Chapter 1

Flower Under the Moon

Stupid Gravity

and

The Truth That Comes with it 

____________________________________________

Lies. I've been told lies all my life, so much that I know when someone is actually lying. I've also gotten pretty good at it myself. The very first time I realised someone was lying to me was at my dad's funeral. I remember that day so well, everyone held pity behind their eyes, a woman in a polished suit has walked up to me as everyone was leaving, and told me that everything was going to be 'just fine'

Honestly, I didn't know how she thought I would actually believe it. Sure it may have worked on a five or six year old, but I was twelve. Correction thirteen, the day before had been my birthday which I had spent all alone. I was a freaking teenager, which meant that I knew how things worked. I knew that my life was officially over after that. 

If you're wondering how my father had died well let me tell you. He didn't just die, he was murdered. By an out of control bloodsucker. I should know I had been there. I was hiding in the closet, and if it hadn't been for the promise I made my dad to stay in there no matter what, I would have ran out there the minute I saw blood. When the police had finally arrived the killer was already gone, then they found me huddled up in the closet. 

All of these things that had happened had made me the person I am right now. A snoopy brat that steals things, lies so much that it's become a habit, laughs at really stupid things, and is such an idiot that she stole from an Idol! And Idol! That's where I'm at right now. My breath uneven, sweating running down from my armpits, muscles screaming, and a giant phoenix chasing me.

You see Idols are famous ability wielders. They are basically praised and loved by, almost, everyone. They are also the protectors. South Korea has many protectors, one of them is Park Chanyeol. Also known as the Phoenix by some. He is a fire welder who gets his gift from the legendary fire bird. Also the guy who happened to be in front me, and had a wod if cash in his wallet that may or may not have been sticking out of his back pocket.

I couldn't believe my eyes when he turned around and grabbed my hand, his hand warm and getting warmer. I thought that I was careful, but I wasn't. Fortunately, I has screamed and he, in shock, had let go of me letting me get away. Unfortunately, he had a crazy phoenix chasing after me. So, I'm basically doomed.

 

I heard the bird screech from behind me, but didn't dare look. I was afraid to know how close it really was. Although, depending on that screech it wasn't that far. My mind was spinning, I needed to distract the creature. I glanced at my surroundings and found myself about a block or two from the Han river. Great! I remembered hearing two men talk about how that was where all the kids going to the moon schools. 

The moon schools weren't actually schools on the moon, they were three elite schools for ability wielders and transformers. No not like Optimus Prime, transformers was a name for those who look different from humans or are shape shifters. If I could get there on time, maybe I could try to blend in with the kids. Then that dumb bird won't be chasing my anymore. 

My vision caught a woman walking, obviously to what was happening behind her, and a jacket. Running past her, I flexed out my arm and ripped her jacket from her. The lady let out a sudden gasp and yelled at me, but when the Phoenix passed her dropped open, and she stood there schocked. I smirked, and it got wider when I saw the bridge. Slipping in arm into the jacket, I ran faster although my muscles were protesting. 

The buses were all set up in a straight line. Kids of different heights and sizes waiting to board. Some let out weird noises as I passed, maybe pushed, through them. Finally putting the jacket correctly, and zipping it up, I stood beside a couple of friends who seemed to be in a very serious conversation. I knew that if I didn't want to be caught I had to blend in, and a great way to do that was to pretend that your were in a conversation with other people. Take notes please, this might help you in the future. 

I stayed beside a girl with two luggage, one on each side, so it looked like one of those was mine. A stranger walked by with a baseball hat on, and as he passed I quickly grabbed the hat putting it on to blend in better. Then, I stared at the girl in the center of the little friendship circle I had got into, and pretended that I was listening and paying attention. It seemed like she the was the leader or something. Looking at the rest I noticed that there were four guys and two other girls. Seven in total, but now it was about to become eight. 

Soon the buses started to load. I stayed back not knowing what to do. Glancing back at where I had came from and didn't see the Phoenix. Maybe it had flew away? Or maybe it was hiding. Looking up I stared at the hot and blazing sun. That's weird, it's near the end of summer it shouldn't be this hot. 

All of a sudden I saw it. It's green eyes contrasted from the orange and yellow sun. It's wings spread open and it dove straight down. Right at me. Stupid! I've should have known it was hiding against the sun! 

My body turned to fled onto the buses, but I was met with horror when I saw that they were already moving. The last bus was at least one meter from me. So I ran, I know that I've been running a lot and it's take a huge impact on me, but I couldn't stop now. I could feel the hot wave of the Phoenix and it drive me to go faster. The vehicles started to go faster.

The bridge started to lift up, and I almost fell. I was in full on panic mode. I felt like I had asthma, because I couldn't breathe at all. This was how they got everyone over to the schools, through a portal into another dimension or world. The first bus jumped off and disappeared through a gaunt portal. More followed after, and soon the last one was also off. I thought I could do it as well.

On the edge when the last one set off, I bent my knees and jumped. My arms were reached out trying to grab onto it. Yet, I couldn't. My jump was sloppy and didn't have enough power in it. Like I said beforw I'm doomed.

Even though for a second I thought that I was airborn. I felt free and happy, and it was all a lie. Because of stupid gravity I was falling down into the water. Oh and did I forget to mention that I couldn't swim and I'm afraid of heights? Gravity always brings out the reality out of things. Like that moment when you're  on a trampoline and you feel like you're flying. Then it all comes crashing down when you go down.

That's the reality, the truth. And the truth . I should know. I've experienced it many times, along with right now.

I screamed out as I fell. My arms flapping like a bird. Speaking of bird where was that stupid one that's been the cause of all of this? I need to have a word with him or her before I die. I felt my eyes close as I fell closer to the water.

But I felt something grabbed the jacket I was wearing. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw that my feet were right above the water. And there was the flaming bird holding me. I stared at its eyes, my body twisting around. I felt like it was giving me the stink eye, so I returned it. 

"What? You think I'm gonna thank you after you chased me for so long? Yeah right!" The creature let out a weird noise before flying up to the bridge. When I dropped me down, I gave a huge scowl. Then I heard someone clear their throat. 

Looking up I saw the famous Park Chanyeol. He had this small smirk on his face like he had won. He kneeled down and opened his hand. I thought he was offering a hand to help me up, but nope I was wrong, again.

"Now, where's my wallet?" Wow. His voice was really deep. I sheepishly smiled, as I stood up on my own and dusted my self off. His smirk feel down a little at my smile.

"Uh, sorry. I kind of lost it while I was being chased by your maniac bird." The bird let out a screech from the sky. Gosh, when will it stop doing that? 

"Seriously?" Mr. Macho seemed a chocked and in disbelief.

"Yeah, seriously." My voice held sarcasm.

"Hey, watch it. I can still through you into the river, you know? And it's pretty obvious that you can't swim, based on all the screaming you were doing back there." I gritted my teeth, and my face flushed. Bastard. 

"Well, maybe if you had kindly let me steal your wallet, like everyone elese, we wouldn't be in this mess!" 

"Oh quit your whining. You're in serious trouble as it is, you don't want to be in more." He rolled his eyes me, which I scoffed at.

"No , sherlock."

"Oh trust me, there's gonna be a lot of ." Chanyeol grabbed my arm and started to drag me. My face scrunched up in disgust. 

"Ew."

"Yeah, ew indeed."

"No. I mean 'ew' let go of me."

"No can do, princess."

"Don't call me that!"

"Okay, okay. Yeesh."

"I need to use the bathroom!"

"Well, maybe you should have gone before."

"Hey you're the one talking about , and now I need to ! Literally."

"Hey don't pin this on me! You started with the anyway."

"Ugh!"

"Just hold it in."

"Where are we even going?"

"To your worst nightmare."

"Oh ."

"Just kidding."

"ing bastard!"

____________________________________________

Hope you guys liked it. Please comment on anything that could help me! Thank you!