Chapter 20

Magical lives are made of this.

Hi everyone~ I'm sorry for being MIA again (for two months this time!) I kept thinking on updating but I've been accepted into my very dreamed Master's Degree and I've been very busy! (Because it's in another country and I have to apply for a Visa and do a WHOLE lot amount of other things). 
Please read the note at the end of the chapter :)


The thud of her trunk touching the ground echoed in the empty room. It was the middle of the morning so everyone was at their own lessons. A wave of guilt rushed through her body when the relief appeared. She had asked her dad to Apparate them when everyone was busy because she needed time to prepare herself.

She took a deep breath and got up from the bed she had been sat on. Her Gryffindor robe swayed on her way down the stairs and she knew exactly who would be waiting for her on the Common Room. Despite the pain of these last days she grinned at the sight of her older brother.

Jongdae was leaning against the back of the velvet couch, his arms crossed in front of his chest and his cheshire smile in place.

“What kind of example are you setting for your sister by skipping class?” Roro .

“The necessary one” Jongdae answered back while opening his arms. Roro didn’t need to be told twice and she hugged him tight. Her brother always had that ability to calm her down with just a touch. Roro thought it was due to the fact they had been through so much together. “I missed you and worried a lot, Baby Sis.”

“I missed you too, Dae.”

“So, how did it go?” He asked with a concerned look on his face.

 

Roro explained everything to him. The uncomfortable feeling that they weren’t supposed to be there. The inability to feel sadness for a mother she had not got to know enough to love and miss. However, she reassured him that she was feeling better and she knew she would be fine in a couple of weeks.

“I’m sure having Chanyeol there to assure you how much of a not monster you are helped a lot too.” Jongdae said nonchalantly. Roro automatically nodded until she registered his words and groaned.

“I can’t believe he told you about that!” Roro whined which made Dae chuckle.

“Don’t worry, I had to threaten him first. He told me it was your secret and blablabla but I told him I would tell you his most embarrassing secrets and you would never date him.” He confessed shrugging. “It worked”.

“Of course it did!” Roro hit her brother with her right hand. “There was no need to be that mean Dae! Poor Chanyeol!” She pouted. Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“I guess then you are going to talk to him? He’s been asking everyday if I had news or how you were feeling.” He sighed. “It’s tiresome.” Roro showed a small smile.

“Yeah, I’ll talk to him after meeting everyone.” She laid down on the couch. “Did you find anything new while I was at home?” She asked her brother. Jongdae’s eyes shined.

“Get yourself comfortable ‘cause this is starting to be far more interesting than any muggle story I’ve ever read.”


 

Byun Baekhyun was an idiot. However, he was a very busy idiot and when Professor Nim had asked him for help he said yes. Not only because Baekhyun needed to maintain his grade on Charms but also because he liked the man. Although he admitted, to himself at least, that the timing of the Professor was superb since his request provided the Slytherin student with a perfect excuse to skip breakfast. He didn’t want to confront Mina even if he knew he was at fault. He was walking back to the dorms to gather his things and head to class when Kyungsoo’s voice startled him on the bedroom’s door.

“You should apologize. She likes you enough to forgive you for acting like a moron caveman”.

“Didn’t your mother teach you that spying on others isn’t good manners?” He hissed back. Kyungsoo snorted.

“It’s not spying if you are shouting for everyone to hear you”.

“Whatever”. Baekhyun ignored his roommate and took his Potions’ book. After a couple seconds of silence Kyungsoo spoke again.

“I’m serious, apologize”.

“I know”.

“And while you are at it, you should tell her why you are so afraid of Jongin”.

“I’m not afraid of him!” Baekhyun hissed again “I know he’s gay, okay?”

“Oh, I’m not talking about replacing you.” Kyungsoo snorted again. “I’m talking about how you don’t like the fact he gets her better than you do because he is also a muggleborn. I’m sure Mina will find it even sweet of you to worry about that.” His friend sniggered again.

“I hate you.”

“No, you don’t. Next time, argue with your girlfriend in hushed voice. I need my sleep rest, Baek.”

“See you in class, Soo.”

Baekhyun will be damned before getting relationship advice from Kyungsoo. But yes, he was going to apologize as soon as he could be alone with Mina.



 

“Miss Roro you are back!” The Gryffindor girl smiled when she felt Isha’s hand around her. “I’m so happy you are here Miss Roro!”

“How have you been Isha?” Roro asked the excited Elf. It was like having a little sister, she never faled to cheer Roro up. “Practicing a lot?”

“Yes Miss Roro” the little Elf answered excited while dragging Roro to her already claimed spot inside the pantry. “Isha has cooked a perfect Onion Soup yesterday! Mrs. Mitera was very impressed!” Roro laughed at her friends excitement.

“That’s great Isha, I’m very proud!” The little Elf turned around to look at her with shining eyes.

“Thank you Miss Roro!”

Once they arrived to where Isha’s cauldron was situated the girl sat next to it. She did feel very proud since Isha had been able to master one of her disaster recipes with this old cauldron. Onion Soup wasn’t that difficult to cook but Isha always burnt it. Last time she had tried, a couple months ago, she had been so sad about not getting it right that Roro forced Dae to vanish it all and tell the little Elf that he liked it a whole lot. It didn’t look like Isha believed it but she smiled grateful for the gesture.

“Are you feeling less sad Miss Roro?” The little Elf sat next to her with a soft expression on her face. Roro’s heart leapt at the tenders on her voice.

“Yes, now I’m home I feel much better.” Isha gave her a big grin. “Do you want to show me how amazingly can you cook now?” Roro nudged her friend. Isha giggled.

“Actually Miss Roro,” she said with a serious tone Roro had never heard her use “ I wanted to ask you about something…” Roro raised an eyebrow. Isha was looking at the ground as if she was afraid to ask which had never happened before either.

“You can ask whatever you need, Isha” She said softly.

A couple seconds of silence passed until Isha looked Roro in the eye again.

“Do you know any guarding spells?” She asked a bit flustered. Roro frowned in confusion.

“Is someone mistreating you?” The Gryffindor girl asked feeling the rage inside her. “If you want me to speak to the Headmistress I can do that.”

“No, no it’s not like that!” Isha rushed to calm her friend. “Isha heard some students asking Mrs Mitera about kitchen things. They needed a cauldron because of money they don’t have… I don’t want them to take my cauldron. Mrs Mitera said I could keep it!” Isha explained in a very agitated state. Roro smiled kindly at her.

“Isha, you know that it is not the cauldron but yourself who is achieving the good cooking results, right?”

“Isha likes her cauldron!” She answered stubbornly which surprised Roro because her little friend was never like this. She sighed softly not to annoy Isha anymore.

“Okay, what about this: I’ll ask a friend of mine who is really good with Charms and Spells to see if we can cast a protective one, okay?” Isha’s smile was blinding and Roro chuckled. “However, I don’t know how well they will work because we are in Hogwarts and there is no safer place than this one, Isha.” Roro reassured her friend. She didn’t want to give false hope to Isha but she would ask Xiumin if he could help her. The Ravenclaw student was the best she knew in this area. She would ask him to resume her tutoring too.

“Thank you Miss Roro!” Isha didn’t seem too worried about her warning and hugged her again. Roro smiled happily, it was good to be back again.

 

Mina was on her way back to the dorms to try to sneak a small nap before her next class. She had a free period now and she was having the worst of days. At breakfast Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen and she didn’t want to seem too desperate and ask Kyungsoo about it. However, the older Slytherin had given her a kind smile and a pat on the shoulder when he had left the Great Hall. Well, she knew they hadn’t been exactly quiet the night before. She just didn’t get it how was it so difficult for Baekhyun to understand why she was angry. He was being absurd about the situation. Mina had been crushing over Baekhyun for years, why would she want another person now? She frowned her face and shook her head trying to get those thoughts out of her mind. She couldn’t sleep the night before and now she was feeling more tired than ever.

The only happy moment of the day had been when Roro appeared at lunch and the three friends reunited. She was glad to have her Gryffindor friend back at Hogwarts and to see that she was doing better. Roro was quieter than she had ever seen her but it was understandable after what she had been through. When they had parted ways, each of them to their respective lessons, Mina hugged her tighter just to remind her she wasn’t alone. She was so lost in her thoughts that she wasn’t aware of Baekhyun sitting on the couch until she was almost at the dorms’ stairs.

“I’m sorry!” The boy blurted as soon as she turned around to look at him. She was still standing next to the stairs and he had got up from the couch, walking to where she was. Mina sighed.

“I don’t want you to apologize” She saw how Baekhyun winced at her tone “I want you to understand and to explain why don’t you trust me.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he rushed to her side, taking her hand into his.

“I trust you Mina, I do.” Mina avoided his eyes.

“It sure didn’t feel like that last night.”

