One Way Ticket

Those Are The Words Of A Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a 4k chapter so bear with me -u-

 

“Will you come and visit me someday?” Wonwoo asked while holding back his tears in his shaking voice.

 

“Yes, Wonwoo. I will. Live well and please don’t forget about me,” Mingyu opened his arms and hugged Wonwoo for the last time before he go.

 

Wonwoo can’t hold his tears back and decided to just walk straight without glancing back towards Mingyu for one last time. Mingyu doesn’t stay in his place for a long time. He went back home as soon as he saw Wonwoo joined his parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The plane for France is departing in 30 minutes. For all passengers please board the plane on Gate 4. Thank you for your attention.

 

A young man in his 20s stand up and walk his way to Gate 4. He takes a good look around Incheon Airport since he won’t be back in a short time.

 

He gets on the plane in no time. He adjusts his seat so it’ll feel comfortable enough. Yes, he bought a business class airplane ticket. He’s going to spend the next 12 hours aboard so why don’t he purchase a little comfort. He already works really hard anyway for the past years. He took this little trip by himself as a little gift for him. He never really had a vacation since he started college.

 

His seat was right beside the window. The seat beside him is empty, he already checked with the flight attendant himself. He sighed as it’ll be a boring travel. But he already brought books and well there’s a little LCD screen in front of him to entertain him.

 

First off, he took a little nap as the plane starts to fly. He woke up as a flight attendant wakes him and offered him a glass of champagne. He thanked her for that and drink it. It’s a quality champagne.

 

After the little drink he had, he opened his laptop case and took out a book. It’s the first series of Sherlock Holmes. He loved mysteries. As he read, he occasionally looked at the window beside him and adores the fluffy clouds that formed like a bed of clouds. He giggled as he imagined himself flying through that fluffy clouds.

 

The 12 hours doesn’t seem long as the man actually enjoyed himself and his loneliness. He’s always been crowded by people as his job made him to. He has a degree in Business Management.

 

The plane arrived in Charles de Gaulle Airport. The man named Kim Mingyu seems excited as he immediately exits the plane as the passengers were allowed to. He quickly walks to take care of his passports and things before grabbing his luggage. He can’t wait to see a certain someone.

 

Mingyu walks through the airport and searched the person he dearly missed and forgot the fact that he actually have a phone to contact him. Mingyu keeps walking around until he saw a man holding an embarrassing sign with ‘Kim Mingyu’ latched on it with a Korean Hangul and he laughed. That person noticed Mingyu walking to their direction and laughed too.

 

Mingyu didn’t know what really happened to him. It’s maybe the fact that he just missed the person he’s meeting right now too much or he’s just glad to be welcomed in France. Mingyu dropped everything he carried and just ran into the person he dearly missed, Jeon Wonwoo. Wonwoo, on the other side, did the same as him. He ran towards Mingyu and he just jumped on him and hugged him tightly. They don’t really care if people will talk as they saw them hugging so dramatically. Wonwoo buried himself in Mingyu’s broad shoulder and speaking nonchalant words. Mingyu could smell Wonwoo’s scent as he tried hardly not to cry because he just missed his ing Jeon Wonwoo so much.

 

“Oh, I missed you so much,” Mingyu whispered right into Wonwoo’s earlobe and have no intention of letting him go. He repeatedly stated that sentence over and over until he actually wet his eyes in tears.

 

“Don’t cry,” Wonwoo tried to wipe the taller’s tears with his hands but the taller forbids it.

 

“Wait, don’t move for a few minutes please. I missed you so badly,” Mingyu keeps hugging Wonwoo tightly. He could felt Wonwoo’s heart is beating as fast as his heart does. He gradually loosened his grip on Wonwoo’s waist over time and starts to take a good look on his best-friend.

 

“You look old,” Mingyu chuckled as he cupped his hands through Wonwoo’s face. Wonwoo couldn’t help but laugh too at his best-friend’s statement.

 

“How many years has it been? 7 or 8? Or 9?” Wonwoo tried to defend himself.

 

“It’s been 8 years! I can’t believe I’m the one who counted!” Mingyu  pretended to be shocked. He picked his things from the ground and followed Wonwoo to take the train to Paris. Yes, Wonwoo lived in Paris.

 

“You really look like a rich businessman you realised that, right?” Wonwoo teased a bit after observing Mingyu from head to toe. Mingyu is wearing a simple black polo shirt with a white pants but still managed to look super expensive.

 

“I did. Of course, I wanted to charm you with this attire!” Mingyu joked.

 

They spent the not-so-long ride with conversations around their current life. They have so many catch ups to do. Even though it’s the internet era, it doesn’t mean they have enough time to do calls or such. Their time differences are basically just .

 

“Where are you living right now?” Mingyu asked. He once saw Wonwoo’s apartment from the pictures he sent, and it’s nice.

 

“I’ve moved! It’s a slightly better 2 rooms apartment but the view is super boring. I hope you don’t mind,” Wonwoo answered delightedly. He bought the apartment himself. “And it’s right on the corner of the building!”

 

“That’s comfy,” Mingyu happily pats Wonwoo’s shoulder.

 

“You must have your own house in Gangnam, right?” Wonwoo laughed.

 

“You didn’t have to say that out loudly!” Mingyu answered with a stern voice. He doesn’t like it.

 

Wonwoo giggled quietly. He kind of feel embarrassed for himself. He could’ve be like Mingyu but he decided to try his own way.

 

After a few stops, Wonwoo pulled Mingyu’s arm to exit the train. They both walking side to side until they reached Wonwoo’s apartment building. It’s a simple building but the interior is modern.

 

They get on the elevator and Wonwoo pressed ‘6’ on the wall.

 

“Won, this is quite luxurious, you know that right?” Mingyu commented at the hallway interior as they reached the sixth story.

 

“I know. But it won’t be as luxurious as your home, right?” Wonwoo still tried to be humble.

 

Mingyu stayed silent as Wonwoo tried to compare their lives again.

 

“This is it. I want you to open it and surprise yourself,” Wonwoo gave Mingyu the key to his apartment.

 

Mingyu took the key and opened the apartment. He’s quite amazed. The room is nicely decorated with black and white furnitures. There’s several pictures hanging on the wall. It’s mostly pictures of Wonwoo’s family and their pictures together.

 

“Do you always live this clean?” Mingyu teased Wonwoo to imply that his apartment is super clean and nice.

 

“No. I worked my off cleaning the mess for you,” Wonwoo cheekily smiled and laughed.

 

Mingyu looked around the apartment in curiosity. He starts off with the kitchen and ends with the bedrooms.

 

“You can sleep on my room. I’ll sleep on my working room,” Wonwoo offered. Wonwoo’s room is so neat. There’s a bed laying there with white sheets on it, matching the gray walls and black furnitures.

 

“You’re lying! The views are amazing!” Mingyu awed at the view. He could see the top of Eiffel Tower on Wonwoo’s bedroom window.

 

Wonwoo scratches his back head and chuckled softly.

 

Next, Mingyu opened Wonwoo’s working room and he basically saw paints here and there, building models and much paper. There’s also a single bed there, unbelievably clean.

 

“Why do you even put a bed there?” Mingyu asked.

 

“It’s from the apartment. And I kind of used it for resting purpose, okay? I just sleep there every time I need a quick nap between my jobs.”

 

“Here’s the bathroom and you could give your laundry to me, I’ll clean it,” Wonwoo points at the small door right next his bedroom door.

 

“Okay. Do you want me to cook for dinner?” Mingyu asked. 

 

“No! Let me cook for you this night. You’re the guest and I guess you have things to unpack,” Wonwoo pushed Mingyu to his room along with his big luggage.

 

“Okay, okay, landlord. I’ll wait for your food,” Mingyu obeyed and get inside Wonwoo’s room.

 

“I have several hangers you can use! It’s on the wardrobe!” Wonwoo shouted from the kitchen.

 

“I got that!”

 

Mingyu sit on Wonwoo’s wooden floor and tried to open his luggage. He kind of panicked since he put several wrong numbers before actually remembering the correct one. Mingyu hung his jacket on a small cute cloth hanger next to the door before starts to unpack his things.

 

Wonwoo told him to bring both warm and thin clothes. He said the weather is fairly unpredictable and he should be ready for any occasions.

 

Mingyu brought turtle necks, sweaters and basically every casual t-shirt he could put into his luggage. It didn’t take long for Mingyu to unpack. Mingyu wasted his time for a nap before Wonwoo finished making them dinner.

 

“Mingyu, the dinner is- oh, you’re asleep,” Wonwoo said and peeked into his room to find Mingyu laying with his legs hanging down.

 

Wonwoo doesn’t really want to wake Mingyu up but he thought that if Mingyu didn’t eat, his stomach would be terrible in the morning.

 

“Kim Mingyu, wake up!” Wonwoo whispered right in Mingyu’s ear. He’s actually amused that Mingyu immediately opened his eyes and sit.

 

“Chill, you’re not in the military. Let’s eat,” Wonwoo pats Mingyu’s back and walks into his small dining table. Why would he need a big dining table if he’s living alone.

 

Mingyu stretched his arms a little bit before following Wonwoo into the dining table. He could see it’s a simple bibimbap with cheese on top of it.

 

“Did you come here only to learn how to cook korean foods?” Mingyu jokingly said. Wonwoo can’t cook anything before he moved to France.

 

“Yes, yes, I did!” Wonwoo cheekily smiled again and sit right in front of Mingyu.

 

They eat without talking. Sometimes Mingyu makes comments like the food is delicious or how did Wonwoo actually learn how to cook. 

 

“Do you have something to do tomorrow?” Wonwoo asked.

 

“Well, you tell me. I’m the one having a vacation!” Mingyu laughed.

 

“I have to go to this gallery tomorrow for my job. You can tag along if you wanted to,” Wonwoo hummed as he chewed on.

 

“I’ll go if I’m not sleeping. What time would you go?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter