Chapter 2: Can our lives get any sweeter?

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds: The New World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Raon-ah..." Lee Yeong tossed and turned and tried to check using his arm if his love is still sleeping next to him. Fortunately, his hand has grabbed something soft next to him. He immediately opened his eyes and realized that it is his Raon's waist. Raon is just wearing a royal robe which is white in color. Since it is the summer season, she wore a robe which has no sleeves, boardering her shoulders, but can surely hide everything that needs to be hidden. She let her hair down so she could have it relaxed. Yeong and Raon both permitted themselves to sleep in one quarters every once in a while. Raon has her own quarters in the palace, too. They just sleep together sometimes, in times when they can't contain their feelings of not letting go of each other, and decide to spend the night in the King's den. Today is just one of them. After the announcement of their marriage yesterday in the whole palace, there has been a celebration that led them to drink some alcohol. Due to drunkness, the both of them decided to just slip out of the gathering, and head to the King's sleeping hall. There, they kissed each of their hearts out, until Raon reaches her limit and went to sleep even though Yeong was still kissing her.

Yeong looked at his bride so tenderly. He's looking at her gentle face features and he can't help but take out the strands of hair that cover her face. Because of the action, Raon's milky shoulders and upper chest area were exposed. Seeing her exposed skin, Yeong couldn't help but swallow his saliva. Wrong move, Lee Yeong. He thought. Shouldn't have done that. Now he's in the most critical situation.

As if on cue, Raon slowly opened her eyes. The action was no help to Lee Yeong's situation. He even felt hotter. However, her calmed smile changed all that he is feeling at the moment.

"Good morning my King! Have you slept well?" Raon's query brought him back to his senses.

"Marry me, Raon." Looking straight to her eyes, he suddenly bursted out. The sudden confession made Raon chuckle a little.

"Aigoo! Of course I will. It will happen in a month or so. You don't..." Yeong cut what she's about to say.

"No. Marry me today. Not next month or so. Not tomorrow. TODAY." Shock is evident in Raon's face. She can also see that Yeong is damn serious of what he just said. But knowing Lee Yeong's crazy personality, she really  needs to ask.

"What are you talking about, Jeonha?" Yeong's strong grip on her waist isn't helping the situation either. She could feel his trembling yet comfortable hands slightly massaging the crease on the hips.

"Why would I wait for another month? I'd want to marry you today, Raon-a. I just could not wait to make you my Queen." Yeong's emotional speech led to Raon's shedding of tears.

"Why are you doing this Yeong? Are you afraid that something might happen? Why the sudden decision, my King?" Still, Raon can't fathom the idea.

"My father's right. We are not getting any younger. Waking up a while ago made me realize that I have been wasting my time. I'd want to wake up every single day to see you next to me. I know that our love is unquestionable, but branding you as my wife will secure me. It will pacify my greed. I'd want to announce to the whole universe that I own you, nobody owns you, but me. In that way, I'd be sure that no one could snatch you away from me." Yeong also has tears in his eyes.

"I don't know what to say, Yeong. Of course I'd marry you whenever and what circumstances you'd want. I however, am bothered. The people around us have been planning on our wedding for next month. I don't want to waste all their efforts." Raon, being the kind and sweet Raon, still thinks about the feelings of everyone. She can't help it. She grew up doing nothing but to prioritize the feelings of everybody around her.

"We wouldn't be wasting their efforts. We will push through with that wedding if you want to."

"Then, what is this that you're saying that you want to marry me today?" With creased eyebrows, she asked.
 

"Raon-a, marriage is an act to officially bind the hearts of two people who love each other. There would be nobody else who would matter, aside from the two of us. I'd want to marry you in the Western culture way that has been thought to me by my mom. I'd want to share a solemn vow with you that only the two of us would hear. Marry me today with the blessing of the Almighty." With what he just said, Raon bursted out crying. And when she calmed down  she looked at him in the eyes and smiled the sweetest smile she could ever do in her life.

"Jeonha, let's get married today." With her positive answer, Yeong sealed their promise of forever with a sweet kiss.

------------------------------

Today is going to be a long day. Good thing they both woke up at 5am, and after the heartfelt agreement, they jumped out of bed to start their day's journey, since they do not have any plans (Yeong obviously just made that plan out of impulsiveness), there are a lot of things to be and should be done. The first thing they did was to head straight to the repentance hall. Both still in their sleeping robes, and Raon merely covering her exposed flesh, they went in to see if Byung Hyun is around. Out of anybody else, only Byung Hyun could help them in preparing this shotgun wedding. Aside from he's the most trusted person  the King and soon-to-be Queen could ever have, he has been skilled enough to act and react to this kind of sudden plans. Today isn't just his day, though.

"Mwo? Ani, I'm sorry. What I mean is, why have you planned on something like this without consulting the elders inside the palace, Your Majesty?" Confusion is evident on his face.

"Well, first, they won't allow us to do this. They would even condemn me for practicing western culture. But I can't help it. I want to submit my whole being to Raon. The wedding ritual that will happen a month from now is just a tradition of putting her on the throne. It isn't like a wedding where I would swear my loyalty to her. That is why I'd want to marry her with the presence and blessings of the being up above. And I don't want everybody else to know about this marriage." Looking somehow bored, Lee Yeong explained.

"Kim Hyung, please help us. You're the only person who could help us with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter