CHAPTER 4

A High School Love Story

~~The Odd Rumor~~

 

MINA'S POV

 

Mina... This is the moment of truth. You have to tell her the dream; there can be hope... You HAVE to I think... 

 

I sit next to Nayeon as I finally decide to tell her about the dream. I hope it won't do anything wrong... But would it be so bad to open up? 

 

"Hey can I tell you something? I-I'm not sure if I should tell you... But it's been bothering me, so it's best to let it out than to hold it in..." I asked hesitantly.

 

"Yeah, totally. Go for it." Nayeon responds. 

 

"I had a dream... N-now don't be weirded out or anything...U-um, it was a strange kind of dream

 

Nayeon's eyes widened at her statement. 

 

"Well what exactly happened in that dream?" Nayeon asked with a shocked expression plastered on her face. 

 

"I was going at it with some girl... It just felt so right and romantic... I don't know. I couldn't help it, she was the definition of the word "beautiful"..." I told her, as I was afraid that I would get shunned. 

 

"Well do you know who the girl is?" Nayeon questioned her with curiosity. 

 

"The girl looked exactly like you. I had the dream before I even met you... I don't know; I'm not trying to be weird or anything but I enjoyed it..."

 

After what I've said; next thing I know she goes running out of the door without even looking back. Crap, I'm done... 

 

"NAYEON!!!" I scream out at the top of my lungs; no this can't happen... I just met her yet so much has happened. What the hell is gonna happen now...?

 

I then hear my front door shut from downstairs and I come back from my deep thoughts. Tomorrow's going to be a loooooooooooooooong day.

 

***

 

...2-3 weeks later

 

NAYEON'S POV 

 

So a couple weeks have passed since my first day of school and that little incident with Mina. The school day after the movie night was awkward; I sat with the group as usual, but I wouldn't have any contact or communication with Mina -- she did the same towards me. But when we did have eye contact with each other, it would be awkward, yet we still usually held the stares for about 10 seconds (and that's pretty long).

 

I'm in my math class right now; Trigonometry try to be specific, and it sure as hell is boring... Mina is in this class as well, since I got all classes with her which makes it even more awkward. It's been hurting me like a since I just can't talk casually with her; of course we would have occasional glances at each other but that's not enough. 

 

"Ms. Im!!! May you please wake up from La La Land and listen to my lecture? It's only been about 2 and a half weeks since school has started, and your cooperation isn't sufficient enough." Mr. Jackson barked at me as I straightened myself up with everyone's stares. 

 

I clear my throat and respond, "U-um yes sir... Sorry, I've just been stressed lately so-"

 

Mr Jackson cuts me off and says, "That's alright, just don't let it happen again."

 

I slightly groaned from the stares of the various students in my class, and then I start back to finishing my classwork. It felt like someone was staring at me -- and not it wasn't the other students, it felt different; I look up around and my eyes met Mina's, her brown orbs looked beautiful. I know I've been denying my feelings for her for a bit now, but I gotta admit, she's HAWT. 

 

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I sat literally right next to her; yes which makes it a bit harder for me, and every now and then I take peeks of her chest. But c'mon! How can you not repeatedly check out that angel if you're sitting right next to them? 

 

I see her take out a piece of paper amd write something on it; she folds it and hands it to me. 

 

'Sorry what happened a couple weeks ago. Let's just act like it never happened and gi back to normal, please? :( ' the note read. 

 

I write on the piece of slightly cringe paper because of the folds and hand it back to her, I wrote down, 'it's alright... To be honest, and go to the mall today? Since it's Friday? '

 

Mina reads the note and smiles with a nod. Yes. 

 

***

 

Lunch time went by and I sit with everyone on our usual table: cleaner than any of the other cafeteria tables, table cloth, fresh looking fruits, and good looking people. I'm glad that I got to be friends with them, or else I would've just been awkward with how much students were here and how humongous this school was if I was alone. Most importantly I got to meet her. 

 

"So I heard that one of the teachers here are supposedly 'touching' and 'groping' some of the students here, maybe even actually . I'm not sure if it's true or if it's a rumor." Momo says as she eats some grapes. 

 

"Oh yeah! I heard of that. But it seems that the rumor hasn't reached the administrators yet, so it could be made up." Jungyeon adds to the conversation with a orange shoved in to make it seem her teeth were orange. 

 

Momo smacks Jungyeon jokingly, "You're gonna choke, watch. I even wonder why I'm even date you." giggled Momo. 

 

"Anyways some more details I've heard is that the teacher would call a student in to have a private conversation because they have 'bad grades', or so I'm told." continued Momo. 

 

"That's freaky... Ew an old creeper touching you? Imagine that? Just thinking about that gives chills down my spine, ughh." commented Sana. 

 

"Nah, I would enjoy it. Wait no. I would LOVE it. Better yet, fantasize about it." Jihyo laughs at her own remark. 

 

"Jeez you guys are so odd." Tzuyu teased. 

 

"You shouldn't even be talking! Watch. Someday you're going to realize how weied you are and then you're gonna look back at this moment and be like 'damn, I'm stupid. Like hell, I'm even more weirder than a praying mantis.' Like that." Jihyo replied, still laughing. 

 

Everyone just started laughing and enjoying themselves and the company around them; these people are really fun. But that story about the teacher... I need to watch out for myself. No, I need to watch out for Mina, since she is one of the girls of this school. 

 

***

 

The school day came to an end; it was a long day too. I'm pretty tired, but yet pretty awake because I know that me and Mina are gonna go to the mall together; plus it's Friday, which makes it even better. I walk to the student parking lot and go where Mina parked her car, and I lean against it waiting for her. 

 

"Where is she? She should've gotten here quicker than me considering the fact that her last class is closer to her than mine..."

 

Half an hour past and still no sight of her. And that's when I came to my senses; what if something happened to her? What if that rumor from earlier was true? What is she is one of the victims? . I gotta go look for her, fast. And she was talking to Tzuyu about something else, so she couldn't heard ther others' conversation that we were having. 

 

MINA'S POV

 

I've been trying to open my locker for a while now. It just wouldn't budge, and I dont recall putting much stuff in it in the first place, so why is it stuck? Something doesn't feel right... 

 

A couple seconds later, I see my science teacher, Mr. Mark walking towards me with a fishy look on his face. But that's how his face usually is so it doesn't matter; at least I got a teacher around to unbudge this stupid locker. 

 

"Ms. Myoui!!! I have something I need to speak with you urgently about your grades. Please come with me to my classroom so I can check your file." Mr. Mark says in a suspicious tone. 

 

"Uh but sir, my locker is a bit jammed. Can you fix it for me first? Since I recall that you used to be an engineer, so you're probably good with ratchets, locks and stuff." I respond worriedly. 

 

"Oh that can wait, since your grades are really important. And you're a senior, so grades are your top priority! Come this; come, come." Mr. Mark pulls onto my arm into his class. 

 

"I thought I'm doing good in your class. Why do I need to discuss them with you?" I ask. 

 

"Well since I was an engineer, I need to fix things...and I need to fix...you." Mark said as he locked the door. 

 

My eyes shot open with surprise, and fear started seeping out of my body. This is bad. This is BAD. NAYEON, WHERE ARE YOU?!! 

 

He pushes me against the wall, holding firmly onto my wrists together and grabs a rope from one of his drawers of his desk and ties them with it. 

 

"HEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!" I scream and yelp out at the top of my lungs. 

 

"Shut up!" Mark hissed as he smackes me and placed a piece of tape on my mouth with such aggression and fire that could make hell seem like nothing, compared to the evil in his eyes. 

 

And that was when I saw the door kicked open. It was Nayeon. And she was with the Principal and a couple of the school security guards and police officers. 

 

"This is not what it looks like!" Mark pleads. 

 

"Sir, I have never been disgusted so bad in my entire life. You are fired. Not just from the school, but from the whole district!" yells the Principal. 

 

"MINA!!!" Nayeon yells as she bents down to hug me. Her touch made it seem like what just happened had never happened... She unties the rope from my wrists and takes the tape off of my mouth. I hug her back just as hard as she did to me. 

 

"Mark Tuan. You are under arrest for misconduct and attempted towards a student, in which is felony!" Says one of the police officers. 

 

The other security guards and police officers helped each other hold onto Mr. Mark tightly so he wouldn't break free, and cuff his hands. The Principal and the other officers amd guards ask if I'm alright, and I am which I'm thankful for; they then head out. 

 

Suddenly a tear seeps from my left eye, because of how much has just happened. 

 

"It's okay... I'm here" Nayeon reassures me and the tear off my face. My face reddens from the sudden action she made. That was pretty . She giggles aftrt realizing what she has done. 

 

I clear my throat and say,  "So u-um... We should get going now. We're going to the mall aren't we?"

 

"Whoa, I completely forgot. Let me help you up, 'kay?" Nayeon stated as she helped me get back up on my feet. 

 

And then I finally remembered about my locker, "Oh wait! My locker! My history book's in there, and we got homework... I'm screwed."

 

"It's alright. We can work on our homework together, since I got the book. It's more convenient that way. Oh yeah wanna sleep over tonight?" Nayeon asked. 

 

"Sure. My parents won't mind anyways, since you're sweet. *Cough* I mean nice...! T-they think you're a really nice person! U-um yeah!" I replied as I kind of choked up my words. 

 

"Haha, alright then..." Nayeon said while she smirked. 

 

I grabbed my bag that was on the ground, and we both headed towards my car. After we got in, we drove away towards the mall. 

 

So much has happened today... 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

So here is another update :) Stay tuned for more... Hope u guys can wait...