Chapter 3: It's hard to hide the beautiful truth

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds: The New World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling was magical. Raon and Yeong still can't believe that they are now married. After exchanging their vows, the two kissed each other on the lips to seal their promise of forever. Byung Hyun and Eunuch Jang congratulated them as they approached the two.

"Jeonha, I have prepared a very small banquet to celebrate your marriage. Let us all proceed to the Repentance hall since I have prepared it there." Yeong smiled at Byung Hyun. The four of them rode their horses, Raon with Yeong and Eunuch Jang with Byung Hyun, since Raon and himself didn't bring a horse going to the place.

------------------------------------

Upon reaching the hall, they noticed that there is a figure standing at the door of the repentance hall. The figure is quite familiar, and the first person to acknowledge it is no other than Raon.

"Dawri!" She exclaimed. She almost jumped out of the horse even though Yeong was securely holding her. She ran straight to Yoon Seong upon seeing him look at her.

"Raon!" He paid her back a smile. Yoon Seong was dead to the eyes of almost everyone, but at the night of his fight against his grandfather's men, Lee Yeong immediately sent some men to secure him and even the King himself went to make sure that he could have the first aid that he needed, and of course, to check whether Raon was safe that time, too. They hid this to the people in the palace due to Kim Yoon Seong's request. He wanted to end his grandfather's evilness, and his death might somehow make him feel guilty. That was what he wished for, and fortunately, his plan succeeded. He didn't want him dead, but if that's the only way, then he couldn't do anything.

"When were you back?" Raon searched for his eyes. The longing that she felt for her friend is very visible. She missed him so much to the point that she had become unaware of her surroundings and even forgot about her husband. Meanwhile, the husband that was left astonished by Yoon Seong's presence and his wife's actions went back to life. His astonishment faded abruptly like what was expected of him. He stepped down his horse and claimed what was rightfully his.

"Ehem, I guess you two have paid good greetings to each other already. Let me take what is mine from here." He then grabbed Raon's waist away from Yoon Seong. An act which made Raon frown and Yoon Seong laugh.

"It's nice to see you, too, Your Majesty." Although the King has been rude, Yoon Seong smiled a sincere one while saying.

"So, you went here straight? You've been far away from us for over a year, now you just come here and make a surprise appearance?" Although he is smirking, Lee Yeong obviously took out all his grudges away. He now treats Yoon Seong as his friend again. Well, the guy had proved himself anyway. If it's not for him, Raon would be dead now.

"Well, I hope my appearance doesn't offend anybody's feelings here. I saw there's a gathering set in here that's why I paid the place a visit. Am I interrupting something?" Yoon Seong innocently asked.

"You sure are." The thing about the King is that, he really can't make his mouth shut. Upon hearing his comment, Yoon Seong's eyes searched for Raon's. He's aware that he won't be getting any serious answers from the King, better yet cut the crap, and ask the most safe and secured one out of the bunch.

"Jeonha and I, got married today, Dawri." Not meeting his eyes, Raon answered his silent question.

That took him a back, but just for a while. Yoon Seong learned to let go of Raon. He knows that whatever it is that he is feeling cannot be reciprocated. He can see that the King and Raon are both madly in love with each other and Lee Yeong wouldn't do anything to hurt his Raon, their Raon. That alone, he's already satisfied. He'll give this two some peace of mind. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't love her anymore. He sure still does. And nothing could change that.

Before talking, Yoon Seong sensed how densed the atmosphere is. His feelings for Raon isn't a legend or a theory. Everybody knows about it. So to ease the tension, he quickly smiled from ear to ear. "I'm happy for you two. We all know that this will happen sooner or later. I was not just prepared that it will happen this soon. Nonetheless, I wish you two happiness." He took a break but eventually continued before anyone could in.

"I heard that the palace is preparing for your royal wedding and it is scheduled a month from now. Seems like the King turned out to be his impatient self again." He laughed at the thought. "Do not worry about me. I've come here not to ruin anything. I am back because I'd want to be one of the King's loyal people once again."

What Yoon Seong said somehow steadied Raon's impertinent heart. With everything that happened, she wants to wish Yoon Seong nothing but sincere happiness. But the happiness he once longed for from her, that she couldn't give back. Her heart only belongs to Lee Yeong. She's glad that she can feel that her friend has already overcomed the feelings that he has for her. Especially now that she has become a married person.

"So, now that we are all acquainted once again, let's go inside, and celebrate Raon and I's union!" The King then told them and led the way to go inside with Raon. The three other men followed.

-----------------------------------

"Mwoya? You married her in the Western culture way?" Unlike Byung Hyun and Eunuch Jang, Yoon Seong adapted so easily in treating Yeong and Raon as close friends. Before they started drinking to celebrate the marriage of the two, Yeong commanded them to drop the formalities, and enjoy the night as if all them are just friends. He doesn't want to celebrate the event while everybody is feeling guarded and treats him as if he is their boss. He also knows that Raon doesn't want to have an atmosphere like that.

At the beginning of the night, his head Eunuch and Byung Hyun are clearly holding back themselves and took little servings of alcohol compared to the three, but when the drink started to kick in, that's when the party begins.

"What's wrong with marrying her that way? It's not as if I will still look for other women to be with. I know the King is permitted to do that, but I don't permit myself to do so. Raon alone is enough." Yeong said before drinking his cup.

"But would that be fun, Jeonha? We are men here, if I were the King, I would really make use of that granted permission to collect all the girls I want to be with." Because of tipsiness, Yoon Seong's womanizing character  enters the scene. He's even laughing at his statement which made Yeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter