Chapter 5.

Girl Group Oneshot Collection

Jieqiong, Eunwoo, Yewon, Sungyeon and Kyla all decided to go roller skating for Eunwoo's birthday. Sungyeon and Yewon were skating around the roller rink at an unreasonably fast pace, whilst Kyla fumbled around at the sides, too afraid to let go. Jieqiong and Eunwoo were just going at their own pace, enjoying themselves whilst listening to the music and occasionally pushing each other around and playing. Suddenly, the music stopped and the lights dimmed.

"Please welcome Party Panda to the rink!"

A lot of children screamed with excitement. Someone dressed in a panda costume, the mascot for the rollerskating company, came out onto the rink and started skating around and interacting with the kids. The group ended up watching at the side.

"Imagine having that as a job." Eunwoo laughed.

"I think it's cute!" Yewon whined.

"I bet it gets really hot in that costume." Sungyeon mumbled.

"Do you ever wonder how weird that must be? Like... That's probably some random middle aged guy in that costume being all gross and sweaty." Kyla said.

They continued to watch Party Panda skate around with the children for the next twenty minutes, before Party Panda went back to wherever they'd come from.

"Let's get food, I'm starving." Jieqiong said.

The others agreed and they left the rink and went to the restaurant which was situated in the same building as the rink. They all ordered their food before sitting down. When their order was called, they forced Jieqiong to get up and grab the food.

Jieqiong grumbled to herself as she walked to the front to grab the trays with their food when she saw someone sitting down in a costume. It was Party Panda, and they were sat with two girls. Jieqiong watched as Party Panda took off the head of their costume. Jieqiong almost dropped the trays of food.

Party Panda was probably one of the most beautiful girls Jieqiong had ever seen. Her heart began to race and she felt her cheeks begin to flush as she stared, before a hand on her shoulder brought her back down to Earth.

"We've been shouting you for ages, what are you doing?" It was Eunwoo, and she didn't sound impressed.

Jieqiong turned around. "I was daydreaming, sorry."

They both went back to their table, but Jieqiong kept glancing in the direction of where Party Panda was sitting.

She knew she had to find out what Party Panda's name actually was and get to know her, but how?

When they were done with roller skating, they went back to Eunwoo's and had a sleepover, but Jieqiong was planning something so she could see Party Panda more.

 

Next weekend came and Jieqiong found herself at the roller skating place again. She decided to sit and watch this time. Surely enough, Party Panda made a few appearances that day.

Jieqiong didn't talk to her though. She didn't know how to approach her without it sounding weird.

 

About a month later, Party Panda finally noticed she was being watched.

"Hey, Nayoung, have you ever noticed that girl, she's always here, only at the weekends though." Minkyung said as Nayoung sat down at the table where they always went when Nayoung's shift was coming to an end.

Nayoung frowned. "What girl?"

Minkyung paused for a moment, before pointing in Jieqiong's direction. "That girl."

Nayoung looked at Jieqiong. The girl did seem familiar.

"Maybe she just really likes roller skating?" Nayoung shrugged.

"No. She likes you, idiot." Minkyung said, flicking Nayoung's shoulder.

 

Jieqiong ended up at Eunwoo's house again after that.

"Where did you go?" Eunwoo asked as Jieqiong flopped on the bed.

"The roller rink." Jieqiong mumbled.

"The roller rink?" Eunwoo suddenly laughed. "You're always there! Why?"

"Can I be honest with you?" Jieqiong sighed.

Eunwoo nodded. "Sure, go ahead."

"I'm in love with Party Panda." Jieqiong said.

Eunwoo instantly burst into laughter and it took her a few minutes to recover.

"Party Panda? Jieqiong? Really?" Eunwoo giggled.

"I mean the girl under the Party Panda costume!" Jieqiong whined. "She's cute."

"Have you ever spoken to her?" Eunwoo asked.

Jieqiong sighed, shaking her head. "No... I don't even think she knows I exist."

"Then talk to her! You need to! You can't just continue watching her. It's creepy."

Jieqiong wished it was just as easy as saying to go talk to Party Panda, but she just didn't know how to.

 

"Look, that girl is here again." Minkyung said as they saw Jieqiong stood near the rink.

"Ooh, is that your girlfriend, Nayoung?" Kyungwon teased.

"She's not my girlfriend, I don't even know who she is." Nayoung grumbled.

"Please welcome Party Panda to the rink!"

"Do not say anything to her." Nayoung glared at the two, before she put the head of her costume on and skated out to the rink.

"Let's go talk to her." Minkyung said with a grin.

They moved over to the other side of the rink where Jieqiong was stood before approaching her.

"Hey, you, what's your name?" Kyungwon asked.

Jieqiong turned around. "I... Uh... Jieqiong. Why? Did I do something wrong?"

Kyungwon laughed shaking her head. "Of course not! We just noticed that you're here a lot. Is it because you like Party Panda?"

Jieqiong looked away, her cheeks turning a little red. "Uh... I guess so."

Minkyung squealed, clutching her chest. "That's so cute! I can't believe our Nayoung finally has an admirer, even when she's wearing that dumb panda costume!"

"Do you want us to tell her that you like her? We can get her to talk to you if you like!" Kyungwon said with a bright smile.

"I... Uhm... I think that would be nice." Jieqiong mumbled, looking away shyly.

"It's fine, Jieqiong. You can trust us!" Minkyung said, patting the smaller girl's shoulder. "We'll make sure she'll talk to you!"

"Minky, we gotta go, the manager--" Kyungwon started.

"Alright, bye Jieqiong!" Minkyung waved before she was pulled off by Kyungwon.

Jieqiong turned her attention back to Party Panda, who's name was apparently Nayoung according to what the two had said. Nayoung was coming to the end of playing with the children, so she did a few more laps of the rink before skating off. Jieqiong noticed when Nayoung took off the head of her costume, she glanced in her direction. So did Nayoung know she was watching?

 

Nayoung stormed over to Kyungwon and Minkyung who were stood together in a corner.

"You spoke to her." Nayoung growled.

"Yeah, because you weren't going to unless we did." Kyungwon mumbled.

"What did you say? I hope you didn't scare her off." Nayoung sighed, looking at the two.

"Her name is Jieqiong, and she likes you. She wants you to talk to her." Minkyung said. "That's all. The ball's in your court, Nayoung."

"I swear I could kill you two..." Nayoung hissed, before she walked off to go and entertain some more children.

Her shift ended a few hours later and she ended up sat in the restaurant with Minkyung and Kyungwon.

"Talk to her, Nayoung. She's sat over there." Kyungwon said, grinning.

"Shut up." Nayoung grumbled.

"I'll go get her!" Minkyung gasped.

"Don't you da--" Nayoung started, but it was too late.

Minkyung ran across the restaurant to Jieqiong, before pointing to their table, then she dragged the smaller girl over to sit with them.

"Now you can speak to Nayoung for yourself! She doesn't bite." Minkyung was saying as she sat Jieqiong down in the seat opposite Nayoung.

"Uh.. Hi." Jieqiong said quietly, glancing over at Nayoung, before continuing. "I'm Jieqiong."

"It's nice to meet you, Jieqiong." Nayoung mumbled back. "I'm Nayoung."

"Well, this is a delightful conversation." Kyungwon said, before she started chatting away about something random to try and get everyone to socialise.

They must have been sat there for about two hours talking. Jieqiong and Nayoung had gotten closer, their interactions were a little less awkward. Talking to Nayoung only made Jieqiong like her more. Minkyung and Kyungwon ended up going back to their shared apartment where they had another friend, Yebin. Nayoung was going to get the bus home. Jieqiong was walking in the other direction when Nayoung called her over.

"Hey, Jieqiong!"

Jieqiong turned around, approaching the older girl. "Yes?"

"We... We should exchange numbers." Nayoung said.

"Oh, yeah. That would be nice." Jieqiong said.

They put their numbers in each other's phones before going their separate ways.

 

They texted back and forth for weeks. Nayoung had convinced Jieqiong not to come to the roller rink at the weekend and they could meet up any time they wanted, which they did a few times. Jieqiong found out that Nayoung was in her first year of college. Jieqiong was in her final year of high school so she wasn't that much younger than Nayoung. They continued texting for at least a month, before Jieqiong turned up at the roller rink again with some flowers.

"Are those for Nayoung?!" Minkyung gasped as soon as she saw them.

Jieqiong nodded. "We've been texting for a while and... I wanna ask her to be mine and then go on a date and stuff."

Minkyung almost screamed. "Wait till I tell Kyungwon, she'll die!"

Jieqiong went and saw Nayoung was skating around the rink with a bunch of kids. She knew Nayoung had seen her, because of the way she slowed down because she got distracted.

When Nayoung was done, she left the rink, took off the panda head and approached the younger girl.

"What are you doing here?" Nayoung asked. "You know you don't have to, we can meet up whenever you want--"

"I got you these." Jieqiong said, holding the flowers out. "And uh... I just... I wanted to ask if you wanted to be mine and.... Go on a date and stuff."

Nayoung instantly broke out into a smile. "You're so precious. Of course, but I gotta finish my shift first and go home and get changed, then we can go."

"Well, a date can be anything..." Jieqiong hesitated for a moment. "Like... We could go to yours and just order pizza and watch movies?"

"Sounds good. Let's do that, then." Nayoung said, before she leant closer to peck Jieqiong's cheek. "I'll see you soon." Then she put the head of her costume back on and skated off.

When Jieqiong looked over at where Minkyung had been stood, Kyungwon was now there with her and they were both screaming.

 

So, Nayoung and Jieqiong were dating. And then she had to explain it to Eunwoo.

"Hey. Eunwoo?" Jieqiong looked up at the other girl who was currently sprawled out across the couch.

"Yeah?" Eunwoo looked up.

"You know uh... That girl I like?"

"What about her?"

"She's my girlfriend."

"You're dating Party Panda!" Eunwoo screeched, bursting into laughter.

 

Jieqiong could never quite get rid of her friends calling Nayoung Party Panda, and they often .

"I can't believe you're in love with Party Panda!"

But she didn't care. Nayoung was her Party Panda and they made each other very happy.