Chapter 1: Stepping into the new world.

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds: The New World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then, who am I?" Raon asks her King in the middle of the flower garden.

"You are the Raon, that fills up my entire world." Upon saying this, Yeong suddenly grabs Raon's head and sealed his promise with the most passionate kiss he could ever do in his entire life.

Their lovely moment was cut short when Eunuch Jang suddenly popped out of nowhere looking like he is about to explode. The two instinctively separated from the kiss and looked at him.

"Jeonha, Jeonha, oh sorry I forgot to cough. *coughs* Jeonha, I know you and my lady must hate me for ruining a moment like this, but you two really need to head back to the palace. The King father has requested for both of your presence, Jeonha." Without sparing some time to breathe, the loyal Eunuch waited for their answer.

'What is it that he wants now? Has he forgotten that I'm the King now?" Being his cocky and ill-tempered self still, Yeong demanded.

"Yah, Lee Yeong! Do you really want to keep up with an act like this?" Raon whispered-said to him which miraculously led the King to shut his occasionally filthy mouth up.

"Does he mean he wanted to see the both of us at this instant, Eunuch Jang?" Raon continued.

"Yeh, my lady." Eunuch Jang answered.

Raon grabs Yeong's hand and whispered in his ear. "Let's go and get this over with. Who knows, we might continue where we left of after talking to him, ne?" She teases her King and even winked after saying so.

Knowing that what she has said would shut her lover's mouth up, Raon grabbed him by the hand and led him to start walking.

She bulged when suddenly Yeong held her tightly that made them halt. "You're not winning today Raon-a. What you've said marked on my mind already. I'll be collecting all you payments later, and don't you dare escape from it." Yeong whispered back to her. An obvious grin is plastered on his face.

--------------------------------------

They arrived at the palace after Eunuch Jang's continuous tailing. Hand in hand, they entered the past King's quarters and there they discovered that he is with the Queen mother, Queen Seok Hui. Her Highness immediately took over right after Queen Kim was dethroned from her throne.

"Father, what is the reason that you called the both of us here in an unexpected time?" After giving their respects for the past King and Queen, the King asked and then paid a short glance at his restless Head Eunuch Jang for confirmation.

"I called you here together with Raon to update on your status. You're not getting any younger, my King." The former King said without any hint of hesitation. Confused, Raon looked at her King and silently questioned what the ex-King was talking about. Lee Yeong too, however, is unaware of what is happening.

"I'm sorry father, but I'm quite confused. What do you mean exactly?" The King asked and suddenly reached for his lover's hand to secure her just in case the situation goes out of control. The act made Raon jump a little but nonetheless, she held his hand tighter. The former King and Queen sensed the tension rising so they both smiled to ease it. The past Queen continued.

"Aigoo these two. We're not going to ruin anything that the both of you have now. So stop worrying about useless thoughts. After putting Joseon in this calm state, how could we just betray you and ruin the love that you have for each other? Besides, Raon-ie here has become the apple of the palace and our household." The Queen finished her speech smiling.

"And saying that she has become the apple of the household, why not make that official my King?" The King father suggested.

Raon and Yeong's eyes immediately bulged upon hearing the suggestion. Raon's hold on Yeong's hand became tighter.

'I'm sorry to in, but if I understand you correctly, you're suggesting that the two of us should get mar...married already?" Raon, being her purest self asked without waiting for Yeong to ask about it himself. Yeong looked at her shockingly while digesting the thought.


The past King and Queen chuckled as the King father continues. "You are right Raon-ie. The both of you are about to turn 21 this year. The perfect age to marry. And besides, I'm perfectly sure that you both are secured and sure of each other. Nothing more special than to make the woman you treasure the most as the rightful Queen of this nation. Am I right my King?"

Lee Yeong cannot find the right words to say. "Isn't it too early, Appa? I'm not saying that I'm not sure of my Raon, what I'm saying is, I just had a year in servicing and putting Joseon in this state. Is it really the perfect timing?"

"You already had a year, Yeong. It has been long overdued, in fact. This nation also needs its mother." The Queen mother assured him.

Breathing heavily and being disoriented because of the sudden news, Yeong unknowingly squeezed Raon's hand. "Only if Raon agrees to it. I'm very much willing to marry the woman who has been my entire world for quite some time now." Lee Yeong finished this looking lovingly at Raon.

Raon however couldn't contain the feeling that she's having. She got teary eyed as she gazes at his lover. She couldn't be any happier. She knows that both Yeong and herself agreed that they will take things slowly, and enjoy the freedom that they are experiencing now. But nothing beats the idea of having the person that the whole world means to you tied to you in law and in heart forever and ever.

Yeong has been agitated waiting for her response. He's quite nervous since Raon isn't saying anything, and minutes had already passed. Luckily, Raon smiled and answered, moving her eyes away from him and looked at the two elders. "I couldn't be any happier my King father and Queen mother."

Upon hearing her reply, Yeong couldn't take his feelings anymore and immediately carried his lover and spun her around. He even pecked his Raon's lips in front of everyone which made Eunuch Jang cough (a real one this time) so many times.

The realization hit Raon like a storm and eventually led her to break away from her King. Face flushed, she looked at everyone around the room and to her dismay, everybody was giggling including her soon-to-be parents-in-law. Even Yeong is chuckling himself, which earned him a glare from Raon.

"You two look so cute. I can't wait for the wedding to happen!" The Queen mother beamed in delight.

"I'm very sorry for the rude behavior, Mama. We were just so into the moment that we forgot that you are all here." Raon bowed while saying. She's so embarrassed.

"No need to worry, Raon-ie. We understand. Now, you can both go and continue what you were doing before we asked you to go here." The older King dismissed them and they immediately went outside.

----------------------------------

"Is this really happening?" Raon asked out of nowhere.

"Of course it is. Don't act as if we have not been together for over a year now. You clearly know this is going to happen if not sooner, then later." Yeong and she suddenly halted walking.

"I know at one point that this will happen. But not this soon!" Judging from her expression, Raon was really taken aback by what's happening to her now.

"Yah, Raon-a, quit the act. As if we haven't done the things that those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter