What is this petty jealousy?

My bestfriend's girl

 

 

SEUNGHYUN

I carefully manoeuvred in between the crowd of students who were all bustling around getting their lunch. I was a well-known klutz and carrying the tray of food I had in my hand was a task. I plopped myself on the empty bench in front of Alice who was already immersed in her own food. She looked up from her food and smiled.

“So yesterday appa said he wanted me to try for a medical scholarship at Harvard.”

Alice chocked on her food and snorted. I ignored the snigger that was beginning to form on her pretty face.

“But I told him I wanted to do Art and history studies. And I looked into some schools. There’s this one school in New York, NYU that offers a scholarship especially for international students. How cool is that?”

“Wow, New York? That’s like the other side of the earth.”

“Wait. Wait. I also took the liberty to fine a school for you and there is this awesome culinary school also offering scholarships and guess where it is!”

“New York?”

“YES!! We won’t go to the same school but we’ll be in the same city and we can share a shoebox apartment, I mean for the mean time before we can afford our own place. Isn’t it awesome?” I excitedly babbled.

“Wait shoebox apartment? With you? Sharing with you?” a sadistic expression was painted across her face.

“Well yeah. I’m not going to let you share with strangers.”

“But New York? You are dead serious about this?”

“Yeah! We’ve been saying this place is a dead end since forever. A new city, a fresh start, a new adventure. Alice and Seunghyun against New York City, the big apple!”

“THAT SOUNDS CRAZY AWESOME!! I’m so excited!” She squealed happily in her seat. As we were happily planning our future, Bom approached our table. I always wondered how she managed to make the school uniform look extra y and a little too short for school. Her long milky legs glowed every time the light hits her. Her extensive shimmering black hair flipped with every step she took towards our table.

“Hey Seunghyun! I haven’t seen you in a while.”

Bom’s adorable smile was really captivating. How her eyes twinkled when she talked. She was amazing. She lightly touched my arm, giving it a cheeky squeeze.

“I erm yeah busy. long time no see. I had nothing. I mean I dunno. How are you?” I was tripping over my words over and over again so I ended up giving Bom a really goofy smile.

“I’m good. See you later handsome.” She said as she walked away from our table. I was grinning from ear to ear and I could feel the heat escaping my face. I was trying so hard to keep myself calm and collected.

“What was that? Pathetic.” Alice looked at me amused and bewilderedly.

“I told you she was into me.”

“You were lucky she didn’t trip over your tongue that was dragging half way across the room.”

“Ouch. Well if you’re so good, give me some tips then. Oh wise one! Tell me how to seduce a woman that is apparently way out of my league?”

“Is that even a serious question?” she questioned mockingly.

“Well yeah. Teach me.”

“Well for starters, you are at a disadvantage being a….” Alice stood up from her seat and pulled me closer so she could speak into my ears.

“” she whispered.

“Shut up.”

“No its ok. We can work with that. You just have to keep your cool. Show her you’re interested but not too interested like you can take it or leave it.”

“Ok.”

“Then show her you see something in her, like her soul or something.”

“While also at the same time ignoring her? You are so messed up Alice.”

“Take my advice or not I don’t care.”

“She’s been hinting for me to take her to the school dance.” I brought up the topic in full caution.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, imagine. That’s so crazy.”

“Well, take her if you want to.”

“No, I can’t leave you.”

“It’s fine. Jiyong asked me too.”

“Oh he did? What did you say?”

“I told him I’m going with you. But if going with Bom means so much to you then be my guest. I’ve got the most popular guy of our year asking me, I will be fine.”

“So this is all very convenient for you then?”

“Yeah.” She answered with full determination. Her voice seemed to be daring me.

“Alright I’ll go ask her then.”

“Go for it.” She dared.

 

 

 

 

ALICE

Seunghyun stood up from his seat in front of me and with his game face on he made his way towards the table where Bom was sitting. I didn’t turn over to look. Merely looking with the edge of my eyes, I could make out that Bom was on her feet jumping happily as she kissed Seunghyun’s cheeks. I didn’t know what sparked inside me but something did ignite in me seeing her touch him that way. Why was petty jealousy infesting deep inside me?

 

 

Well, that was the beginning of the end because Seunghyun began spending more and more of his time with Bom. There were days when he would forget to come over to my house for our usual study sessions. Walking back from school became lonelier since he would normally walk Bom home first. Our usual ice cream trip to the convenient store became a one person lonesome affair. There were times when she would tag along making me the third wheel and having to watch them as they into each other’s face every now and then or how they would call each other pet names nonstop. Slowly I was beginning to fade away from his life, funny how someone who can give you your happiest days can hurt you the worst.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

one update is enough I guess? or are you guys craving for more? let me know what do you predict is gonna happen next.