Two - Final

Because Of The Storm

"Are you asleep yet?" Jongin whispered quietly after a while and felt Kyunghee's head shake against his chest. "Try and sleep whilst the thunder's gone." He told her but Kyunghee shook her head again which made Jongin frown. "Why?" He asked her confused.
"I can't sleep during storms." Kyunghee stuttered quietly.
"A lot of people can't sleep during storms." Jongin joked.
"It's not like that!" Kyunghee snapped but sighing. Jongin frowned and sat up on his arm, looking down at her.
"Then tell me. What is it like?" Jongin asked her.
"When I was 7, there was a storm like this. It was the middle of the night and someone came into the house to steal from my family. They murdered my parents then came into mine and my younger brother's room. I pretended to be asleep but my brother was younger so he didn't. He must have woken up and gone to see what was happening. They murdered him too but they left me... because I didn't see anything." Kyunghee explained to Jongin as she sniffled from crying. Jongin didn't say anything, instead he wrapped his arms back around Kyunghee and hugged her tighter.

 

Kyunghee opened her eyes and heard the sound of rain again. Her alarm was going off and she leant across to turn it off. She turned back and her eyes widened when she looked at Jongin who was still fast asleep. She wasn't sure whether to be surprised that a guy like Jongin was laid beside her sleeping or that she had actually managed to fall asleep during the storm after talking to Jongin.
"Ah~ Your alarm is too loud." Jongin grumbled as he opened his eyes. Kyunghee jumped slightly and looked around awkwardly. He smiled and pulled Kyunghee closer to him. "Let's sleep more." He said happily. Kyunghee shook her head and pulled away.
"We need to go to school." Kyunghee told him as she sat up.
"Turn on the news, I don't think we'll be at school today." Jongin scoffed. Kyunghee glanced out the window and crawled over to turn her laptop on. Jongin sat up and waited until the news came up on the laptop. Kyunghee scoffed as she read her laptop.
"Schools are closed. The storm will continue today." Kyunghee told Jongin. He nodded and leant across to Kyunghee, pulling her back towards him.
"So more sleep." He said with a smirk. 

 

"Are you ever going to leave?" Kyunghee asked Jongin with a smirk as she laid back down beside him. He looked at her and smiled.
"I can't leave until the storm clears. It's advised people stay inside." Jongin told her as he chuckled afterwards. 
"See this?" Jongin asked Kyunghee as he held out his hand.
Kyunghee frowned and pointed to his hand, "Your hand?" She said confused and Jongin nodded.
"Exactly my hand. They said the storm will continue throughout the day. So if you ever get scared, just come and hold my hand." Jongin told her with a smile. Kyunghee smiled to him and nodded.
"But that doesn't mean you can hold it whenever, ok?" Jongin smirked and Kyunghee nodded again. 
"Should we sleep more?" Kyunghee suggested.
Jongin smiled, "Of course we should. We've got a day off school and usually I'm woken up at home. I'm not woken up here... apart from your loud alarm." He said happily before him and Kyunghee began laughing together.

 


 

The next day, the storm had calmed down a lot, people were returning to work and to school but they were told to stay prepared as the storm may come back at any time. Kyunghee wandered to school with a smile on her face, the days she had spent with Jongin had made her happier and less lonely. Kyunghee reached the spot where she fell over the other day and paused. She scoffed quietly to herself and shook her head in disbelief. If she had never fallen that day, she would have never met Jongin. "Can you please continue? I don't want to walk right behind you in case something happens again." Someone said sarcastically behind her. Kyunghee swung around with a grin on her face because Jongin was stood behind her. He grinned when he saw her and she continued walking. "Are you worried about today?" Jongin asked her as he walked behind her, not to make it obvious they were walking together since everyone saw them fall together the other day.
"No, why would I be?" Kyunghee asked him confused.
"What if the storm starts again? If it does, I'll run straight to you." Jongin told her as she looked around and smiled to him.

 

"All students are permitted to stay inside of the school. Blankets will be delivered shortly to those who do not already have one. Girls will sleep in the main hall and boys will sleep in the sports hall." The head of the school said clearly through the speakers of the school and repeated them a number of times. When everyone thought the storm was finally over, it had worsened. Those who lived further away from the school they were at were permitted to stay in their schools as it was dangerous to travel home. The only friends Kyunghee had lived close to school so they went home, leaving Kyunghee alone. They were the only ones who knew what had happened to Kyunghee in the past and no one else knew. Kyunghee followed the other girls to the main hall and she settled down in a corner to herself, away from everyone else. She wanted to go home, she wanted to lie and say she lived closer. But she knew she wouldn't be able to. Kyunghee buried her head in her knees, "I want Jongin." She sighed to herself quietly. She never thought she would ever say that but she had, and she needed him.

 

"Why can't I leave?! I only want to go down the street!" Jongin cried out as he was stopped from leaving the school building.
"Yah! Kim Jongin! No one is allowed to leave! I never thought you would be the one to make a fuss!" One of the teachers called out to him as he walked down the corridor towards him.
"Aish!~ Just let me leave! It's my fault if I die in the storm. I don't care! Just let me leave!" Jongin shouted as he tried to push past the guards who were stood against the doors. He was pushed back into the corridor and landed on the floor. He sighed loudly and stood up angrily as he brushed himself down.
"Where do you want to go Jongin?" His teacher asked him.
"To the school down the street. Just let me go!" Jongin shouted at him. His teacher frowned at his response.
"Why do you want to go there?" He asked Jongin confused.
"It's none of your business! Let me go now!" Jongin said angrily.
"That school is doing the same as us. When you get there, do you really think they will let you in?" His teacher told him as he scoffed. Jongin shook his head angrily and stormed off down the corridor.

 

Jongin returned to his classroom where he sat down at his desk angrily. All he wanted to do was get to Kyunghee. He just wanted to sit with her and make sure she was ok. "What's wrong with you?" Some of his friends asked him when they noticed his reaction. He shook his head with an angry expression and stayed silent. 
Suddenly everything went black, girls began squealing and guys began shouting. Their teacher ran out of the classroom to find out what was happening and returned minutes later with a torch. "Ok everyone, we have had a powercut, they are trying to sort it out now." Their teacher told them all as people began panicking.
Everyone sat on their phones with the only source of light coming from their phone screens and torches which were placed around the room. They all heard footsteps and another teacher walked inside. "We can't fix the power, so we are all going to the school down the street and staying there because they have power and room for us all." He told them. Jongin looked up and his eyes lit up. Kyunghee. Kyunghee's school!

 

~

 

"Kyunghee!" Jongin shouted as he burst into the doors if the hall. All the girls sat up to see what was happening. Some of them were confused and others were squealing in excitement as they recognised Jongin. Kyunghee looked up and her eyes widened. 
"Kyunghee?!" He shouted again. Kyunghee stood up slowly as Jongin looked around and he noticed her. His face dropped when he saw her and she looked at him frozen. 
"Jongin..." Kyunghee stuttered. Jongin ran across to her and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tightly and whispers filled the room. "Jongin... people are looking." Kyunghee whispered to him but he didn't care and continued hugging her.
"I don't care. I needed to be with you." He told her. 
"Yah! What are you doing in here?!" A teacher shouted loudly which made everyone jump. Jongin quickly let go of Kyunghee and they both bowed their heads embarrassed. 
"You can't be in here! Boys are in the sports hall. Just because you are from the other school, doesn't mean you can go against our rules!" The teacher shouted. Jongin sighed and looked at Kyunghee.

 

"What would happen if we left?" Jongin asked the teacher. The teacher frowned and rolled her eyes. "The storms stopped for a while. So we can leave right?" Jongin asked again.
"No, you can't leave." The teacher said as she sighed loudly. Jongin turned to look at Kyunghee and smiled.
"If we leave now, we can get back before the storm starts again." He told her seriously. Kyunghee looked up at him and glanced outside the window. It was still raining heavily but the thundering and lightening had stopped. She looked back at Jongin and nodded. He smiled and picked up her bag as he held her hand.
"Let's go!" Jongin said as he pulled Kyunghee along with him and they ran out. All the girls squealed and the teachers began shouting and calling out after them. 
Running down the corridor, Kyunghee was showing Jongin where to run, there were heading towards a side classroom where the windows could open wide enough to get outside. Helping Kyunghee out of the window after him, they were finally outside. They ran across the school grounds together and out of the gates.

 

~

 

Jongin and Kyunghee darted inside Kyunghee's apartment, and began catching their breaths back from running. "We did it." Jongin said as they looked at each other and began laughing. Kyunghee grabbed some towels from the cupboard and threw one to Jongin.
"Were you waiting for me to come and rescue you?" Jongin asked Kyunghee with a grin. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. 
"I was just going to sit in the toilets away from everyone" Kyunghee told him as she began drying her hair. 
"Oh. It's a good thing I came and rescued you then." Jongin said happily as he also began drying his hair. Kyunghee smiled as Jongin stepped closer to her. He grabbed the ends of the towel which was on her head and leant in slowly. He pecked her lips quickly and leant back. She looked up at him with wide eyes and he quickly leant forward and pecked her lips again playfully. 
He leant back and Kyunghee looked up at him and smirked at his playful kisses. 
Jongin smiled before he picked Kyunghee up and she wrapped her legs around his torso like a bear, "Jung Kyunghee, I'll make you forget about the storm" Jongin told her as he crashed his lips against hers and carried her further into her apartment.