Sapphire

BB hiatus)

Sapphire

I creaked open the classroom door. I was early. 

"Momo you're back!" Jihyo called out with her loud and clear voice, brandishing her angelic smile. Her smile was one that was so bright, that it would instinctively make you smile as well. I smiled back at Jihyo.

I scanned the entire classroom, and there were few people. Not half the class cared enough about Economics to come to class 20 minutes before. 

"Ayeee our platinum baby is back on the battlefield!" Jeongyeon hollered as I paraded towards the seat beside her. "AYEEEE," I hollered back at Jeongyeon with a smirk,  clapped our hands together and flopped onto the wooden four-legged chair. "God I miss this ugly looking, uncomfortable sitting, and noise-squeaking chair," I groaned as I shook the chair violently, stirring up a bunch of squeaking noises.

"MOMO-RINGGG!! I MISSED YOU " Dahyun whined as she approached me for a hug. I welcomed Dahyun into my arms and squished her tofu cheeks, "DAHYUNNIEE I'VE MISSED YOU TOO!" I whined back in an equally loud and obnoxious voice. Chaeyoung, who was sitting behind Dahyun, gestured a wave accompanied with her emblematic dimples.

Mina was in the classroom as well. She had always been early to classes. She was the model student, with insane grades, attendance and everything. She was perfect. 

Her small body shielded by yet another small figure. I hadn't noticed Mina was in the class until Chaeyoung had moved infront to ask Jihyo a few questions. I shot Mina a smile and she stared back, blankly at me. She had put on an expression of both confusion and worry.

"Are you... okay?" Mina approached cautiously,

"Fine enough to continue helping Miss Black Swan and Miss Bumblebee get closer together I guess," I smirked as I drew out my laptop from my bag.

With that one tease, Mina's pertubed and concerned face changed to that of an irked expression. She hit me facetiouslly on the shoulder and drew the conclusion, "You're fine afterall. Tsk, I got worried over for nothing."

"So how're you and Miss Lemonade? Did anything wild happen while I was gone from school?" I asked casually while I opened up my laptop, earning myself yet another smack on the shoulder. 

"Okay okay, let me rephrase that question," I calmed down the raging swan who seemed like she was about to bulldoze me if I hadn't stopped my teasings. "Where's Sana?" I positioned myself and prepared myself for yet another hit.

This time round, the question didn't seem to tick Mina off. She whipped out her phone and rebutted, "I have no clue, she was still on the bus 10 minutes ago and then she blueticked me after I told her to get the rest of us coffee before coming to class." 

"Blueticking others is indeed a Sana thing to do," I feedbacked, Sana had often left my messages on read, God knows why? 

"Yeah I've found that out since last term. She blueticks me every night before going to bed." Mina disclosed, her face revealing a peeved expression as she went back to her seat. 

I stared blankly at my computer screen.

She blueticks me every night before going to bed...  

every night before going to bed...

every night

I felt a stinging pain in my heart as her words registered into my brain, and replayed over and over again. Oh... so they do talk every night huh... 

Sana was a night owl, she had never went to sleep before 2. She would be busy staying up all night playing League, or she would be busy watching mainstream animes up the entire night. I knew that because I had used to stay up together with Sana, playing League while we talk on Skype, but lately I haven't been doing so, so she had mostly been doing the latter, or so I heard. Interpreting Mina's words a little further then I probably should have, I had wounded up at a conclusion, that Mina and Sana talked every night until late at 2, till Sana falls asleep.


 

"Momo?" a honey-like voice hushed out from the side. I remained dazed, my mind adrift, I had still been thinking about what late night conversations Mina and Sana could possibly hold.

"Hirai Momo?!" the owner of that sweet and beautiful voice repeated herself in a louder voice, shaking me back into reality.

"HAI!" I stood up with my right hand raised. 

"Jesus Momo what the was that for?" Jeongyeon turn arouned and hollered as I looked around the class. Everyone stared at me blankly, in confusion, as I slowly begun to understand the situation I was in. Mrs Won (our Economics teacher) was standing right beside me. I could hear Chaeyoung and Dahyun faintly giggling from the sides.

We were in the middle of a 10% class test, and I had been building castles in the air halfway through the test. Mrs Won approached me because she had observed I wasn't writing anything down, and asked me if anything was wrong. 

"No, it's fine..." I assured Mrs Won as I sat back down, my face flushed like a tomatom, throwing my mind in a bigger turmoil than it already was. Chaeyoung was still giggling.


 

Economics Class ended and I had most definitely flunked the test. I had no idea whatever the the questions were asking. Who the heck has time to care for why the demand of condoms dropped​ in Iceland when we're all over here worrying over the very next few seconds of our lives.

We all packed our bags and got ready to leave for lunch.

"So? Why have you been cooped up at home for the past few couple of days?" A familiar voice sounded out to me.. It was Sana.

"Oh, er.. I had a fever and yeah, I stayed home to recover from it... I guess?" I answered dubiously, slowly putting my laptop into my bag.

Sana forced her hand onto my forehead and checked, "You don't seem all that fever-ish to me."

"It subsided," I said in a much more confident and a stricter tone. I fabricated a lie to cover up my initial lie. I never did grow a fever during the few days I was out from school and obviously no such 'fever' subsided.

"Momo you should know better than to lie to your best friend," Sana shook her head and stared at me menacingly. Despite that, she looked concerned, she was worried about me. "And also, what happened during the class test? What's up with you daydreaming in the middle of a 10% test?"

I scratched my forehead and gritted my teeth, there's no way out of this one now is there?

"Listen I-" I tried to change the topic but was cut abrupt by Jeongyeon, "People daydream, Sana. And your best friend over here," the short haired girl patted my shoulder, "Hirai Momo, daydreams 150% more than the normal human does. You, of all people should know that."

"And yes Momo did have a fever, I went over to her house the other day and she was burning hot with a fever. I thought I had told y'all that the following day?" Jeongyeon continued, reinforcing my fabricated lie. Jeongyeon was a much better liar than me.

I nodded my head intensely. However, Sana still had her eyes glued on me. She didn't buy into whatever Jeongyeon was saying, but she didn't push the matter.

"Oh... I guess I just worried too much then," Sana shimmered a smile to Jeongyeon, then looked at me with worrying eyes, gave up and walked away shortly after. I felt guilty for lying to Sana, of all people, but I couldn't possibly have told her the truth. I couldn't possibly have confessed to her, that my crush had a crush on her, and that I was their wingman and it hurts as over here.

"Thanks Jeongyeon," I murmurred, "you're really a life-saver, you know that?"

Jeongyeon brought up a cocky smile and patted my head, "You owe me a drink for this."


 

"Did you all see Momo up in the middle of the class test earlier? That was hilarious!" Chaeyoung managed to spit out a complete sentence without giggling. Damn you Chaeyoung

"Yeah Momo, what's up with that?" Nayeon pursued the issue. 

I put another spoonful of rice into my mouth and looked around. My eyes made contact with Sana's and she shyed away. I felt a pang in my heart, for having not spoken the truth to Sana. We were having lunch and were sitting in a circle (like we usually do).

"I was just... daydreaming I guess," I opened my mouth up for another spoonful of rice.

"How was the test?" Jihyo switched the topic at hand, speaking in a prim and proper way (like she usually does). Thank you Jihyo

"I left the graph-drawing one blank," Tzuyu blatantly put out there, gaining drastic reactions from Mina, which was a rare sight. "WHAT? That was a 20 mark question!"

"Jesus Myoui calm the down, you can't force a person to draw something she has never seen or heard before, what the is a 'Long Run Marginal Curve' anyways, " Tzuyu justified her actions.

"..." Mina was stupified, "Wow..." The red haired individual didn't bother trying after that. 

"How was it, Sana?" Dahyun asked hurriedly, to break up the awkward and tense atmosphere that was in the air. Whenever Tzuyu and Mina spoke with each other, there had always been a clash of opinions, and would almost always result in a grumpy atmosphere right after. 

"Hmm?" Sana who seemed oblivious to what was going on, replied confidently, "The test was easy!", shocking every single living soul on the rooftop.

"W-woah what the ? Sana finds the test easy? THE WORLD'S ABOUT TO END!" Jeongyeon teased as she started imitating the sounds of sirens.

"I had a little bit of help of course," Sana confessed shyly, revealing a little smile towards Mina's direction as she does so, causing a bunch of 'ooohs' to emerge from the others, mainly Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Nayeon.

Ouch.. I felt another ache in my heart. Mina had probably been tutoring Sana lately, and to think I was the one who had suggested Mina to help Sana with her studies.

"The test isn't that difficult this time round in my opinion," Jihyo announced after all the 'oohs' had subsided, earning a light nod from Mina.

"Nothing's too difficult for you," Nayeon jeered, before prompting a question, "Let's be honest here, have you and Mina ever struggled academically-wise before?"

"..." Both Jihyo and Mina were silent. 

"Exactly, you two are the prodigies of this century," Nayeon exalted. The red-haired duo kept silent, for they were unsure if that was a compliment or if it was just pure sarcarsm. 

Ever since the the first Burning Bridges we've played, Nayeon has had been provoking Jihyo since and we could all see that from that light encounter earlier. Bridges have definitely been burnt and Nayeon's relationship with Jihyo has definitely worsened. I'm pretty sure the most of us can still vividly remember what had happened that night, and know why Nayeon is provoking Jihyo like this. 

The atmosphere turned all weird and tense again.

*CLAP*

Jeongyeon smacked her hands together and brought all our attention to her, "Alright enough talk about the Economics test, it's my birthday next month so all you asses better prepare something ing bombastic for me!"

Right, Jeongyeon's birthday's just next month, and she's most probably going to be running around for the next month, counting down to her birthday. Thinking back, Jeongyeon had helped me a bunch, and has always been there for me when I was down.

I ought to do something for Jeongyeon. 

Later that night, Nayeon created a group chat in preparation for Jeongyeon's birthday.

You have been invited to the group, "白痴's birthday celebration” by Nayeon


 

Classes end early on Wednesdays. The nine of us had lunch together on the rooftop after our last class which ended at 11am.

When we had all finished eating and were about to go home, Jeongyeon proposed that we hit up a PC bang (PC방; translates into PC Room, a type of LAN gaming center in korea) to play League, which, four out of the other eight of us agreed to. The fourth person who said she was tagging along shocked the other eight members who hadn't known about her new 'gaming side'. The 'gaming side' that I had awakened and roused a term ago.

- FLASHBACK -

"You sure this place is safe?" the girl who tagged behind me whispered as we walked down the dark aisle, filled with screens that were lit up on both sides.

"Yeah, trust me on this one." I smirked confidently as I checked against the labellings on top each of the chairs. 12D....13D...14D.... "There it is!" I said as I pointed at the seats labelled 15D and 16D.

We both slumped onto the red desk chairs (well, only I slumped onto them, the other girl sat prim and proper). "So er, you haven't gotten an account yet right?" I asked as I slurped on the coke bottle that was on my right hand.

"Not yet..." the red haired girl who wasscanning an unfamiliar background replied. "This place looks haunted," she commented before setting her eyes fixed on the screen infront of her.

I chuckled at her little statement of opinion, as I begun to help her create a fresh account. Coincidentally, it had been a Wednesday on that day as well, and it had been the same PC Bang. A Wednesday where I taught Mina how to game.


 

"So basically, the objective of this game is simple, you see this circle thingy over here? We have to destroy this to win." I pointed out with pings that were in the game, and waited for the other to respond.

"Wait what circle thing?!" Mina flustered as she cocked her head in closer to the computer screen directly infront of her. 

I sighed as I leaned towards her, ushering her to move her mouse to the upper right corner so her screen moved to where I had wanted her see the 'Nexus'.

The following tens of minutes were filled with a ton of frustrations, me leaning over to help Mina move her screen back to where her 'Champion', and me explaining to Mina how to play the game.

"I think I've got it." Mina confidently announces, I raised my eyebrow over her words, before she continued, "So basically, moving your mouse out of the screen moves to screen, right?"

"UGHHH! it took you that long to figure that out?!" I groaned. "I can't believe it took 30 minutes for academic prodigy Miss Myoui to learn how to move her computer screen!" I teased, getting my well-deserved smack on the shoulder from the obviously irritated Mina.


