Prologue : Sungwun

보이스 2 : Tremor (트레모) -hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Kang Center, emergency!"

 

For no more than a second, my body still froze, hearing that. Even though I've trained myself over the years to adjust in my new life. It has been two years since I stopped hearing it on daily basis, and three years since I found my peace again after Appa left me alone in this world. And one year, since I met the owner of the voice calling me with that name, just now, the love of my life, though that might be because he's the only love I ever know other than Appa, since Omma left before I could even remember how she looked like. And I wouldn't consider his new wife my mum, anyway. It's nice though, to meet someone who finally makes you at ease everytime you see him, instead of worrying because your life is already filled with worrying almost every second, for every soul in danger. But I have no regrets, for it's a path I chose, to take up this responsibility to do what I can to make the world a better place, even if by just a little, even if just to one person. It's worth it. But it's still nice to have someone whose presence alone, allow you moments where you could take a long, deep breather from all the chaos coming from the ticking time, the endangered lives, the gunshots, the screaming, the begging, the threatening, the voices, the tremor vibrating against your skin all day and night long that it feels like you need to tear it off to find a little peace.

 

Those days were long gone though. Would you believe me if I say Sungwun has changed a lot? It's been awhile since I left that city with so many memories I'd rather forget. Although it's a fact that I could never really cut off connection when the most important person in my life resides there, and will continue to do so, forever. But when I transferred to Seoul headquarters, the crime rates have decreased by quite a lot, enough to make me feel contented to leave. Of course, in every city, crime never entirely sleeps, but it wasn't as gruesome as...say...then. Even though I've left the city, Hyunho occassionally keeps me updated, a good boy, he is. I've taught Eunsoo too, on how to focus on sounds she hear in the background whenever such attention to detail needed. Needless to say, I believe they're handling the situation well. There are many officers here, I'm just one of the lot, doing my small part to try decrease crimes, and increase hope, even by just a bit, it's worth putting everything on the line.

 

In fact, maybe now I've found more time for myself to even have something I never thought I would ever have time for - normal things like personal life, significant other. Everything happened naturally, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter