One

Because Of The Storm

Kyunghee tread across the icy path with her arms slightly outwards like a penguin. The last thing she wanted to do was fall over and embarrass herself in front of everyone else who was walking to school. She was almost at her school, she just had one more street to tackle and then she had made it. Without any accidents, without falling. Kyunghee managed to cross the road and headed down the last street. There were more students around since her school was near another school, but the other school was a private school, only the people from rich families went there but Kyunghee went to a normal school which anyone could attend. But the other school was always the talk around Kyunghee's school, especially the talk of the guys from the other school. But Kyunghee was never interested, she thought most of the guys from that school were ignorant, rude and self-centered. As Kyunghee wandered down the street, she began to feel unstable. Her feet kept sliding and she was losing her balance, especially when she had just entered an area of black ice without realising.

 

Kyunghee flung her arms around to try to balance herself and hit another person who was behind her. She stumbled around and fell backwards. The person behind her quickly stepped backwards to avoid her, but Kyunghee grabbed on to them without realising and pulled them down with her.
"Yah!" She heard a guy shout loudly behind her. Everybody around them stopped to see what was going on. Kyunghee cringed as she awkwardly pulled herself up. She looked behind her and a guy, wearing the uniform from the other school, was on the floor. He groaned and sat up as he glared at her angrily. 
"Oh! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Kyunghee quickly cried out as she rubbed her hands together apologetically. The guy stood up and brushed himself down as he sighed loudly. "Omo! Blood!" She then cried out as she pointed. The guy frowned touched his cheek, he then looked down at his hand and looked angrily at her.
"I'll see you later." He said in an annoyed tone as he stormed off.
"Eh?! Me?!" Kyunghee called out confused as she pointed to herself.

 

~

 

It was eventually the end of the day and Kyunghee left the school gates with her head down. She just wanted to get home as fast as she could. She was embarrassed and she was sore from when she fell in the morning, everyone in her school was talking about it and she just wanted to get away. But her day turned from bad to worse when she heard a whistle. She stopped and turned around to find the guy from earlier stood against a small fence beside the road on the pavement. "Aish~" Kyunghee sighed quietly, regretting her decision. She should have just ignored him and continued walking, but she didn't and stopped. 
"Ice Princess!~" The guy called out. Kyunghee swiftly turned around and began walking away until she felt a hand on her arm which stopped her. She was turned around and was face to face with him.
"You can't run away from me, you cut my face." He sighed annoyed. Kyunghee grimaced and nodded to him awkwardly.
"I'm really sorry! I really didn't mean to!" She cried out. 
"I don't care. Do you live far?" He asked Kyunghee. She frowned and shook her head as she began walking away.

 

"Yah!~ Why are you following me..?" Kyunghee stuttered.
"You can't get away from me that easily, you're my new friend. I'll have dinner with you and you can introduce me." He smirked.
"Introduce you? What?! I don't even know your name" Kyunghee sighed. The guy smirked again as he ran to catch up with her.
"My name is Jongin. Kim Jongin." Jongin told Kyunghee happily.
"Ok Jongin. Now leave." She told him bluntly. Jongin scoffed and shook his head as he remained to follow Kyunghee to where she lived. "Wow~ You're really going to." Kyunghee sighed.
They both entered Kyunghee's apartment building and once they reached her door, she tapped in her passcode to her apartment. She wandered inside, not even caring if Jongin followed her inside anymore because she knew he would have.
"Oh." Jongin said surprised.
"Oh?" Kyunghee mimicked him confused.

 

"I thought you would live in a house with your family, but you live alone in a small apartment." Jongin told her. Kyunghee rolled her eyes and put her bag down on the floor. Jongin put his backpack down as he began looking around curiously. Kyunghee looked at him and sighed before going to find her first aid kit. She pulled it down from the top of her bookshelf and walked across to Jongin.
"Sit down." She told him bluntly as she sat down. He smirked and sat down opposite her.
"Yes! Ice Princess!" He joked as Kyunghee grumbled and opened her first aid kit. "What are you doing?" He asked her.
"I'm sorting out your cuts then you can leave." She told him. 
"Thank you Kyunghee!~" Jongin said with a grin. Kyunghee frowned to him and then glanced at her fairy lights hung around the top of pinboard which said her name, that's how Jongin knew it.

 

Kyunghee began sorting out the cuts which Jongin had on his hands and the cut he had on his face. "Your hands are really warm" Jongin commented which made Kyunghee smirk slightly.
"That's because I wear gloves. Which you didn't and led to this" She said sarcastically as she pointed to the cuts on his hands. Jongin scoffed and stayed silent as he watched Kyunghee closely.
"What year are you in?" He then asked her. 
"I'm in my final year." Kyunghee told him as she finished sorting his cuts out. She closed her first aid box and Jongin nodded.
"Me too." He said calmly. Kyunghee stood up to put her fix aid box away, expecting Jongin to stand up to leave but he didn't.
"Can you leave now?" She asked him as she turned around and folded his arms. He looked at her and shook his head as he smirked. "What do you mean no!" Kyunghee whined to him.
"Food. Make me food, I'm hungry." Jongin told her. 
"What?!" She cried out. "Am I your slave?" Kyunghee whined.
"You dragged me down, you cut my hands and my cheek. Making me food is the least you can do." Jongin explained to her. Kyunghee rolled her eyes as she dragged her feet to her kitchen.

 

"Yes I will cook for you, maybe add all the spices I have in here for you." Kyunghee mumbled quietly under her breath.
"I can hear your from here!" Jongin called out loudly and Kyunghee's eyes widened as she hit in disbelief. She rolled her eyes again as she crouched down to look in her fridge.
"I don't like mushrooms by the way!" Jongin then called out.
"Oh what a shame! I was going to make mushroom soup!" Kyunghee called out sarcastically. Jongin smirked as he quietly made his way towards Kyunghee who had her back to him. He put his head over her shoulder and looked to see what she was doing. Kyunghee turned her head to the side to see Jongin's face right beside hers. She jumped and her eyes widened.
"Too close..." She stuttered awkwardly as she stepped to the side slightly. Jongin smirked as he held his hands up in a surrender position and stepped back.
"What are you cooking?" Jongin asked Kyunghee.
"Chicken soup." She told him and his eyes lit up.
"Chicken is my favourite." Jongin said happily.

 

"So, Jung Kyunghee. What are you like at school? Or should I guess? Loner? Sits alone? Doesn't talk much but gets good grades." Jongin asked Kyunghee as he began eating. 
Kyunghee looked up and glared at him as she pulled his bowl away from him so he couldn't eat from it. He whined and gulped loudly when he saw her glaring at her.
"Ok. So Kim Jongin, should I guess what you are like at school? Ignorant, self-obsessed, rude? Hm. Picks up girls, sleeps with them then drops them. Player? Should I continue?" Kyunghee said.
Jongin scoffed in disbelief and sat silent as Kyunghee pushed his bowl back towards him.
"Wow. That hurt." Jongin sighed as he began eating again.
"Yes. You are right. I am like that. But there's no need for you to be mean over it." Kyunghee said as she began eating.
"No. You are wrong." Jongin sighed which made Kyunghee pause and look back up at him. "I might be rude. I apologise for that. But I'm not a player. I don't pick up girls and drop them. I've never once done that." He explained calmly before eating again.

 

Kyunghee looked at him silently and watched him for a couple of seconds. Maybe he wasn't like she said, but he acted that way and she was sure she had heard his name around her school for sleeping with girls. "Why do you think that? Ah. Are there rumours about me around your school? They aren't true. My friends might be like that but I'm not." Jongin sighed which broke the awkward silence. Kyunghee just nodded awkwardly and carried on eating.
"Of course you don't believe me. People don't believe me when I say I've never dated, never kissed, never..." Jongin said which made Kyunghee cough and begin choking. Jongin quickly poured water into a cup and passed it to Kyunghee. She took it from him and quickly took sips of it.
"Thank you." She said as she sighed with relief. "I believe you..." She stuttered awkwardly which made Jongin smile. 

 

"It advised people stay indoors. For the next three days, there will be a storm across the whole of Seoul which has now begun. A storm like this has not happened in 20 years-" A news reporter said on Kyunghee's laptop which Kyunghee and Jongin were watching.
"Have you got spare blankets? Jongin joked.
"You better start getting home now before it gets worse." Kyunghee said as she stood up. Jongin jumped up after her and was given his backpack by Kyunghee. He pouted as he put his backpack on and followed Kyunghee to the door.
"You know, my house is the other side from here." He whined but Kyunghee didn't listen and opened the door for him.
"Goodbye Jongin." She said with a straight face.
"Thank you for the food." He said as he bowed his head and walked out. As soon as he was out, Kyunghee shut the door and took a loud sigh of relief. He had finally gone, but she didn't know if this was good or bad, because she couldn't bear being alone during a storm.

 

Kyunghee began laying out her blankets to go to sleep when there was a knock at her door. She paused and frowned. "Aish~ Did he forget something..." She grumbled to herself as she wandered towards the door. She opened it to find Jongin grinning. 
"They won't let me out of the building. The building owner stopped me. Looks like I'm staying!~" Jongin said excitedly as he walked past Kyunghee, back inside her apartment. 
Kyunghee scoffed and closed the door behind him, "What do you mean they won't let you leave?!" She whined loudly.
"They won't! Go down and check yourself. They said it's too dangerous since the storm is getting worst and to stay here!" Jongin cried out as he put his backpack down. Kyunghee flung her head back and grumbled loudly which made Jongin smirk.
"Do you have another set of blankets?" Jongin asked curiously.
Kyunghee looked back at him and shook her head, "no. I have one set. So you'll have to leave." She told him.
"No it's ok. I'm sure we can share." He said with a smirk which made Kyunghee's mouth drop open in disbelief.

 

Kyunghee sat on her blankets with her head resting on her knees which she was hugging. She heard the door of the bathroom click and Jongin wandered out in some different clothes which he had in his backpack. "You can sleep over there" Kyunghee told him as she pointed across the room.
"What am I meant to sleep on or sleep under?!" Jongin whined. Kyunghee shrugged and laid down on her blankets as she pulled her blanket over her. Jongin watched her and scoffed. 
Suddenly a loud clap of thunder broke the silence in the room and lightening lit the room up. Kyunghee squealed loudly and hid under her blankets as she began shaking.
"Oh seriously. You're one of those girls scared of storms." Jongin scoffed. Kyunghee stayed silent under her blankets and Jongin frowned. He crouched down beside her and lifted the blankets up slightly. Kyunghee was frozen, she was shaking and her face was covered in tears. "Oh. You really are scared..." He stuttered. 

 

Jongin sighed before crawling underneath Kyunghee's blankets beside her and wrapping his arms around her. "Sorry Kyunghee, bear with me for a little while. I'm cold and you're scared so this is helping both of us..." Jongin stuttered awkwardly. He expected Kyunghee to push him away or scream at him but she didn't. Instead she wrapped her arms around him tightly and buried herself into him. Jongin's eyes widened as Kyunghee's actions but smiled and her head gently. Every clap of thunder and every flash of lightening, Kyunghee whined and jumped, she hugged Jongin tighter and he kept her securely in his arms. 
"Are you asleep yet?" Jongin whispered quietly after a while and felt Kyunghee's head shake against his chest. "Try and sleep whilst the thunder's gone." He told her but Kyunghee shook her head again which made Jongin frown. "Why?" He asked her confused.