Lipstick

BB hiatus)

Lipstick

Letting out a long sigh, I leaned backwards, against the red brick street wall. Drowned out by music, I laid my eyes over a few of the kids over across the road as hushed sounds of hissing could be heard, despite having put on earphones. Watching the opposite red brick wall turn into yet another 'masterpiece' by the street kids wasn't all that distasteful. The kids were probably half my age. They paraded their thoughts out onto the blank empty red wall, untroubled by the fact that it was illegal (probably because nobody cares enough about this place to report them). The transparent smiles on their faces as they finished their 'art' were priceless. 

"She's late, what's new?" I mocked myself for having turned up early when I had already fully known how 'punctual' she would've been. I pulled out my phone as I mentally envisioned an incoming 'Sorry I'll be late' message.

Right about now... In 3... 2... 1..

Nayeon: (1:00): Sorry Mina I'll be late ;(((

I let out another sigh, a signifcantly shorter one this time. 

Mina: (1:01): Text me when you're about to reach.

Sliding my phone back into my back pocket, I entered into one of the cafés and settled down onto a window seat. Nayeon had begged me to come with her to do a 'little bit of shopping' the other day, explaining how she severely needed my advice. Being me, I wasn't able to come up with a plausible reason to reject her on the spot, which results in my presence here today. 

I de-synced myself from the bustling city, resting my head on top of the wooden table.


 

Her bunny teeth exposed, Nayeon smiled at me brightly, sheathed in a bright flowery skirt and a plain white top. Matching the pastel layout of the shop, Nayeon resembled a flower that stood out from the rest in its' little flower pot.

"How do I look?" She questioned as she started to pose excessively, bringing about an irked expression in my face. I started to worry about the scrutinizing glances from the other customers in the shop.

"You look fresh and young like this", I remarked off the top before hastily pulling a random dress from the clothes rack from the sides and shoving the embarrassment that was Im Nayeon back into the changing room.

"Wait Mina wha-" Nayeon attempted to fight back but eventually succumbed to her fate, taking the dress from me, wobbling back into one of the cubicles.

After constraining the rabbit back into the confined area, I settled back down onto the cushioned seats outside the changing room and started to sort out my thoughts. 

-

"You can't just do nothing," her voice played out in my head, and then my brain started to run through the entire conversation again "You have to do something!" She had her eyes fixed on me, her hands gripping onto both sides of my arms.

"B-but.. I don't know what to do.." I heard my voice reply black in a fluster as I wormed out of her brace.

"If you don't do anything, there won't be any progress AT ALL!" Momo emphasised near the end, before throwing out a few suggestions, "I don't know, maybe a bingsu date? A movie? Anything works with Sana really,"

"But even then, how do I go about telling her about it? I can't possibly walk up to her saying, 'Oh hey Sana, I love your eyes and I want to go on a date with you' can I?" I responded with a tone way more heated then I had meant it to be. Momo seemed to be taken aback by my sudden frustration, her eyes started to quiver.

"Y-you could just simply ask if she would like to have dinner, that's all.." her voice grew mellow.

"..." I didn't respond. My mind was blank with empty thoughts, I haven't thought that far into progressing into a relationship with Sana yet, neither have I considered the reason why Momo's helping me this much.

"Listen Mina, if you don't do anything, I can't help you at all", the brunette wound up the conversation hurt, grabbing her bag, running up to the board the untimely bus which had broken our conversation.

She's.. helping me?

"W-wait Momo" I called out but to no avail.

-

 

"Jjan jjan jjan!" Nayeon broadcasted her happening as she walked out of her changing room in a different outfit, snapping me back into reality. She then did a complete 360 spin before querying, "How do I look?"

"Woah..." my mouth agape with incredulity. Standing in front of me, wasn't your typical dumb-looking klutzy Im Nabongs. With just a change of outfits, the aura she had eluded was that of a completely different person. Im Nayeon was a woman, one that was beautiful, alluring and classy altogether.

