Somehow

Drabbles

When the music stopped, Chaeyeon took her time to breathe again. Even after so many times and that her body was used to it, singing three songs while dancing still makes her breathless. 

Chaeyeon looking around at the audiences as she listened to Heehyun who was talking to the audiences, who seems still so excited. Tonight’s event was filled with cheers from the beginning of their performance until now. The audiences chanted loudly, singing along with them, shouting to cheer them, and were so excited to takes photo together with them. She can see the members were also looking so happy. 

(She almost chuckled when she remembered Yebin talked about comeback just minutes ago. Oh, my. Hopefully the managers would let it go.)

As she looked around the small venue they currently at, her mind wandered…to every hardship the group had to go through, to every pain and hurts that they can't share with anyone, had to smile and laugh in front of everyone when sometimes all they wanted to do is crying. But now, seeing the excitement in front of them, it's like they forgot everything else and can smile widely. 

This is all they want to do, to sing and dance on stage to make people happy with their presence. That’s all. But sometimes, not everything goes the way they want it to be. 

She glanced at Heehyun as Yebin now talked. Except when she had to say something to them, Heehyun has been so quiet for the past days. Not exactly quiet but Chaeyeon noticed how Heehyun has been talking only about works, works, and works, and never about herself. Even when they were together at their bedroom, Heehyun talked about works and everything else (sometimes asking Chaeyeon’s opinion here and there) and then fell asleep, leaving Chaeyeon wondering about her. 

She can see the stressed Heehyun back, the Heehyun who can’t rest properly as she always thinking about the group, always fears for their future, and Chaeyeon didn’t like it. She hated seeing the frown and frustration on the leader’s face. But Heehyun, as expected from her, always said she’s okay whenever Chaeyeon asked. Always putting the strong appearance for them, so the group will be okay. 

Chaeyeon can’t do much except let her be, mostly to protect Heehyun’s pride. All Chaeyeon can do is to silently hold Heehyun’s hand when they sleep, to tell her that she’s here with her. 

But tonight, thanks to the cheers and the excitement from everyone, she finally can see Heehyun laughed again. Chaeyeon was grateful to them, hopefully they know it without she said it out loud. 

And then Heehyun said their greetings, and it's their clue to move to the position for the last song. Chaeyeon quickly went to her position. 

When the music was blasting through the speaker, the cheers from the audiences still going loud even after three songs. They could hear they shouted “WAENJI!!!” loudly and singing along with them. 

Chaeyeon can't hold her smile, she grinned widely to them. Just then, as they danced, her eyes met Heehyun’s, who automatically smiled back at her. Oh, how she missed that smile. 

Not everyday filled with happiness, but there are always something good on their day. As they performed their debut song, along the cheers from everyone, with Heehyun and her members, Chaeyeon believes everything will be okay. 

 

 


oneureun waenji jami an wayo (I can’t fall asleep today somehow)
jibe gagi shireoyo ireoke isseumyeon (I don’t wanna go home if I’m like this)
oneureun waenji gwaenchaneun nal ieyo (It’s a good day today somehow)
nae gyeote hangsang isseo jul baro neo neo neo (You’re always by my side)

DIA - Somehow

 

 

(shout out to @navayagc for this one hehehe I know this is not exactly the way you want but I hope you don't mind, sis <3 )