 

Hours that seemed like minutes had passed, our butts had been rooted onto these chairs for the past three hours. Mina had this jovial expression on her face, she was having fun (a rare sight).

I kept my eyes on her as I subconciously leaked a motherly smile. You look so ing beautiful when you're gaming

"Momo what the use your spells!" The girl who was a complete idiot to this game hours ago had started to issue orders. She hasn't even noticed I was staring at her. She was that into the game.

I snapped my head back to my screen and my fingers manuevered around the keyboard and mouse rapidly. "Are you having fun?" I asked out of curiousity. The answer was obvious, but I had wanted to hear it come out of .

"Sorry, what?" Mina, who had a thrilled expression, whose eyes were fixated onto the computer screen, whose fingers were moving swiftly and nimbly across the rectangular board, didn't quite hear the question.

"Nevermind, it's nothing." I smiled. You're having fun alright.


 

"That wasn't so bad afterall, I had okay fun in there" Mina tried to play it cool as she walked out of the PC Bang, stretching her stiff back.

"Just okay fun?! Oh my god Mina who're you BSing? You obviously had a blast inside there!" I rolled my eyes. 

We ended up playing for 4 hours straight, playing 4 matches against bots. Despite playing for just 4 matches, Mina had managed to catch on to the basics of the game, and did surprisingly well during the 3rd and the 4th match.

"You're not bad for a first timer, just a few more matches and you'll probably be sweeping tournaments," I cajoled Mina, and she reciprocated with a sweet smile as we walked towards the bus stop.

The best way to get closer with another person, is getting to understand the other's interests more. Sana was interested in gaming, which implies that if Mina wanted to get closer to Sana, she would have to understand why Sana likes playing games so much, and the easiest way for Mina to understand that was to make that her be involved in it and experience it for herself.

It was a perfect opportunity for Mina anyways, she had already finished all her homework and revision and had no way to kill time. "Can you teach me how to play that stupid game you and Sana are playing?" Mina approached me earlier that week, it was clear and obvious as daylight that she had wanted to pick up this game for the sake of getting close to Sana.

I whipped out my phone and checked the timings of the next few buses. There isn't going to be any buses driving down this street for the next couple of minutes. Unintentionally, my eyes landed comfortably onto the red haired girl that was in front of me. The way she drew back and fixed her hair, the way she pouts and stares down onto the floor when she's thinking, everything about her mesmerized me. 

What the , have I actually fallen in love with Mina?

Laughing at the ridiculity of my own words, I shook my head compellingly and broke the silence that was between the both of us, "So? You think you understand why Sana's so into this game now?"

"A little bit. I can see why you guys are crazy over this game, but I can't picture myself ruining my grades over a video game like this." Mina responded in a high and mighty tone, taking a sip of water from her water bottle.

She's so haughty and... attractive... KYAHHHHHHHH

That Wednesday, the day that I had ascertained that I had fallen in love with someone who had a crush on my best friend.

- END OF FLASHBACK -

"Jeongyeon do you have your stun up?" Mina, who had her eyes glued onto the computer screen, seeked information out of Jeongyeon.

"Yeah, ready whenever you're ready," the latter feedbacked and a few seconds later, a loud 'DOUBLE KILL' could be heard sounding out from all five computers.

"AYEEE good job you two!" I complimented the bot lane duo. 

"What the heck, Mina's so good though? Are you sure this is only your second time playing?!" Nayeon was flabbergasted. Mina, who had only picked up on gaming recently, was doing an extremely good job, to the extent where she was on par with most players online. She was probably better than Nayeon in certain aspects of the game too. 

"Second time coming to the PC Bang," Mina corrected herself. Ever since the first Wednesday Mina and I went over to the PC Bang, the subsequent Wednesdays were pretty much followed up with Mina coming over to my house, and me teaching her how to play League of Legends. It didn't take long for Mina to fully master the game and for her to reach a formidable standard.

"My Minari~ is the best!" Sana hurrahed after Mina destroyed the enemy's Nexus, winning the first game for us. Mina blushed, but only I had noticed it. 

Mina was flooded with compliments and praises from the rest of us. We were all happy that the 'miss academic-prodigy-who-had-never-experienced-fun-from-video-games-in-her-life' opened up and finally saw the light that was video games. It felt superb to have yet another friend with a common topic to talk about. Mina probably feels the same way too.

We won the next two matches easily as well. Mina and Jeongyeon's good chemistry at the bottom lane, Nayeon's consistency at the top lane, coupled with Sana's good pokes and harrass at the middle lane and to top it off with my superior jungling skills, victory was without a hitch.

"Thank God we have a fifth reliable player now. We don't have to worry about queuing up with a bronze scrub anymore," Nayeon vented out. The three other players (Not Mina) nodded our heads as we understood her frustrations as well. In a game which emphasises teamwork and balance, most of our losses in the past had been due to our fifth player (a public player) being incompetent and stupid. 

"The five of us, we're unstoppable!! Let's do a group cheer" Sana incited, as she pulled the five of us together into a circle right outside the PC Bang.

"Sana, what the " Jeongyeon whispered as she wrapped her arms behind Me and Sana.

"This is so childish," Mina chuckled, shaking her head while pulling Nayeon into the circle and resting her arms behind Sana and Nayeon.

"I can't believe we're doing this!" Nayeon alleged in a high-pitched voice and also with widened eyes. She was obviously excited and also supportive of this idea as well.

"I want out of here!" I groaned as I closed up the circle that Sana had formed, reclining my arm behind Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Five grownups gathered for a group hug right on the streets of Korea, something you don't see everyday.

Sana exchanged glances with each and every one of us while we waited as to see what weird antics the blonde would come up with next. Without a warning, she started hopping and screamed, "TWICE! TWICE! JALHAJA!"

*Twice was their clan name in League of Legends*


 

I wiped dry my hair with my pink towel as I approached my blinking phone. 

Sana has added Mina into the group 'The Ruler of the Summoner's Rift'

Sana: (8:32): Welcome, to the winner's club.

Jeongyeon: (8:32): Welcome to the noisiest group chat you'll ever be in

Nayeon: (8:33): You're the noisiest one here CTFU

Jeongyeon: (8:33): exCUSE ME?

Jeongyeon: (8:33):YOU LITERALLY SEND LIKE 121424821 MESSAGES OVER HERE EVERYDAY

Mina: (8:37): Jeongyeon I don't think that's how you use the word 'literally'.

Nayeon: (8:38): BLEHH GET CORRECTED B0TCH

Jeongyeon: (8:39): woW aight say goodbye to your blue pen that's with me

Nayeon: (8:40):DoN'T YOU DARE

Jeongyeon: (8:40): ^.^

Sana: (8:42): They're pretty much like this everywhere :/ You can put this group on mute if you want to :)

Mina: (8:45): :)

I latched myself down onto the sofa chest flat, and started typing away.

Momo: (8:49): Ayee the J-Trinity has reunited in yet another group chat >.O

Sana: (8:50): Ayeee, 残りを混乱させるために日本語で話しましょう(let's speak in japanese to confuse the rest)

Momo: (8:50): はい (yes)

Mina: (8:51): wwwwwwwww (the japanese version of lol)

Sana: (8:52): なぜあなたはリーグ戦を始めたのですか?(so why did you start playing league)

That question... is dangerous... Without a second's hesitation, I sat up straight immediately, heart racing as I waited for Mina to reply Sana's vexing question.

Mina is typing...

Minutes passed, and Mina hasn't replied Sana yet. Her status changes from typing' to 'online' every few seconds. 

I have to do something. I thought to myself.

Momo is typing...

Momo: (8:59): I made her play it

Momo: (8:59): that one Wednesday

Momo: (8:59): i got bored after school

Momo: (8:59): and i pulled mina along with me to the PC Bang

Momo: (8:59): and yeah... 

I bit my lips and tapped my index finger along the back of my perpetually. We can't possibly let Sana know that Mina is playing league for the sake of getting closer with her. We can't possibly let Sana know that Mina has a crush on her. Not yet.

Why can't we? The back of my head questions, but I ignore it.

Sana: (9:01): Oohhhh I knew it! I thought Mina couldn't possibly have wanted to start playing League on her own ^^ (she thought wrong)

Sana: (9:01): and WOW you broke the japanese thing we had going on! sdgjsdagasdk

Momo: (9:02):  (´・ω・`) my bad hahaha

Mina: (9:03): wwwwwwww

I tossed my phone away across the sofa, thinking there wouldn't be anymore messages coming in for the next hour or so. I started to count the number of times 'it' has happened today. 

The number of times Mina has stared at Sana today.

After getting embarrassed in front of the entire class for daydreaming during the class test, I glanced around to see if there was anyone who had finished the test. Myoui Mina sat there, with a dreamy and a whimsical expression on her face. Her eyes nailed down another individual that was in the classroom. Mina had laid her eyes on Sana. Eleven.

It was sort of a routine, for both Mina and I. Mina would be casually gawking at Sana in front of the entire class, and I would 'casually' catch her doing so. I would be bullting if I had said that whatever I had captured didn't make me feel a single thing at all. It hurts as .

An aching sensation burned in my heart as I capped off the count. Seventeen.

I closed my eyes, and let my heart do it's thing, sinking into the deepest depths of the darkest oceans. I was living, but living felt like a literal hell. Why am I trying so hard for Mina? I questioned myself again.

*beep*

Mina: (1:02): Awake?

Momo: (1:03): ? Yeah? What's up Princess Peach?

Mina: (1:05): Nothing really, just wanted to thank you for earlier. My brain froze and I literally couldn't think of a lie I could come up with to answer Sana.

Momo: (1:05): You owe me a drink for that ^^

Mina: (1:07): what? no!

Momo: (1:07): I'm getting my free drink tomorrow if not I'm telling Sana you stared at her seventeen times today.

Mina: (1:09): Yesterday* aND don't you dare speak a single word Miss Herai

Momo: (1:09): The lips are sealed if the drinks are dealed.

Mina: (1:13): :/ okay fine just ONE drink.

Momo: (1:13): ^^ Right, I just remembered, thanks for collecting my homework on the days I didn't come to school!!

Mina: (1:16): Wait how did you know it was me? I just left it on Jeongyeon's table lul >.<

Momo: (1:16): I have my sources :)

I stared intensely at my phone in anticipation of another reply. Just chatting with Mina made my heart quiver with excitement.

I didn't receive a reply, not one in the five minutes that I had been staring at my phone. Her status still read online, but it didn't seem like it. I restarted my phone, walking around the living room, biting my fingers as it booted up again. WAIT what if she's waiting for me to start a new topic. What should I talk about next? I thought, in expectation that Mina is still online and that I would be able to start up another conversation with her.

Mina is Online

My eyes widened and I started typing away. Before I hit the 'send' button, it had suddenly occurred to me. A sudden realisation. Something that I had overlooked. Thoughts that I had omitted. I opened up another chat.

Sana is Online

It didn't even take a second for me to register what that had meant. I knew exactly why the both of them were online. I went back to the former chat and pressed my thumb against the 'back' button, as I watched the text, 'What's your favourite color?' dissipate into nothing, leaving only an empty white square box. 

I locked my phone and fastened my teary eyes shut.


[ BONUS ]

EVERLAND TRIP PT.2

Her hand reached in to snag another piece of chip. Placing it on top of her lower lip, she asserted again, "I still can't believe you can't ride stuff like these."

In an attempt to imitate Mina's elegant chip-eating skills, I balanced a chip on top of my lower lip and nimbled. "Same here. You didn't look the type that was afraid of rides." Mina looked like those people, that would be able to gracefully ride down rides, take perfect camera shots, or rather, that was the type of person I had assumed Mina to be.

"Well, aren't those people who love riding those sort of things usually the dumber and the crazier ones? I would say you're close to those types of people," Mina mocked.

"Wow, that was uncalled for," I snapped back, seizing a handful of chips and stuffing it into my mouth.

We stood outside the viking ride attraction, and waited for the rest to be done with their ride. From where we were standing, we could still see the girls queuing and waiting for their turn. Jeongyeon and Nayeon were bickering (as usual). The school-meal-club were standing together, Tzuyu towering over Chaeyoung, and Dahyun who seemed like she was praying. Jihyo and Sana were conversing. The queue was extremely long, and it didn't look as if the rest would be able to get on the viking ride anytime soon.

Jihyo, who had noticed me and Mina standing out here, pointed it out to Sana and started to wave her hands. Sana looked over, waving her hands enthusiastically while beaming.

"Jihyo's waving at us! And Sana too!" I exclaimed, capturing Mina's attention. We both waved both our hands back generously in response.

Shortly after, the queue moved forward and the girls were out of sight, blocked by a gigantic pillar. 

"Wanna go get some food?" I offered to Mina, who's eyes were still searching for her friends.

"I'll just grab a drink I guess." The latter gave up.


We made our way over to Starbucks.

"Why're we eating here? The food here's REEEAAALLLY expensive," I complained. I didn't bring much cash out with me today, I had only brought enough for the tickets and also for lunch and dinner.

"It's fine, I'm paying." Mina said cooly, flaunting two '$15 vouchers' with a smug.

We settled down at a two-seater. I looked up at the menu. Holy this looks confusing, aND WHAT A SLICE OF CAKE FOR 7 BUCKS? I frowned at the prices that were being displayed.

"What do you want?" Mina queried.

My eyes still scanning the menu for something cheap, nervously replied, "Mina I don't think we should be eating here, it's reeall-"

"It's fine, I'm paying!" The red haired girl insisted. She then reiterated, "I'm having mocha, what do you want to drink?" 

"Just hot coffee will do..." I muttered. I wasn't thinking anything about ripping Mina off. 

Mina walked over to the counter and ordered our drinks, before returning with two starbucks cups and also two tiny slices of cake that was placed on plates that were numerous times bigger than the cake itself.

"Dig in," Mina said, as she lifted up her starbucks cup which read 'Myoui' on the front and sipped on it.

Instinctively, I turned my starbucks cup till it faced me, and when it did, I chortled. It read 'HERAI'.


We headed back to the viking ride attraction and coincidentally the girls had ended their rides just as we had returned.

"THAT WAS AMAZING" Jihyo exclaimed, her eyes were teary from excitement. She then continued, "Y'all really missed out on an amazing ride!" 

Dahyun had a lifeless expression on while Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were hi-fiving one another. Jeongyeon and Nayeon were bickering (again). 

"THAT WAS SCAAARRYYY" Sana ran towards Mina with teary eyes and leaped into Mina's arms. Mina had her hands out awkwardly as the blonde scraped her forehead onto her shoulders. 

With her hands still floating up there, Mina stared at me and mouthed a 'help me' as her face of confusion evolves into a face of distress. She eventually rested her hands on Sana's back and comforted her, patting her back as if Sana was a baby.

I stood there laughing throughout the entirety of that scene, they honestly looked adorable.


"This is sooo boring" Jeongyeon yawned as we breezed (not really) through the Sesame Streets ride (a ride for kids).

The ride was extreeeemely slow and there were no drops in heights or anything. The others were complaining throughout the entire ride, but Mina and I were thankful that such rides exist.

The most interesting thing that had happened in the ride was probably when Jeongyeon was messing around with Nayeon and then she 'accidentally' dropped Nayeon's mickey-mouse headband. Nayeon whined for the rest of the day after that.


"Thank you for this wonderful day, and also, I'm glad to have met you guys." Jihyo confessed just as we were about to go home after dinner.

I'm sure the other eight of us felt the same way as Jihyo as well, even without words spoken. We greeted each other goodbyes as we all walked in different directions.

I'm glad to have met you guys as well. I smiled as I walked down the flower road.


 

[ Author's Note ]

This is probably the worst (poorly-written) chapter of this fic. I am disappointed in myself for having written a rushed out chapter like this. I apologise for the quality of this chapter, and also for the other chapters because they haven't been written as well as I had hoped. I'm starting school next week so I probably won't have time to write as often. I will not compromise the quality of future chapters by rushing them out just to be on schedule (weekly updates). Instead, I'll take time to really write better so that you guys can get better content out of this.

-

This is still a learning journey for me, so please bear with my poor writing :(( 

I've been reading a bunch of other fics lately and other authors are scaring me with their incredible and in depth character developments and also how well they can let the readers intepret and understand the character's emotions. Also, I probably should've written this fic in a third person POV idk LOL i'm having troubles writing from a first person POV