Donned with a lacy black dress, Im Nayeon definitely wasn't playing games no more. She looked classy, fearless and bloodthirsty, as if she was the third mistress of a rich white man whom she had been plotting to kill and take over all of his assets. Her red pulpy lips further augmented my characterization. She was the Scarlett Johanson of Korea. It didn't take long for me to lose myself, entranced by her beauty. 

"Mina?" Nayeon snapped her fingers in front of me. "How do I look?"

"You look reaallly beautiful," I said assuredly, as I held my hand up and gestured a huge thumbs up. "This is probably the best you've ever looked since you were born," I continued teasingly.

Her eyes widened, "Really? I think the previous flower skirt looks be-"

"mmhmm," I shook my head violently. "You look alot nicer like this, trust me on this one Nayeon." 

"If you say so," Nayeon flashed her squirtle smile and started checking herself out all over at the full-length mirror. Shortly after,  I realised that we weren't the only two checking Nayeon's hot-as- body out. The same few customers who had looked over earlier glanced over again, but this time in awe. They probably haven't seen such a beautifully dressed woman in their whole entire lives as well.

I chuckled at the sight of the patrons' jaws dropping as I turned my head and took another good look at Nayeon. Conceding a motherly smile, I muttered to myself.

You look really beautiful.


 

"Thanks for hanging out with me today, Minari~" Nayeon exalted as she stuffed another spicy rice cake into .

"It's fine, I had nothing to do at home anyways", I replied, nibbling away before popping a question I've been meaning to ask since the start of the day. "What's with the special occassion anyways, why do you suddenly need a dress?"

"Oh, er..." The older lady who was discombobulated by the question started playing with her food. 

"Er..."

"It's okay if you don't feel like saying it. I was just curious that was all," I loosened up the obviously tighter atmosphere resulting from Nayeon's uneasiness in answering that question.

"It's fine, I was just contemplating a better way to put it." The shaky expression from Nayeon's face had disappeared and what had surfaced was a bright smile, one that I was used to. 

"Actually... Jeongyeon asked me out for a date," Nayeon confided as her head started to sag downwards.

I stared at Nayeon with the very same expression I had when I had found out that most lipstick contain fish scales. I laid down my chopsticks onto the table as i sought an explanation from Nayeon.

"Don't look at me like that," Nayeon brought her head up to meet my eyes as she started to speak.

"So... a year ago I gave that twerp a little rabbit doll as a mark of our friendship. And just last week, she texted me saying she couldn't find the doll. Can you ing believe it? That actually LOST our friendship doll!" Nayeon started off slowly but ended up getting a little bit too agitated.

"And where does that lead us to her asking you out on a date?" I probed Nayeon to go further into detail.

"So basically, I think she felt guilty for that and so she asked me out for dinner."  Nayeon started to blush, until she started screaming again, "Here's the ridiculous part, guess when we'll be meeting for dinner?! TWO ING MONTHS LATER!"

"Wait what why?" I asked back almost instantly. There had to be a reason why Jeongyeon, one of our clique's most logical and sane (not really) individuals would ask Nayeon out on a date two months prior.

"I-i don't know..." Nayeon was as mystified as I was, "She just said she had to prepare something beforehand, I didn't think too much about it."

"Anyways, this is a secret between us. So please, please, please don't tell any of the others, I beg of you Mina!!" Nayeon pleaded as her rollercoaster of expressions took another turn, revealing a jittery Nayeon. 

I shot a lucrative smirk at Nayeon before taking a bite off a spicy rice cake without answering her. Nayeon's pertubed expression grew wild as she started screaming at me, deriving a chain of laughters from me as I continued to stay silent while holding my smirk there to piss her off. Nayeon eventually grew tired of getting an affirmation from me but deep down, she had already known I wasn't one to leak secrets.

The day ended off with us continuing our shopping at the various departmental stores, although Nayeon had bought most of the things, I had merely provided her with meager fashion advice.

"Once again, thanks for coming out with me today!" Nayeon thanked me again as she revealed her brightest smile of the day.

Both her hands filled with shopping bags, she extended one hand out and signalled me towards one of the bags. "Here's a little something for you!" 

I took a peek inside the bag's content and my eyes landed on a striped shoulderless top. 

How did she know

"You kinda froze infront of this shirt earlier and had this whole 'Mesmerized Mina' moment for an entire minute so I figured you liked the shirt. I guessed the sizing so you'll have to try it on to see if it fits." Nayeon asserted as she unfolded my fingers and hung the shopping bag over my hand.

"W-wait you don't have to do this", I uttered as my mind frantically frisked through my memories in an attempt to recall the shirt's pricing. My hands reached for my purse in a struggle to pull out a $50 note only to be stopped by the older lady's hand.

"It's fine Mina, really. Just accept this little gift of mine as my way of thanking you for being an amazing friend," Nayeon nodded her head as she slid my purse back into my bag. "If you really feel uneasy about accepting this, you can treat me to a meal next time," she then proposed.

"But that's not the same..." I tried to argue, but only to be greeted with Nayeon's tucked lips and her shaking of head. I let out a little sigh.

"Thanks Nayeon." 


 

"I really really really hate this class," Sana whined as the nine of us approximated our law classroom.

"Don't worry Sana-ya," Jeongyeon reassured the Japanese klutz as she grinned towards Momo and my direction.

Today's the day we took our plan to action. Today's the day we got our revenge on Mr Paul, the crooked of a teacher. Today's the day we liberate Sana from her misery.

"Are you sure it's going to be okay?" I whispered to Momo as we settled down onto our usual seats.

"Most probably, Jeongyeon has most of it covered, and if anything backfires, Jihyo has agreed to plead her mom to plea for us." The older brunette bolstered my concerns.

I sneak a glance over at Sana, who was sitting right in front of the classroom. Mr Paul had arranged for her to sit right in front of the class under the pretense that sitting infront helps her to concentrate in class better. 

Sana's fingers fidgeted just as the only thing that made her tremble in this school entered the classroom. Suitted up in a striped blue XXL formal shirt adorned with a superfluous suspenders, Mr Paul made his way to the teacher's desk carrying with him his usual baggage - a transparent water bottle, a laptop and 2 law books. 

"Alright class settle down let's get started", the old man coughed as he started setting up his laptop. 

"Have you all done your homework over the weekends?" He inquired, to no response.

Snickering, he made his way towards Sana's table while he waited for his laptop to load up. "How about you Minatozaki-chan? Have you done your work?" 

My blood started to boil as I started to imagine myself clawing his entire face inside out. I wasn't the only one who was felt that way.

"Yes..." Sana answered in her most apathetic voice. 

"Good, because you're going to be presenting the answers for today's lesson." Mr Paul applauded Sana as he made his way back to his corner. 

"But Mr Paul, Sana already presented last week, and the week before that as well, don't you think we should let someone else present?" Chaeyoung voiced out her thoughts as a bundle of agreements rose up as well. The whole class was in for Chaeyoung's suggestion.

"Yeah, I did my homework too, why don't you let me present instead?" Dahyun hollered out, followed by Nayeon, and then a few others.

"No, no, no, I'm sure Sana's more than eager to present for this week's lesson. We'll let our Sana-chan present if she so wants to." The crook repudiated Dahyun and Chaeyoung's statements.

*bang*

Momo slammed the table, shocking the rest of us around her. "Don't you think you're being too much? Just how long do you intend to keep up with this nonsensical bull?"

Jeongyeon tugged Momo's shirt before she had managed to carry on. Mr Paul, obviously aggravated by Momo's sudden outburst, started taking his steps towards Momo.

Curving his lips to form an irritable smile, he taunted Momo, "Nonsensical bull? What do you mean by that? I'm sure our Sana-chan wants to present of her own accord as well."

Momo bit her lips and was ready to lash out at him. I clenched my fists hoping Momo would retreat and not blow up this conversation before we had begun our plan.

"Momo, it's not worth it", Jeongyeon, who had barely managed to keep Momo from ravaging Mr Paul stood up to break up the tension between the two. "What Momo had meant was that she felt it was unfair that you had only wanted Sana to present her answers, and that she had wanted to present her answers as well."

"That had better be the case," Mr Paul said in a menancing manner with his eyes still haunting Momo as he slowly motioned backwards towards his laptop.

"What the were you thinking of doing?" Jeongyeon catapulted herself back down onto her seat, pulling Momo down with her. "Just wait a while more and we'll have our revenge, Jesus be patient will you?" Jeongyeon grumbled at a resentful Hirai Momo.

The brunette sat down grudgingly, her eyes still seething with anger. It wasn't easy to piss Momo off, or at least, I haven't seen this girl get angry for the longest period of time aside from that one time a random prick in school tripped over her and spilt her lunch. Her chest expanding and contracting irregularly with each and every heavier breath she took.

My body reacted before my brain could issue out any commands. I laid my hands over hers, relinquishing my strength and energy onto Momo.

"It'll be fine", I instinctively mouthed out to the brunette. As her huffing and puffing receded, Momo's eyes met with mine. 

I nodded and embraced my fellow Japanese with a smile

It'll be fine.


 

"In the case law of Victoria Laundry Ltd versus Newman Industries, it was held that normal profits were recoverable in damages as they were presumed to know such losses would occur," Sana presented her answer reluctantly. Having Sana do all of his teaching, Mr Paul sat down comfortably on his teacher's chair.

"That old pig is really the worst. He does literally nothing for us and makes us do all his stupid work." Nayeon complaint to Jihyo, earning a nod from the latter.

"When's it happening?" Momo whispered softly, yet urgently, pressuring the shorter haired girl beside her.

"I don't know... wait a second", Jeongyeon replied as she pulled out and checked her phone. "Oh! She's right outside now", Jeongyeon excitedly mentioned, her eyes deviating from her phone to the front door of the classroom.

*knock knock*

A series of knocks on the door could be heard, and seconds later, a pretty looking girl opened the door.

Wait isn't that..

"Sorry for intruding, but is Mr Paul here?" The girl asked shyly as her eyes came into contact with that of Jeongyeon's.

That's... the president of the student council!

Gong Seungyeon, the president of the student council. Her grades have never gone below a perfect hundred before. Her beauty is unrivalled throughout the entire school. An exemplary student, adored by many, and held in great esteem by many of the teachers, even those who haven't taught her likes her bright and helpful personality. You must be living under a rock to not know of her existence.

"Who's that?" Momo asked innocently.

"Oh! Seungyeon, what are you doing here?" Mr Paul shot right up from his seat. Wiping his sweaty palms on his khaki trousers, he wobbled his way in front of Gong Seungyeon

A corner of Jeongyeon's lips curved upwards. "Thats my trump card", she disclosed.

The student council prez and Mr Paul then had a minute long conversation, and after that, Mr Paul turned around and announced his depature from the class for a few minutes to attend to a little matter.

"I'll be borrowing your teacher for a bit if you guys don't mind!" Seungyeon announced to the class brightly with a smile. Before pulling Mr Paul out of the classroom with her, her eyes made contact with that of Jeongyeon's again and this time round, she winked.

"Wait... I'm confused.." Momo alleged, scratching her head. Turning her head over to Jeongyeon, whom now had a confident smile on her face, the brunette asked, "Is this all according to your plan?" 

"It sure is," Jeongyeon smirked as she pulled out a plastic bottle and a small spoon from within her bag.

The class was thrown into turmoil the moment Mr Paul had left the classroom. Jeongyeon stood in front of the entire class.

"Okay, EVERY single one of you here in this classroom, close your eyes." Jeongyeon decreed, but of course, none of us listened to her. Scanning the classroom for closed eyes, Jeongyeon then insisted, "Fine, be that way, but all of you asshats better keep your mouths shut."

After concluding her sentence, Jeongyeon then proceeded with 'our' plan. Uncapping the bottle of what seemed to be laxatives, Jeongyeon reached for Mr Paul's water bottle. She then started pouring spoonfuls of laxative powder into the water bottle. She made sure not to spill any of the powder outside of the bottle.

Momo, standing guard outside of the classroom, made sure there wasn't any teachers around in the vicinity and also made sure Mr Paul wasn't on his way back yet.

Before she could add her fifth spoonful of laxative powder into the water bottle, a hand stretched out and grabbed Jeongyeon's wrist. The sudden quavering of her hand made Jeongyeon spill a little bit of powder onto the table.

"Sana what the ?" Jeongyeon blurted out. 

"You're going to kill him like this," Sana pointed out. 

"Who the cares, that deserves to die anyway," The shorter haired girl ran off as her hands hurried to clean up the spilt powder on the table. Sana's grip on Jeongyeon loosened. 

"Jeongyeon, I think that's enough too." I spoke up from my seat. Even though I was part of this plan, I was never told that Jeongyeon was going to spike Mr Paul's drink, I doubt Momo knew what Jeongyeon had planned for either.

"You don't understand this Mina, if we go light on him for this once, he'll definitely make things worse for Sana. Can you all stand to see that continuing to do all these to Sana?" Her words struck Sana and the blonde's eyes turned murky.

Jeongyeon's words stung. I felt a pang in my heart. Jeongyeon was right, Mr Paul definitely didn't deserve mercy of any sort. Have I already forgotten how much embarrassment and irritation that jerk has caused Sana? I sat right back down, speechless as another individual took my place.

"Sana and Mina are right, Jeongyeon that's enough, for now at least. Besides, that amount of laxatives will be able to knock him out for an entire week at least. You don't have to risk killing him, it's not worth it." Jihyo calmy and logically worded out, striking some sense into Jeongyeon.

"Code Red! Code Red! I repeat, Code Red!" Momo popped her head out from the door and recited the code word Jeongyeon had given her if she were to see Mr Paul returning back to the class.

"Oh shi-" Jeongyeon started packing up her things on the table and hastily legged back to her seat after making sure there were no traces of laxative powder on the table or anywhere near Mr Paul's water bottle.

In matters of seconds, Jeongyeon had made her way back to her sit, pretending as if nothing had happened. Mr Paul strolled into the class moments later, tagged behind by a shrimpy looking Hirai Momo. 

Momo beelined her way back to her seat and she anxiously looked at Jeongyeon, as if she was awaiting an affirmation from the latter. The brunette wasn't in the classroom when the bulk of the plan had taken place. She was greeted with a nod.


 

Mr Paul ended up drinking his entire bottle of 'plain water', and what happened tens of minutes afterwards were of course anticipated. Circuiting back and forth to the toilet and fro the classroom, Mr Paul wasn't having the best day of his life.

"Looks like someone's having a real 'ty' day, isn't that right Sana-chan?" Jeongyeon taunted Mr Paul as he made his way back into the class, clasping his stomach as he slowly staggered his way back to his seat. 

That lesson, Sana had continued presenting her answers. But instead of presenting them in a hesitant and unenthusiastic mood, Sana as chuckling and smiling throughout her entire presentation. Sana smiled in the law class. 

On top of that, Momo and I were tasked with asking nonsensical questions to delay Mr Paul's toilet runs. It was a hilarious sight for the both of us and also for the rest of the students in the class who had full knowledge of what was going on inside of the teacher's digestive system.

"Mr Paul, how did the dinosaurs go extinct? Was it because they didn't follow the prehistoric laws?" and also "Does law help to keep citizens from starving?" were the questions that Momo had bombarded Mr Paul with, using her usual dumb voice. Because Momo is known to ask stupid and irrelevant questions in class, Mr Paul didn't suspect a single thing when she had approached him to ask him all sorts of weird questions. On the other hand, I asked multiple long-winded questions that were related to our class despite already knowing the answers myself.

"Holy you guys are insane!" Chaeyoung hollered out during dinner later that night.

"Y'all should've let us in on this!" Dahyun yelled, rambling on about how she would've taken her chances to make sure the washrooms are stripped clean of toilet papers so Mr Paul would've been stuck in the washroom forever.

"Thanks guys..." Sana thanked us bashfully.

"Sorry to ruin the atmosphere but, wouldn't Mr Paul just get even more angry after this?" Tzuyu innocently brought up.

We didn't think through things entirely, we weren't sure if what we did was right. It probably wasn't. Nevermind Sana, what we had done could have ruined our lives fully. Giving a person laxatives without their consent could be treated as an assault, and in serious cases, we would've landed ourselves in jail. Having studied law for half a year now, we were fully aware of the consequences if we were found to have drugged Mr Paul with laxatives.

Tzuyu was right, we probably should've done something that was much more condoning, something that wasn't that serious. But 'something that wasn't serious' wasn't what we were looking for. We wanted Mr Paul to pay for whatever he has done to Sana throughout the past few months. That crook had robbed Sana of her smiles for every single one of his lessons, it didn't matter how serious of a crime we have committed. What mattered, was that we had managed to reclaim Sana's smile.

"D-do you think he'll figure out we did it?" Jeongyeon, who seemed to only have realized the severity of her actions asked worriedly.

"Probably... It wouldn't make sense to him that he suddenly has to go to a bajillion times out of nowhere after taking our class would it?" I pointed out gloomily. Sana looked over in my direction. Her eyes were full of worry and apprehension. 

"I'm shaking with both excitement and fear right now..." Jeongyeon confessed, her body trembling. "It probably wasn't the best of ideas coming from me, but it was definitely worth it."

"If things really blow up, I'll make sure to ask my mom to put in a few words for you all," Jihyo reassured the three of us, before pulling a smirk, "Besides, you've already made the rest of the class culprits as well."

"W-WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT" Dahyun ed from her seat upon hearing Jihyo's words.

"Keeping silent and not telling Mr Paul his drink was spiked despite knowing there were laxatives in it. We're all accomplices of this crime," Chaeyoung explained. 

"oH MY GOD WHAT HAVE MY GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!" Dahyun slapped both her palms onto her face.

"Wait a minute Yoo Jeongyeon,  I have a bigger question at hand." Nayeon declared, arising a 'WHAT COULD BE A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN US GOING TO JAIL' from Dahyun.

"How do you, of all people get to know Gong Seungyeon, the student council prez, aka the school's most valued student," Nayeon divulged.

"Yeah, she even winked at you earlier. oH MY GOD ARE YOU TWO DATI-" Chaeyoung attempted to blurt out before Jeongyeon karate chopped her in the neck.

"It's not anything like that you stupid." Jeongyeon disclosed. "The truth is, Seungyeon's actually my older sister."

"yoUR WHAT?" Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun simultaneously shouted together. The rest of us had our eyes widened upon hearing Jeongyeon's words. But something didn't seem to tally.

"That doesn't make sense, you're a Yoo, and she's a Gong, how is she your sister?" Jihyo asked the question that was floating in all of our minds.

Jeongyeon chortled, and then explained, "Her full name is actually Yoo Seungyeon. Gong Seungyeon's just her nickname, or so I've heard. About two years ago a random dude confessed to my sis and called her a princess (Gong-ju), and ever since then, her class gave her that nickname and it somehow spreaded like crazy and now she's known throughout the school by that instead of her actual real name."

Hearing her explanation, all of our mouths synchronously formed an 'o' shape. 

"Wait that cute chick who entered our class was the student council president?!" Momo uttered right after the rest of us have recovered ourselves from the fact that our friend here was the student council president's sister.

"Jesus Momo did you just realise that now?" Chaeyoung took a jab at Momo's slowness.

Laughing loudly and noticeably, Sana raised her hand and admitted that she didn't know who Seungyeon was as well. Tzuyu too, also meekly rose her hand and mouthed a 'me too'.

"Jesus the foreigners are hopeless. How about you Mina, did you know who Seungyeon was before today?" Nayeon inquisited, bringing about everyone's attention to me. Jihyo, who looked at me with reverence and anticipation, awaited my response.

"Y-yeah, she graduated from my high school and she was pretty popular there too." I leaked.

"Wow we've really found out something incredible today. Our president of kingdom here, is actually the student council prez's sister holy ." Nayeon mocked, and then two started their usual banter and arguing again.

Watching the two of them squabble brought smiles onto our faces. Our long and tiring day had finally been over.


 

Sana: (10:43): Hey Mina~

Mina: (10:43): ?

Sana: (10:44): Just wanted to say, I'm really thankful for what you and the rest did for me today.

Mina: (10:45): ... Oh that. It's fine.

Mina: (10:46): That's what friends do for one another right? :)

Sana: (10:47): Well, they don't recklessly do stuff that possibly gets them into jail :)

Mina: (10:47): That's... partly true. But I didn't do much really, it's mostly Jeongyeon and Momo.

Sana: (10:47): Here we go again, the humble queen Myoui Mina really doesn't take credit for the work she has done does she?

Sana: (10:47): Momo has already told me what you've done for me. I'm really really really thankful Minari~

Mina: (10:48): Momo did?

What did I do even? It was all Jeongyeon's plan really.

Sana: (10:48): Yeah, she said you were the one who gathered the trio to plan for the entire thing

But... Momo's the one to initiate it.. I didn't do anything.

Sana: (10:48): And that you told her not to tell me about it.

Really now, I have no idea where this is going

Sana: (10:48): All in all, she told me you were the mastermind behind all of these. Thank you Minariii, you're really my bestest of friends <3

Just what are you doing Hirai Momo...

Mina: (10:50): <3

Just what am I doing...

 


[ BONUS ]

A Pink House

 

"Okay, this is ridiculous. I have NEVER seen a house pinkier than this before," I declared as I stepped into the her pinkish wonderland.

"Make yourself at home, I'm going to go shower and change, I really stink," the brunette tossed her haversack bag on top of the sofa and ran straight into her bedroom to grab a pink set of clothing before making her way to the toilet.

I tiptoed cautiously around the living room and eventually settled down on top of one of the two only furniture that was inside the living room. 

She wasn't kidding when she said she literally only has a sofa and a dining table in her living room.

It was a Wednesday afternoon and classes end early on this day of the week. Earlier that week, I had promised Momo I would help her out in guiding her to understanding the tax concepts and also the various accounting entries that she didn't understand. In short, I had agreed to help Momo out with her studies. We had originally planned to study together in the library today but coincidentally, the school library's closed today and thus the older of us two had suggested coming over to her house instead.

I glanced around the living room. The walls were painted pink. The painting work looked as if they were done by an amateur. 

"Tadah, how do I look in this pink onesie?" Momo popped out of the kitchen in a pink bunny onesie, her hair still wet. Earlier that month, Nayeon had bought animal onesies for all of us. I was given a blue penguin onesie, Jeongyeon a green lizard onesie and the others were given onesies of different animals and colors as well.

"You look... ugly," I irritated the brunette, and was replied with a pout, a cute one at that.

"You haven't eaten yet right? Do you mind instant noodles? Or is peasant food not high class enough for someone of your calibre?" Momo teased.

*growls*

My stomach growled noisily. My hands raced towards my stomach to try and cover up the growling noise my insides were making but it was too late. 

"What the was that? Did your stomach just growl?" Momo laughed her off after her unneeded comment. My face grew hot red.

"That's strange, your stomach rumbles just like mine." Momo remarked. "I thought the sound your stomach would make would turn out to be some sort of classical music piece lmao," she teased.

"S-shut up you..."

"Welps, at least your stomach answered my question for you. Well eitherways, I only have instant noodles here, so you'll have to make do with it regardless", Momo alleged as she made her way back into the kitchen.

"You should quit eating instant noodles, it's unhealthy!" I shouted off into the direction of the kitchen, but there wasn't any response.


Gouging out the last bits of scrambled egg topped with ketchup on my plate, I complimented the chef.sitting across the table, "Okay, this is actually delicious."

"I told you so. Cooking and eating are probably the only two good thing I'm good at," the brunette cheekily replied.

"Yeah, that much I've figured," I teased.


 

"I don't get it!" The brunette made known, puzzled.

"Neither do I, it's just taking this amount and then multiplying it by that amount. Where's the difficult part in that?" I pointed at two different values on the sheets of paper that were laid out in front of Momo and I.

"Arghhh I guess I'm just really stupid" Momo swiped a stack of papers off onto the floor and collapsed face flat on the table.

"That's probably the case", I concurred.

"Hey that was uncalled for!" 

"You called yourself stupid, I merely complied with your statement."

"I'm allowed to say it because I'm describing myself, you're not allowed to call me stupid"

"Why not?" I challenged.

"Because... because.. " she struggled to come up with a logical fighting point. "Because you're not me! Yes, that's right, you can't call me stupid because you're not me!"

Laughing at the ridiculity of her statement, I ceased the senseless arguement we were having. I then suggested for us to take a little break before continuing the study session. We had been going at it for about an hour now and Momo's brain was if not empty, probably fried. Technically speaking, Momo wasn't stupid, not at all. She was able to figure out how to solve the various problems that were presented to her pretty easily. Her flaw only comes in when she has to be precise and accurate. All in all, she's just really clumsy and careless.

"I don't see how one can study for more than an hour without dying," Momo theorized.

I smiled a little, before clashing my opinion straight into her theory, "I don't see how one CANNOT study for more than an hour without dying."

"Listen princess, you're a different case. You probably got dropped on your head while you were a child or something. There's no way a normal person would be able to study for such a long period of time."

"Believe it or not, I'm a normal human being, just like you. Although I may have visuals far exceeding the human body, and also brains outpacing the average homosapien, I, Myoui Mina, am 100% human."

"And yet you still can't figure out what's going on around you..." I heard the brunette murmur.

"Sorry what?" 

She flashed a smile before picking up the fallen pieces of paper off the floor.

"Let's continue this torture, shall we?" She braced herself with a forced smile, picking up her pen. 

"Y-yeah, let's continue." I stuttered, distracted by her words from earlier.

 


[ Author's Note ]

Sorry for the delayed update. I was busy with school work mostly. I'll try my hardest to update but I can't be sure when the next update will come. I do promise, however, that I will not give up on this story. Also, I kinda regret writing this in a first person's POV lmao half the time I'm writing this I honestly feel I would do so much better if I had written things from a third person's POV. What's done is done, I will continue to write from the character's POV and I hope you guys enjoy the story.

Thank you for all the encouraging comments so far :) You guys are honestly the best people this world has to offer.

A little bit of a spoiler(?): I'm only planning to write Sana and Jeongyeon's chapters after I'm done with the whole of MiMo's chapters. And as you all would expect, I will kinda talk about 2Yeon in Jeongyeon's chapter and probably talk about how Sana truly feels towards Mina and the others in her chapter. 

[Update 6/13/2017]

I'm planning to rewrite burning bridges from scratch before continuing on because there're a few structural flaws in my story so far and I have to fix it before I move on with the story. The next update will take quite some time I apologise in advance :(