Dreaming Alone

Drabbles

“You can compose a song?” asked Chaeyeon, her eyes are full of awe while looking at Heehyun’s notebook.

Heehyun struggled not to hug to the younger girl. Chaeyeon’s amazed face is too adorable for her. 

“Not a very good song, actually,” she answered while looking back to her notebook because if she stared a bit too long to Chaeyeon, she might just kiss her and no, she is not ready for that. “I just write whatever I have in my mind and add some melodies to it.”

“That is so cool, unnie.” Chaeyeon looked at her with so much admiration, making Heehyun feels that she just did the most awesome and wonderful thing to the world, like saving the earth from a meteor falls.

“Unnie, can you sing it to me?”

“Huh? Sing what?”

“Your song, duh. I want to hear your song.”

Heehyun blinked. Singing her own song about her feeling to Chaeyeon in front of Chaeyeon? No way.

“I can’t sing.”

Chaeyeon bursts out laughing at that. “Unnie, how come you can’t sing if you can compose a song?! Oh, come on, just a little bit, unnie. I want to hear it~” she keeps asking the older girl, unconsciously using her aegyo.

That damn puppy eyes.

Heehyun sighed, she knew she would never say no to the younger girl. She looked at her notebook, and then to Chaeyeon, and start singing:

So don’t lie, bright eyes

Is it me that you see when you fall asleep?

Cause I know it’s you I dream about every night

Giving me this feeling like

Love in the summer

Way I’ve never felt with another

Don’t lie, bright eyes

Is it me that you see?

Tell me I’m not dreaming alone

Heehyun finished, and saw that Chaeyeon was still looking at her with so much admiration. She hopes Chaeyeon can’t hear how fast her heartbeats are because oh for the sake of love, she literally just confessed to her using her self-composed song.

“It’s so beautiful, Unnie. I don’t understand why you said you can’t sing earlier,” Chaeyeon said and her tone is so soft and it’s obviously didn’t help Heehyun’s attempt to calming her heartbeat. Heehyun doesn’t know how long she can hold herself every time she’s with Chaeyeon.

But even in her internal mess state, she still feeling sad that the younger girl didn’t get what the song is about, She sighed once again. “I rarely sing, even when I’m alone. Of course I can’t sing in front of anyone.”

And of course I wouldn’t dream to sing my song about YOU to YOU in front of YOU.

“You are weird, unnie. If you rarely sing, why did you even compose a song?”

Because I have too many things I want to say to you but I’m too embarrassed to do it but I need to let it out from my mind.

“Because I have nothing else to do… I guess?”

Chaeyeon laughed so hard and punched her arm, so amuse with the older girl. “You can make a beautiful song when you did it just for fun. I want to know what kind of song you’d make if you really meant it, unnie.”

Heehyun chuckled. Oh Chaeyeon, if only you know…

 

-end

.

A/N 

"Dreaming Alone" - Against The Current feat. Taka from ONE OK ROCK (Official Music Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6aBAQsq5jI