Wednesday

Those Are The Words Of A Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Kim Mingyu’s last day in Seoul. His family is going to move to Japan in 2 days. Wednesday is the last day he’ll spend his entire day at school. He’s an 18 years old student who’s aiming to study medicine at university. It’s not a lie if Mingyu said he didn’t want to move to Japan. His Japanese language isn’t the problem since he’s been taking Japanese and French since he was a tiny little toddler. It’s not about a dear person to him, it’s more about a home.

 

These past months, Mingyu has made a list of things he should do with his friends, whether it’s breaking the rules or just merely having fun. There’s several things he hasn’t done just yet. But he did most things on his list and he’s quite satisfied with it.

 

One point of his list was taking polaroids every day. In school, mall, parking lot, basically everywhere. His parents also bought him a lot of polaroid films. They know Mingyu wants to finish high school in Korea and go to a korean university. But they can’t have Mingyu to do that, because they have to move. The other point of his list is several rebellious acts such as skipping classes, putting prank on teachers, and getting suspended.

 

That day, that Wednesday, Mingyu’s last day at school. He decided to complete one more point from his list.

 

Go out with Jeon Wonwoo.

 

Jeon Wonwoo isn’t his lover. Neither his crush. He’s mainly a dear friend he had in elementary school. As they grow up, they grow apart. Kim Mingyu grow into a very open guy. He’s handsome and funny and never ceased to befriend anyone. Because of his personality, he even had the student president title. Not with Jeon Wonwoo. He grow into a very introvert yet good looking guy. He only talks with his clique of friends. Mingyu have tried to talk to him like he used to when they were smaller. But he got nothing out of it. It almost feels like the reason Wonwoo being an introvert was Kim Mingyu.

 

= = = == = = = = = = =

 

“Kim Mingyu! Do you have plans after school? We’re going to throw a party at Seungkwan’s!” a certain tall guy named Seokmin chirped. He’s pretty much the most outgoing guy Mingyu has ever met.

 

Mingyu has made up his mind to follow wherever Wonwoo goes after school. Even though it may be his last party, he has to say no.

 

“Sorry! I should pack,” Mingyu pouted as he declined the offer.

 

A hand pats his back, “That’s okay, Ming. You still have tomorrow!” Seungcheol tried to cheer him up.

 

The class has throw a farewell party for Mingyu too in that Wednesday. It’s pretty much fun, except the fact that Mingyu isn’t going to be together with them any longer.

 

“Sure, Hyung. I hope you guys will see me off,” Mingyu smiled bitterly. 

 

Mingyu take a peek at Wonwoo’s desk to find it’s already empty.

 

“Guys, I have to go. I’m going to miss you!” Mingyu bids farewell.

 

Mingyu walks out the classroom door in a quick speed before he lose the sight of Jeon Wonwoo. But Wonwoo is walking pretty slowly. Mingyu decided to just approach him in the casual way, not surprising him.

 

“Won.” Mingyu called out. The smaller figure stopped walking.

 

He didn’t answer anything.

 

“Won.” Mingyu repeated.

 

Mingyu walked up to face Wonwoo from his front.

 

“What do you want?” Wonwoo coldly answered.

 

The coldness of Wonwoo’s answer tingles Mingyu’s little heart a bit. He felt weird since Wonwoo is a cold guy since he was small, but he’s always cheerful beside him.

 

“Let’s go out. Just one day,” Mingyu blossomed a smile. 

 

“No. I’m busy.” Wonwoo stiffly pushed Mingyu away from his way.

 

Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo’s arms like they always do on dramas.

 

“Please. I won’t be in your life again. I don’t know why do you despise me so much, but we were friends,” Mingyu tried to persuade him.

 

“No.”

 

“A day, Won. Less than 24 hours. Let’s do whatever you want.”

 

“Whatever?” an eyebrow raised from Wonwoo’s figure.

 

Mingyu nods quickly like a puppy.

 

“Then, get lost.”

 

“Won. Spare me for an hour. A full 60-minutes.”

 

After thinking in a while, Wonwoo agreed.

 

“But I’m going to practice with my band. You’ll come and stay there,” Wonwoo said.

 

“Sure. I’ll stay. Where are you practising?”

 

No answer could be heard from Wonwoo’s mouth. He just walked limply there with a certain face of sadness.

 

They’re going to wherever Wonwoo is going by bus. They both refused to sit, even though the bus is currently empty. It’s a silent moment for the both of them. They occasionally look at each other to stare at how they changed.

 

Not after a long 10 minutes of silence, Wonwoo stopped the bus in a not-so-luxurious environment. He walked quickly to an abandoned building in front of a mini market.

 

Inside, there’s several instruments with people waiting for Wonwoo. Wonwoo apologised for being late and they started practicing. Wonwoo played the keyboards and do some backing vocals thanks to his low-deep voice.

 

Mingyu take a good look at his surrounding. Shattered glass are everywhere. There’s tables with messy chairs and an old couch. Mingyu pretty much grossed about the couch so he decided to sit on one of the table.

 

Wonwoo pretty much have a band practise for about 20 minutes before his bandmates excused themselves out. They might feel a little uncomfortable because Mingyu’s presence.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Jihoon, Soonyoung!” Wonwoo bids them farewell.

 

“Aren’t you going to go home too?” Mingyu asked slowly.

 

“I live here. Sometimes,” Wonwoo explained. Not exactly the explanation Mingyu need, but it’s a good thing Wonwoo answered.

 

Mingyu can’t see why Wonwoo lived there. Wonwoo come from a good family. 

 

“I see. Let me cook you something, you know I’m good at cooking right?”

 

“Let’s go upstairs. It’s pretty much neater.”

 

Mingyu followed Wonwoo like a lost little puppy upstairs. There’s a small kitchen there with a microwave sitting there. Another couch, but it’s cleaner. A tv with a dvd player and a closet.

 

Wonwoo walks to a room, Mingyu assumed it’s his room. There’s pictures hanging randomly at the walls.

 

“You’re not suffering an incurable disease and it’s your time to live whatever you wanted righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter