02-

THE LAST HOME [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Kyungwan.

"morning....."

Jeongyeon woke up from the night that he spend with the girl. He walks to kitchen, just found his little brother making ramen for breakfast.

 

"where's she??"

 

"ahh... she just go home 10 minutes ago. She left this for you." 

Chaeyoung give a paper to him, Jeongyeon took it and smile widely.

 

"seems you did good job last night...."

 

"I'm not Jeongyeon if I'm not good, Son Chaeyoung."

 

"full of yourself. Breakfast is ready....." Chaeyoung heading to dinning table while bringing a pot of ramen.

 

 

"woohoo~ RAMEN!!!"

 

Jeongyeon quickly take chopsticks and spoon from Chaeyoung's hand. Chaeyoung look at him disbelief.

 

"Hyung...."

 

"hm?"

 

"before she exactly go, she tell me that.... last night... you had a nightmare. You still got those nightmares?"

 

Jeongyeon didn't looking at him, he nodded his head.

" I wanted those nightmares disappear but I don't know how."

 

 "maybe you should forgive them."

 

Once Jeongyeon heard it, he put the chopsticks down, looking at him emotionless.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to–"

 

"you know I can't, Chaeng. After what have they done... It's unforgiven."

 

 

Gwangju, 2015

It's been a week that Jeongyeon's mom hospitalized. His mother awake but didn't show any improvement. His mother keep lying on hospital bed, lifeless. 
But she still could smile sweetly to her beloved son. Every Jeongyeon come back from school, he always went to hospital visits his mother. He always been there for her. And everyday he keep try to call his father. Hoping his father come back but no.

 

"Omma, one more spoon please...."

 

"Jeongie, omma full now."

 

"you just ate five spoon and already full?"

 

"really... Omma can't eat anymore or omma stomach will explode."

 

"arraseo, I won't force you then."

 

Jeongyeon put the bowl at the table near the bed. He take the water and give his mother drink. 

He rest his head on his mother arm, his mother caressing his hair.

"how's school, Jeongie?"

 

" just like usual, I got full mark of math again."

 

"aigoo.... Omma baby boy so clever~"

 

"stop it, hyung more clever than me. I only could do math."

 

" don't say that. Look at me...." Jeongyeon looking at his mother.

 

"You take care of me, you even can take care of yourself when I'm not around. You're the most clever boy. Omma love you the most, Jeongie... Don't tell your hyung, okay?"

 

Jeongyeon giggled after he heard his mother sentence but he still found it sad.

 

"Omma won't leave me, right? Omma will get better, right?"

 

"of course Omma won't leave you. Omma will always be with you. Beside you."

 

"I love you, omma. One day I want to find a girlfriend just like you. Calling me 'Jeongie' with the sweetest smiles."

 

"and that girl will be the lucky one to have you. I can't wait to see you grow up and have a girlfriend and then married."

 

"just promise me you will get better...."

 

" I promise.... and promise me you will find your appa and hyung."

 

"I promise..."

 

They having normal talks till Jeongyeon fall asleep.

 

The next day, just like a normal day for Jeongyeon. At the morning he went to school before he visit his mother.
School time has ended, Jeongyeon quickly run off to hospital while holding his korean subject exam result. He run with his happy feelings, this is the first time he could past korean subject more than 80 score.

"Omma will happy if she know."

 

He keep his running till the exam paper lost from his grib and fall into the hole with water. He stop and groaned, he walk toward the paper and found it already wet.

He take the paper, "haaaish! How can I show it to omma if it's wet? But I think omma won't mind."

 

He continue his running to hospital with the wet exam result paper on his hand. Once he arrived at hospital, he saw nurses and doctor running towards his mother's room. He start to feel worry, he faster his speed. 

He entered the room, he saw the nurses put any equipment to his mother.

"OMMA!!!!"

 

One of the nurse recognize his present, she went to where's Jeongyeon standing and take his out from the room.

"I want to see my omma!!!! What happened to her??!!!"

 

"Jeongyeon-ssi, please calm down. The doctor trying his best right now. Please pray for your mother."

 

After heard the nurse said, Jeongyeon sit on the chair and start praying.

He keep praying for almost 10 minutes till the doctor open the door. He opened his eyes, and quickly run inside the room.

He feel like his world has stop. He found his mother lying lifeless, hopeless, emotionless. All the room become silents except the sound of the monitor that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter