At The Hospital

A Cute Love Story

Kevin's POV

I just saw the ambulance drive by, clearly in a rush to get whoever was in it to the hospital. I just prayed to God, it wasn't ______. At the speed of light, I got in my car and started towards the hotel, but on my way, I saw the accident. I only saw the one car. Barely a scratch on it, except a dent on its front bumper. Near it, lay a bike, totaled from the impact of the car. And I knew. I knew that ______ was in that ambulance and that I had to get to the hospital. I had no idea where it was though. I got out of my car and asked one of the people standing in the crowd.

"Excuse me, where is the hospital?"

The kind and worried woman quickly answered, "The hospital is about fifteen miles from here. Once you pass the mall, you'll see it."

"Thank you."

Then the woman said, "I'll pray for her."

"Thank you."

Just like that, I was off. I drove way over the speed limit, but I didn't care. All I could think of was ______'s body being broken. I had to get those images out of my head.

Sure enough, after I passed the mall, I spotted the hospital and the emergency room entrance. Without even thinking, I gave the valet the keys and rushed in, looking for any sign of _______. Seeing no one that looked like her, I went up to the receptionist.

"Did a girl just come in here? She was in an accident and she should of gotten here a few minutes ago."

"Yes, there was a young lady that came in here. She was riding a bicycle when a car struck her. Is that who you are looking for?"

"Yes, yes that's her."

"She went into surgery. Are you a relative?"

"I'm her boyfriend."

"Okay sir, just wait in the waiting room and I'll call you if I hear anything new."

"Okay, thank you."

Breathing a small sigh of relief, I sat in the almost empty waiting room. Just then, my cell phone rang. I picked it up and it was Eli.

"Hello?"

"Oh thank God!! I heard there was an accident and I thought well, I'm just glad you're okay. So what did _____ say?"

Then I broke out in tears. "Nothing. We never met. She was the one in the accident!!"

"Omo!! Is she going to be okay?"

"I don't know much yet. She's in surgery now. I won't know anything new for a while yet."

"Okay, well call us when you hear anything."

"I will. I have to keep my phone off, though."

"Okay, annyeong."

"Bye."

I shut my phone off. I put my head in my hands and cried. I didn't care if I looked like a wussy. Just then, I heard a guy yelling at the receptionist.

"Did a girl come in earlier? I heard she was in an accident."

"Yes, she's in surgery right now. Are you a relative?"

"I'm her fiancé."

Did I just hear correctly? Did that guy just say that he was _______'s fiancé? Then I heard the receptionist say,

"Oh my, that's awkward."

"What's awkward?"

"Well, a gentleman just came in saying he was her boyfriend."

The receptionist pointed to me and the guy looked over at me with an icy cold glare.

"Thank you", he said.

He then approached me and said,

"So what do you think you're doing with my girl?"

"Your girl? I'm guessing you're the ex-boyfriend she told me about."

"Yeah, well she was lying. We're engaged now. Sorry pal."

"Look, pal. I never saw a ring on her finger."

"That's because I just proposed to her yesterday, duh."

"That's probably what she wanted to talk to me about this morning", I said to myself.

"Well we've been dating for 3 days so I think I'm her boyfriend now."

"Ooh a whole three days. We dated for 15 months. Since we were in high school, so looks like you lose."

"You're right."

"Ha that's, wait what? I'm right?"

"Yeah, you're right. I never should've come. I'm going home."

"Wait, dude. Look I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm sure when _____ wakes up, she'll want to see you just as much."

"If she wakes up. I'm leaving."

And that's what I did. I left, without looking back. I was heartbroken. Not just from being cheated, but for ______ as well. I still wanted to be with her, but if she is engaged to what's his face, well then I wish them all the best.

I returned to the hotel and as soon as I got in the room, all the members looked at me. They noticed my tear streaked face and immediately thought that _______ was gone.

"What happened", Eli asked.

"I don't know. I left."

"Then why does it look like you've been crying", Hoon asked.

"Because ________'s fiancé showed up."

"Her fiancé", all the members exclaimed at once.

"Apparently, that's why she wanted to talk to me this morning. He proposed to her yesterday."

"Omo, my poor Kevin", Kiseop said coming over to comfort me.

"I'm just going to go in the room and go to bed."

I ignored the members the rest of the night and just laid in my bed with my laptop. Every five minutes I checked my phone to see if anyone texted me. None, whatsoever.

I kind of regret leaving the hospital. Knowing that that guy will be the first person ______ will see when and if she wakes up.

Gahh. I can't be thinking like that. I have to think positive. Maybe I'll go see her in the morning. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Time for sleep now.

Next Morning at the hospital

I stopped at the gift shop and got _______ flowers. After that I went to the reception area of the ER and asked what room she was in.

The lady, not from last night thankfully, told me she was in room 206.

My heart was pounding the whole way to her room. I knocked on the door. No answer. Maybe she was sleeping, so I opened the door a bit and indeed she was sleeping, like an angel, so peaceful.

I walked in and placed the flowers on the table next to her bed and took a seat in the chair next to her. I just watched her sleep, just watched her chest continue to rise and fall, not wanting to think how that chest could've never moved again. Then my mind had another thought; that chest, against that guy. Being with him, kissing him, hugging him, and who knows what else.

I forced myself to push these thoughts away. I also forced myself not to start crying again. It pained me so much that I couldn't bear it. I saw her hand hanging over the side so I grabbed it in my hands, holding on and never letting go. Suddenly I felt ______'s hand tighten in my grip.

The door opened and in came the doctor and a nurse. They were both surprised to see me there.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Johnson. Are you a relative?"

"No, I'm her bo--- I'm her friend. Can I know her condition?"

"Well, she's going to be fine. She has a minor concussion and a few cuts and bruises. Also a few broken ribs, but other than that, she'll be fine. It could've been a lot worse considering she was thrown from her bike."

"When will she be able to come home?"

"In a few days, but since she lives alone, either she will be released to a family member or someone has to stay with her."

_______ squeezed my hand again, reassuring me she was going to be okay.

"I'll stay with her. I'll sign the release papers or whatever I have to sign."

This time the nurse spoke up.

"Okay, here is the paperwork you'll need to fill out and we will call you when you can come in to get her."

She handed me the sheets of paperwork I had to fill out. The doctor and nurse did the necessary doctor stuff to _______ while I tried to fill out the papers. I finally got everything filled out and handed the clipboard back to the nurse.

The doctor spoke again.

"Oh by the way, do you know anyone named Kevin?"

"That's me, why?"

"The paramedics said that was the only word she spoke before she became unconscious."

The nurse and doctor left.

A small smile spread across my face. I was the last person she thought of. I felt like jumping for joy.

I looked at _______'s beautiful sleeping face. Never letting go of her hand, I planted a soft kiss on her lips.

Suddenly, her eyes fluttered open, and looked straight at me.

"Kevin", she asked with a hint of surprise and confusion.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Tired and really sore. What happened?"

"You got hit by a car when you were riding your bike over to the library to meet me, remember?"

"Sort of. Everything's a little fuzzy right now."

"Well, in a few days, you'll be able to go home. They told me that someone needed to stay with you. I told them I would, if that's okay with you."

"Really, you'd do that for me?"

"Of course. I told you I'd always be here for you."

"That's really sweet of you Kevin. By the way, why did I want to meet you yesterday?"

"I don't know, you never told me."

"I don't remember", she said as she put the hand that I wasn't holding, on her lap.

And that's when I saw it. The big diamond ring on her finger. My heart dropped to the floor.

"So it's true. You are engaged."

"What are you talking about I'm not..."

She looked at her left hand where the ring was.

"I didn't give him an answer yet and he thinks he can just put it on me", she says more to herself than me.

"Are you talking about your ex-boyfriend?"

"Yes. Now I remember what I wanted to talk to you about."

She turned to me with a serious look. I really couldn't bear what she was about to tell me.

"I wanted to tell you about Cole, my ex-boyfriend and that he proposed to me. I didn't want to hide it behind your back."

"Sounds like she's trying to let me down easy", I thought to myself.

"And I wanted to tell you this because well, I don't want to give Cole another chance. Another chance to hurt me. He told me he changed and I actually fell for it. I was seriously contemplating accepting his proposal, but then I knew he never changed. I was partially awake when he came this morning. He brought my ex-friend Jess, with. She is the one that he cheated on me with. He had the nerve to tell me that she was just a fling while he was still with her. I was really serious about staying with you, even before his little stunt. That just made my decision more firm, so yeah."

I didn't know what to feel. I was either really excited for myself or really upset for ______. I guess both.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I am really serious about you, ______. More serious than I've ever been about anything, even U-Kiss."

"Well, I don't know if I'm more important than U-Kiss."

"U-Kiss is like my first love and I'll always love it, but it's different than a love for a single person. I know it's a lot to ask and this is one of the main reasons why idols don't date because of work, but do you want to make this relationship official?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

"With a big smile on my face, I leaned down and for the first time, I kissed ______.

You POV

After you told Kevin that you wanted to make your relationship official, he just got a huge grin on his face. He leaned his face towards you and you knew now that you were ready for him to kiss you. You happily accepted his lips and when they touched, yours tingled with the sensation of his soft ones. Just like in your dream almost a week ago, the kiss was wonderful, but this time it was reality.

Because it was his first kiss, he was a little shy, which was adorable. He kisses were gentle, but full of passion. After a few minutes, you broke apart.

The next day, you were released from the hospital and Kevin took you home.

THE END

or is it??