“I know Jongin is gay” Baekhyun explained which had Mina looking at him again with a frown adorning her face. She was about to talk, to ask which was the problem then when Baekhyun continued “That’s not why I feel… jealous” he said the last word as a whisper.

“What’s wrong then?” The Slytherin girl seemed more worried now than before.

“You are a muggleborn” Baekhyun simply said. Mina looked at him surprised at that.

“So?”

“So” Baekhyun cleared his throat refusing to look at her “there are things I won’t be able to understand. I know it’s not exactly nice to have to explain to me the jokes I don’t get, or to be lost in a conversation when you don’t get a word or a concept.” He sighed tightening the grip on her hand. “I don’t want us to drift apart because of that and with Jongin you don’t have that problem…”

Mina’s eyes softened but her tone was still sharp when she answered.

“So, it is better to make me feel bad about it and be irritated than to explain it to me?” she raised an inquisitive eyebrow at her boyfriend. Baekhyun shrugged.

“I was embarrassed of feeling this way.”

This time, it was Mina who sighed.

“Baek, I like explaining those things to you. Sure, it gets a bit annoying sometimes but if I didn’t want you to know about my world I wouldn’t be with you. I knew how different our backgrounds are when you asked me out and it didn’t matter to me.” Baekhyun looked at her with a small smile.

“I also like it when you explain those things to me, you are really cute when you are excited about something.”

Mina blushed.

“Yeah, whatever… Just don’t do that again. If you feel something is wrong talk to me.”

“Will do” Baekhyun smiled lining closer to her to peck her lips but at the last second Mina turned away. The Slytherin boy looked at her confused.

“I lost sleep and I’m tired because of your petty tantrum. Don’t think I’m gonna let you kiss me and be done like that.” She said with a cocky grin. “I’m going to take a nap and you are late for Charms.”

Mina turned around and began ascending to the dorms. Baekhyun stood there trying to decide if he should take a nap too or go to class.

“Don’t even think about skipping Byun Baekhyun, I’ll see you at dinner Honey!”

To class it was, then. However, he couldn’t take the stupid smile out of his face even when Professor Nim gave him an additional assignment for being late to class.

“You are so whipped.” Kyungsoo whispered to him when he finally sat at his desk. Baekhyun only shrugged.


 

It had been five months since the last time Jongin had exchanged words with Sehun and their last conversation was short and left the Hufflepuff boy with a cold hole in his chest. However, he was worried about his best friend (ex-best friend?) because he knew him very well. Even if the world thought of the Slytherin boy as a cold and unfriendly person, Jongin had seen the other side. Sehun was the only person who talked to him on his first year at Hogwarts. He was about to pass out the moment he arrived to his Charms lesson (late) and saw everyone working in pairs. He didn’t know anyone and he was going to be alone for the rest of the year, he missed his family, his friends, his school… It was at that exact moment that Sehun had looked at him and offered the empty chair next to his. Jongin felt he could breathe again and they had been friends ever since then. Sehun had protected him and defended him against those who made fun of his poor magical abilities and the Slytherin boy had taught him how to stand up for himself and not let others make him feel inferior. That’s why it had stunk so bad five months ago.

Because him, the very same person who had given him so much strength, knew what to say and how to hurt Jongin.

However, things were far more complicated it seemed because now Sehun was still defending and protecting him. From his own father nonetheless. Jongin was tired of being the damsel in distress all the time. He was a wizard (or a wizard student at least!) and he was able to stand up for himself.

“Sehun!” he called the Slytherin boy on his way to the other side of the Quad. Sehun turned around and looked at him with an inquisitive raised eyebrow. “We need to talk.” Jongin walked up to him and said with a seriousness which was way out of character for him. Before Sehun could say anything he continued. “Now.”

Sehun said nothing but nodded and they began to walk closer to the lake.

It was Jongin’s time to protect his best friend.

 

 

There we go... Roro is back, Baek has insecurities as everyone else does and Jongin is going to confront Sehun :O
What are your thoughts on this chapter?

I have an announcement and a question :3
First, on May 30th is my Birthday so I'll do another update with one of the most anticipated SCENES and DEVELOPMENT <3

My question is:

This story will be 24-25 chapters long (so, we are closing to the end). However, there are some scenes or themes I wanted to touch (and because I'm rubbish saying goodbye to characters I love) so, I thought on doing some Extra stories/Oneshoots after the End. Would you like that? Or do you prefer to leave things closed and done?

Let me know on the comments please :)

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing (I have 51 subs, I cannot believe this! THANKYOUTHANKYOU)<3

Love,

R.