Chapter 4.

Girl Group Oneshot Collection

"Hey! Heehyun!"

It was a party. Chaeyeon and Heehyun had just got a new apartment, so they'd decided to invite a ton of people over. Chaeyeon was somewhere in the crowd, and Heehyun had just been called outside to the balcony by one of her friends, Kim Nayoung.

"So, how are things between you two? Buying a new apartment together must've been exciting." Nayoung said.

"Things are great. Picking the right apartment was annoying though. Chae was really fussy, I'm pretty sure we looked at like a hundred apartments before she decided she liked this one." Heehyun sighed. "How about you and Sejeong?"

"We're good. Sejeong still doesn't want to move out of her tiny box apartment though." Nayoung grumbled. "She's stubborn."

Heehyun laughed, before reaching into her pocket for a cigarette and a lighter.

"I thought you stopped doing that years ago." Nayoung frowned as she watched Heehyun light the cigarette.

Heehyun shrugged. "I did, but then I started again. Chae doesn't know."

"Chae doesn't know what?"

Heehyun froze.

"Heehyun, turn around."

Chaeyeon suddenly came closer.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." Heehyun mumbled before turning around slowly.

"Is that a cigarette?" Chaeyeon grabbed Heehyun's wrist, holding up the hand holding the cigarette.

Heehyun nodded slowly. "It is."

Chaeyeon quickly took the cigarette out of Heehyun's hand and threw it over the balcony.

"You know, that's probably gonna land on someone--"

"Shut up Nayoung." Chaeyeon hissed.

"Alrighty, well, I'll just... Be inside." Nayoung mumbled before she quickly left the balcony.

"What the hell, Heehyun? Why are you smoking again? You know I hate it when you do that..." Chaeyeon whined.

"I didn't mean to start again... It's just... Someone gave me one the other week, and I just... Got some more." Heehyun glanced up at Chaeyeon, before looking down.

"Who was it?" Chaeyeon asked.

Heehyun shrugged. "Im Nayoung, I think."

"I'll kill her." Chaeyeon growled, before she suddenly stormed off inside.

"Chae, don't!" Heehyun groaned, following the younger girl in.

"IM NAYOUNG, I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I FIND YOU I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Chaeyeon screamed as she walked through the apartment, making everyone go silent.

"Nayoungie, what did you do?" A voice whispered, Zhou Jieqiong's voice, the girlfriend of Im Nayoung.

Heehyun followed Chaeyeon through the crowd before she found her girlfriend in the living room, glaring at Im Nayoung who was leaning against the wall with her signature blank expression.

"Why are you giving cigarettes to Heehyun?!" Chaeyeon yelled, before she lifted her hand to grab Nayoung's shirt.

Heehyun quickly grabbed Chaeyeon's hand.

"Chaeyeon, sweetie, calm do--" Heehyun started.

"Calm down? Calm down?! How can I calm down when I find you smoking again and she's the reason!" Chaeyeon pulled her hand from Heehyun's grip, turning her attention back to the stone giant who seemed completely unfazed by the situation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she'd even quit in the first place." Nayoung said, before shrugging. "I won't do it again."

"You better not, or else I'll... I'll... I'll--"

"Chae, come on." Heehyun quickly pulled Chaeyeon away from Nayoung, mouthing an I'm sorry at the stone buddha who just nodded and went back to talking to Jieqiong.

Heehyun managed to get Chaeyeon back out onto the balcony away from everyone else.

"Give me all the cigarettes you have. And the lighter." Chaeyeon said, holding out her hand.

Heehyun sighed before reaching into her pocket, handing over the pack of cigarettes and her lighter.

"I won't do it again." Heehyun said.

"Swear on the hamster's life." Chaeyeon said.

"But that's our hamster--"

"Do it, Heehyun."

"Fine. I swear on our hamster's life that I will never smoke ever again."

"Good."

Chaeyeon leant in and kissed Heehyun, before they returned to the party.