My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Suho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“好像 什么都不懂的一个孩子一样 纯真

重生 那个美丽的瞬间1

双眼 闭上又睁开害怕这一切只是梦

留恋 我就真诚站在你面前 渴望得到你视线”

 

“This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing

I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream

You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying

Just once, I want to walk side by side with you..”

“너의 수호자로 저 거센 바람을 막고

네 편으로 모두 다 등을 돌려도

힘에 겨운 어느 날 네 눈물을 닦아 줄

그런 한 사람 될 수 있다면

어디든 천국일테니”

 

“As your guardian angel, I will block out that strong wind

Even if everyone turns their back against you

On hard days, I will wipe away your tears

If only I can be that kind if person

Wherever we go, it’ll be heaven..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lay woke up from the chirpings of birds by his window. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. It was another beautiful day for him and his lover. He stood up and went in front of his full-length mirror. He smiled, eyes sparkling and said, “Good Morning Suho. Thank you for another beautiful day.”

 

 

 

 

 

A few years ago

 

 

 

It was the year Lay would never forget, the year he met Suho. Or rather the year “Suho tried befriending Lay.” That was Suho said. Lay knew it was a bumpy road for Suho to take but he succeeded anyway, with flying colors.

 

Lay lived half of his life in a hospital.  He was sick and his family was living in China at that time.  He had no friends and he seldom talked. Lay isn’t the type of person who mingles with the other patients from the hospital. He was a cold and emotionless person.  He was the person who’d prefer staying in his room all day long rather than talking and mingling with them.

 

Lay loves singing a lot. Music is his paradise, he finds peace in it. No matter where he is, give him a guitar and in no time, he’ll be in his own little world. Most of the time, people would see him sitting on a corner singing.

 

People tried making conversation with him, but they would always fail. It’s not that he can’t speak, he just doesn’t feel like talking to them or they’re just really boring.

 

 

 

 

June 06, 2010

 

How can Lay forget that day?  It was the day he met Suho, the infamous son of the ophthalmologist taking care of him. He was having his daily check-up when a boy suddenly bursted inside the room panting, as if he was being ran after by a million of buffalos. Lay looked at him and scanned the boy standing in front of him. He was around 173 cm, petite and has milky white skin.  The said boy looked at Lay and smiled showing his dimples that he didn’t noticed earlier.  The boy brisk-walked towards him not minding his dad’s complains and held both of his shoulders. Lay would be lying if he said he didn’t felt electricity throughout his body from the sudden touch from the guy standing in front of me.

 

“Are you Zhang Yixing?” the guy asked shrugging him. Lay just nodded. “Hi I’m Joonmyun but you can call me Suho, arasso?” Suho beamed and held out his hand.  Lay looked at him blankly and took Suho’s hand. “Nice to meet you.” Suho said and left. Leaving him and the doctor dumbfounded.

 

 At that time Lay swore to himself never to associate with someone like him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

September 2010

 

 

After the faithful day of meeting Suho, Lay’s life in the hospital became a mess. It was a living hell for him…. though. For the past 2 months, Suho has been harassing his peace everyday, EACH and EVERY day. Suho would visit him and accompany him in his room. And even though Lay gave him the cold shoulder, Suho’s smile never disappeared on his face.

 

Lay hated it. He hated Suho. He hated his happy-go-lucky attitude. He hated the way his dimple shows up when he smiled. He hated everything about him.

 

When Lay had enough of Suho’s little adventure of visiting him he remembered glaring at him and saying “ off!” and “I don’t need someone like you!” And for the first time, Suho’s smile was gone on his face. It was the reaction Lay expected but he never expected what happened next. Suho looked at him straight in the eyes, tears threatening to fall from his big doe-eyes and smiled before uttering a shaky “Sorry” and left.

 

 

 

 

October 7, 2010

 

It was Lay’s birthday but he couldn’t care less. Ever since he got to Korea he never celebrated his birthday. He never thought of eating outside or buying a gift for his self.  It was a waste of time and money for him.

 

It was like any other day, him walking around the hospital. Lay sat on the bench outside the hospital, thinking. After what happened to him and Suho, Lay couldn’t get the boy out of his mind. The way Suho looked at him with tears in his eyes and the way he apologized. After that incident, Suho stopped visiting him. It was a relief but somehow, he felt something was missing but he couldn’t determine what or who is it.

 

Lay sighed as he stood up and began to walk back inside the hospital when he felt someone tugging him from behind. He looked back and saw a little boy holding a flower. “H-hyung. S-someone w-want me t-to give this t-to you.” The little boy stuttered and shoved the flower near his face. Lay looked at the boy and took the flower from him. Lay didn’t notice the smile forming on his face, but the little boy did. He smiled to Lay before running back to his mother before bidding him goodbye.

 

Lay walked back to the hospital but would stop every now and then because of some kids giving him flowers. Lay tried asking some of the kids who gave him the flowers but the kids would always answer him with a smile and ran off.

 

Lay stood inside the elevator holding the flowers he got from the kids earlier. He didn’t notice it before but the flowers he received was one of his favorite flowers. He remembered he usually goes to the green house located behind the hospital and stay there for a whole afternoon, enjoying the peace and the flowers around him. “Who could possibly give me this?” he thought before hearing the beeping sound of the elevator.

 

Lay walked out from the elevator and almost immediately, the staffs and nurses would smile at him and greet him “Happy Birthday.” He didn’t know how to react. He never told anyone his birthday except his doctor and he told him beforehand not to tell anyone about it. Of course, his doctor insisted of celebrating, just the two of them but Lay rejected his offer.

 

Lay was about to open the door to his room when a girl called out his name. Lay looked at the girl sitting on a wheelchair holding the same flower he received earlier. The girl motioned him to come closer to her and Lay obeyed her. When he got closer, Lay noticed something wrong with the girl’s eyes. She was blind and although she was ill, the girl kept her smile on her face, reminding him of someone he doesn’t want to remember or see again. Lay knelt in front of the girl and told her he was in front of her. “Oppa, someone asked me to give this to you. Happy Birthday! May you have more birthdays to come.” The girl said before peeking him on his cheeks. Lay blushed and smiled at the girl before thanking her.

 

Again, he asked the girl who gave him the flowers but the girl answered her with a smile just like the other kids. After awhile, the girl asked Lay to walk her to her room which was on the other side of the building. Feeling happy, Lay agreed to walk her back. The girl would occasionally asked him questions and Lay would gave her short answers.

 

The two of them were quiet when the girl suddenly chuckled. Curious, Lay asked her why she laughed. “You know Oppa, I’ve heard you suddenly changed.” The girl said making him confused. Lay stopped from their tracks and asked, “What are you talking about?” The girl looked up at him and smiled though she doesn’t see him. “They said you used to be a cold and emotionless person but somehow you started changing little by little.” She said. Lay looked at her stunned. He didn’t notice it before but he did changed. He would smile from time to time and would sometimes converse to some of the patients. He changed and he knows the reason. It’s because of- “And you know why Oppa?” Lay train of thought was cut when the girl suddenly spoke again. “Why?” he asked. “Joonmyun Oppa.” She said while smiling. “Anyway, I think we’re here now right?” she said and looked up at him again. Lay looked in front of him and the girl was right, they were in front of a room. Lay knocked on the door and waited for the girl’s mother to open it from the other side. “Thank you Oppa! Let’s meet again soon. And by the way, I’m Jihye.” She said before her mother pushed her wheelchair inside her room.

 

 

 

 

Lay stood there outside her room frozen. He knew Suho was the reason he changed but he never really admitted it to himself. He hated him but a part of him was thankful to Suho. If it wasn’t for Suho’s constant visits, he’d never change.  Lay walked back to his room quietly, head bowed and eyes on the floors.

 

 

As Lay walked to his room, he was greeted by a certain someone holding a cake and a bouquet of flowers. Lay stood in front of his room still analyzing what he was seeing. Suho was smiling at him, holding a birthday cake and a bouquet of flowers, his favorite flower. “Happy Birthday! Sorry if I only got you this.” Suho said as he walked towards Lay. He motioned the frozen Lay to blow the candles and Lay did as he told. Suho laughed when Lay gave a weak blow.

 

Lay looked at Suho, sure he was with Suho for 2 months but he didn’t paid any attention to him whatsoever. But Suho’s laughed was one of the most beautiful things he has heard in his life. It was like music to his ears, a sweet melody that slowly making Lay addicted to it even if he’d just noticed it.

 

“Come on. Let’s eat the cake. It such a waste if we just stand here and look at it.” Suho dragged Lay to his bed and sat him there and placed the cake on the table. The next few hours was spent Suho talking nonstop and Lay just listening to him. He would often smile at Suho’s stories and the latter would smile at him and .

 

As night came, Suho unexpectedly fell asleep on the sofa inside his room. It was Lay’s first ever celebration in Korea and he was glad Suho made it possible even though he hated the idea of celebrating. Lay looked at the sleeping Suho and smiled to himself. “Thank you Suho.” He said before drifting to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

After Suho’s celebration surprise to Lay, they have been inseparable. Suho would always visit him just like before and brings him his favorite food. Lay didn’t know how Suho knew all his favorite food but he put the question aside. Lay love it when Suho visits him, he love it when Suho tells him corny jokes and laughs at his own corniness. Sometimes, they would go to the Green House and just stay there and sing. Just like him, Lay found out him and Suho had a lot in common. Suho loves singing and most of the time they’re together, Lay will play his guitar while Suho would sing.

 

Around the hospital they were the perfect combination. The people around them would envy Suho, Lay who was known for being the cold and expressionless guy was his friend and he would always show his emotions to him. They would often see Lay laughing and smiling when he’s with Suho.

 

 

 

 

 

The days went by fast and it was another year for both Lay and Suho. Though things were going well with them, Lay’s health wasn’t. His vision was becoming blurry and he knew why. It was the main the reason why he went to Korea. Every week, he’d go to his ophthalmologist with Suho. Suho was always with him, he would never leave Lay and he was happy Suho did. He was in love with him and he knew it but he never dared confess to the said boy. He was afraid, he was afraid of rejection and he was afraid that their friendship might come to waste if he did. He knew Suho was straight plus, he didn’t want to scare him if he tells him he’s in love with him.

 

 

 

 

February 2011

 

Lay sat on the bench at the hospital’s park as he watches the people around him. There were children giving flowers to their parents and there were also a patient with his lover laughing and all lovey-dovey. It was Valentine’s Day and just like before, he didn’t gives a damn. Last year, he spent Valentine’s Day alone in his room just like the years before that. He was used to it already but this year was different.

 

He may not want to admit it but a little part inside of him wanted to see Suho. He wanted to be with him on Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately for Lay, Suho went on a school trip for 2 nights

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter