shock as the doctor said." Kyungsoo said. 

"Sehun?" I turned to Kai. He sighed. "He knows, but said he couldn't face you." he said.

Yuri hugged me, knowing how much pain I must be going through. "My pooor baby." she muttered as she rubbed my back.

 

Suddenly we heard a bang on the room door. Suho oppa went and opened it. Leaning on the door, a familiar tall figure was standing. His eyes were bloodshot.

"Sehun, you reek of alcohol!" Suho oppa said through gritted teeth. Sehun ignored him and made his way towards my bed, half stumbling.

''Hyowon-ah, I...I just...'' he was lost at words,as well as his senses. I have never seen him drunk as this much.

 

Yuri got up to her feet and darted towards him. "You! You have nothing to do here! Enough messing with my sister's life! Now get out of here Oh Sehun! Go and have a good time with that business deal of yours!" She shouted at him. Suho oppa held her by the shoulders, trying to calm her down, while Kai and Chanyeol dragged Sehun out of the room before a ruckus could take place.

 

Sehun stopped at the door and turned to give me one last glance. "No matter whom I live with, you will always be my one and only love Kwon Hyowon." he said, tears trickling down his reddened face.

I clutched my bed sheets, trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter