001-Final

Last Hug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CHAPTER NOTE: Words/sentences that are in BOLD represent the characters’ conversations in Japanese.]

 

001- Final

 

A few minutes ago, I received a text message from her saying she wants to meet me at our usual spot at the park and now here I am running down the streets of Seoul.

I feel like it’s about to happen.

I’m not saying that I’ve been waiting for this day. In fact, I even wished that this day would never arrive. As I reached the park, my heartbeat began to race. Then I saw her standing beside the lamp post, staring at the tree before her. I slowly approached her with careful steps.

“Eunmi,” I called out to her softly.

She slightly lowered her head before muttering, “Yuta, let’s end this.”

I felt my breath hitch the moment those words came out of .

“End what?”  I asked even though I already understood what she meant.

I heard her sigh then she turned to me. “I know that you know what I mean. Please, let’s just end all of this.”

“I thought we promised to stay by each other’s side no matter what?” I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

She looked away, “Yuta, please.”

“No! I know I’m being selfish right now but I don’t care.” I tried blinking away the tears. “We were fine just a few weeks ago. Then you started becoming so distant. I don’t even know what I did wrong. I tried to recall each step I made for the past few weeks but I still can’t figure out what I did wrong.”

“Yuta, stop!”

Tears started rolling down my cheeks, “We can talk about it. I’ll listen to everything you’ll say. Just please tell me why you’re doing this. I want to know why. Don’t you love me anymore? Tell me. Please…” I pleaded.

She remained silent.

“Are you just going to end it like this after everything we’ve been through?” My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter