Uneasiness

The Mafia Hyung
Please log in to read the full chapter

     The school’s bell ringing signing that the last classes of the day finally end. The empty and silence hallways a few minutes ago gradually filled with the students who are either heading straight home after a long and tiring day in classes, stay back for a club activities or the smart and diligent student especially the 3rd year students would stay for a while at the library to revise and prepares for the upcoming exam. Not to mention, the youth with a huge social circles would prefers hanging out with their friends more before going home late in the evening. Whatever it is, Gongchan is neither a smart nor a social student but he is devoted to his Karate club so after the classes end, he would stay behind to practice and to teach his underclassmen.

 “Front kick! One! Two! Three! Four! Again! One! Two! Three! Four!...” Gongchan command as he checking each of the first’s years kicking stance while correcting some of them. “ Remember, kick at least at the height of your chest, the higher the better! Side kick, one! Two! Sehun, don’t get lazy, lift up your leg more.” Sehun startled when his name was mentioned ’Geez, how did hyung know , my legs going numb.’. “Y-yes!”.

“Showw! Bow! Alright, that’s all for today. Tomorrow we will learn new moves so I hope you don’t forget what you learn today, okay. That’s all, you are dismisses.”

     “Kansahamnida!!”  The first years thank Gongchan at the same time before picking up their things to return home. Gongchan also about to pick up his things before someone pat him on the shoulder. “Yo, gongchan! Good work for today.” The back-belt man who is one year older shows his stunning and attractive smile to Gongchan. Gongchan returned back the smiles and reach a bottle of mineral water before hand it to his hyung. “Good work too, hyung and eww, you are so sweaty. What did u teach the second year?”

“Ehh,, meanie Gongchan.. sweaty is a prove of manliness you know.” Chanyeol stand proudly while trying to show off his sweaty chocolate abs to Gongchan. Gongchan just stared at his hyung with a disgust and unbelievable face”That is not manly at all hyung.”

” Hahaha, just kidding just kidding, don’t make that face. Hurm,, what we did today?  nothing much. We just sparring today. Damn, they have improved so much. I’m afraid they would surpass me one day. “Chanyeol pretended to sob although he did feel insecure of having his position as one of the strongest Karate student in the school being taken by one of his underclassmen and the nearest possibility of them all is Gongchan. Well, Gongchan may have surpass him if it weren’t for his problems. “ Nah, you are really strong hyung. I’m sure no one can surpass you.” Gongchan said, matter of fact.

“Of course! No one can surpass me, but, I think u already surpass me Gongchan. You are really strong and talented. Even though you are still a 2nd year student, you already a black belt, I’m so jealous!!. If it’s not because of your asthma, you could even go to national competition, what a waste.. eh!” Chanyeol stops talking when he saw Gongchan’s expression changes, his faces gloomy and traces of hurt can be seen on it. Chanyeol immediately realized what he had said earlier and gasped. “Ark! No..G-gongchan…sorry, I shouldn’t mentioned that,,mianhaeeee..”

     Gongchan shook his head lightly and gives him a small smile. “It’s okay hyung. It’s in the past.” Gongchan reassured his hyung by trying to tell him that he is fine but deep in his heart, there is a sense of regret and depressed when he is remind of what happen during last year’s Karate competition. It is the last sparring between the semi-finalist and the winner of the sparring would be able to advance to the final. Only the finalist is qualified to participate in the national competition. However, the angel of luck is not on the Gongchan’s side. A few minutes into the sparring, Gongchan suddenly felt stuffy and difficult to breath, as if he was breathing through straw and air seems to enter less and less into his lungs. It was during that time, his long forgotten asthma suddenly decided to return and attack him in the middle of the competition. His condition worsen thus, the referee decided to stop the sparring, resulting in a default win by his competitors whereas Gongchan was immediately sent to the hospitals. Gongchan’s body was fragile since birth and he oftenly would get asthma’s attack but the disease disappear through time and growth so, it is a mystery on why would the disease come back again now. Since then, Gongchan is forbid by his brothers to do something tiring and exhausted, even the karate but Gongchan still wouldn’t give up karate. He is fine as long as he is not pushing himself too hard.

“Gongchan, hey, gongchan”. Chanyeol waves his hand in front of Gongchan faces when he seems to be in a deep thought.

Chanyeol’s voice startled Gongchan and brought him back to reality.“E-eh, what, hyung?”

“Are you thinking about that time?” Chanyeol scrunched his face, unhappy to see Gongchan being in dispirited.

“No hyung, I’m not.” Gongchan denied while keeping his poker face. “ I’m going now Chanyeol hyung.  Jinyoung hyung might be waiting now. See you tomorrow. ” Gongchan bow politely to his hyung and turned his back.

Chanyeol stared at Gongchan’s for a while. ‘Seriously, this kid loves to keep everything to himself even though he is like an open book. Yah! I have known you since you are a brat in middle school! ‘ Chanyeol groan internally. “ Wait, Gongchan.”  

 Chanyeol scratched his head awkwardly. “You know Gongchan, as you said earlier, past is a past. Don’t keep reminiscing about the past, there is a reason to everything that happened so don’t keep blaming yourself. I’m… not good with words but, as your hyung, all I can say is don’t push yourself too hard okay, your friends, me and even your annoying brothers are always here for you. Just, don’t keep everything to yourself.” Chanyeol said with an earnest smile and pat on Gongchan’s head.  It’s been long since he wants to say those words to Gongchan but never had the chance since being serious is so not his style. He is a goofy and happy virus afterall!!

“Hyung,, you…” Gongchan stared at Chanyeol with a glassy eyes. “ Gongchan…” Chanyeol’s eyes teary and open up his arms to hug Gongchan. ‘This is the moment!! The heartwarming bond between junior and senior!! come to your hyung,Gongchan!!’ 

“Hyung, which drama did you pick that line from?” Gongchan suddenly ask with a poker face. Chanyeol froze.  

“W-WHAT???”Chanyeol deadpanned. “YAH!! YOU RUINED THE MOMENT!! AND HYUNG BEING SERIOUS HERE!”

“HAHH???? What moment are you talking about? And, eehhhhh??? You are being serious?? NO WAY!!” Gongchan make a shocked and unbelievable face to Chanyeol.

“ IT’S THAT MOMENT!! YOU BRAT!!” Chanyeol grab Gongchan’s collar and speak loudly at his ear to make him understand.

Gongchan quickly close his ear with both of his palms and grab his hyung’s collar harshly too.“LIKE I SAID,, WHAT MOMENT?? AND YOU ARE STINK HYUNG”

“W-WH-“

“Ehem ehem”

Please log in to read the full chapter