Not The Warmth I Was Looking For

Those Are The Words Of A Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo always stay at his mother's room whenever he's sick when he was a child. Growing up, he lived at a sharing house with 3 other people. They're Mingyu, Soonyoung, and Jihoon. Wonwoo always tell everything to soonyoung since he's very likely to be trusted. Anyway, one time, mingyu overheard their conversation about Wonwoo missing his mom and how his mom took care of him while he's not feeling well.

 

Moving on, it was a chilly evening. The sun haven't drown itself but it feels like minus five degree. The house was empty since Soonyoung is having a trip to London and Jihoon, well, as always, staying his on his personal music studio.

 

Wonwoo was cold. His not-so-healthy body is telling himself to go to Mingyu's room and asked him to make some warm soup. but his so called pride forbids him to do that. He went to Soonyoung's room instead to bury himself with his quilt plus Soonyoung's warm electric blanket. He's freezing cold when the door was abruptly opened by none other Kim Mingyu.

 

“Hyung! You scared the out of me."

 

“I’m sorry," Wonwoo replied slowly as his whole body is shivering.

 

Mingyu took some stuffs that Soonyoung borrowed from him and take his leave. A little milisecond later, Kim Mingyu walked towards cold Jeon Wonwoo and tried to wake him up.

 

“Hyung would you like to move to my room? I have a small heater."

 

Wonwoo doesn’t answer a thing. He only blows his nose over and over like Mingyu never asked the question.

 

“Even if you hate me, I’m trying to be considerate of you, Jeon Wonwoo,” Mingyu sighed. He moved his cold feet out of the room almost immediately after blowing off the statement. His feet are freezing in Soonyoung’s room.

 

A hand limply pulled Mingyu’s sweater. It was so subtle, Mingyu almost didn’t notice it at all.

 

“I don’t hate you,” a hoarse voice stated. Mingyu has no choice but to help the older guy walk to his room. The older’s thin figure is shaking too much, he can’t even take a firm step on the ground. 

 

Mingyu kind of dragged the latter’s body because he’s freaking freezing too. The moment they both entered Mingyu’s room, their feet warmed up a little bit. Wonwoo can’t hold his weight any longer, he let himself fall into Mingyu’s warm bed.

 

Mingyu tucks him into his own bed and messed his hair a little bit, only to realise Wonwoo’s head is burning.

 

“You’re feverish, Hyung! Have you eaten?” 

 

“No, I haven’t and I’m not hungry,” Wonwoo refused before Mingyu could even offered him food.

 

“Well, suit yourself. I’m going to bake a pizza,” Mingyu shrugged off. Mingyu doesn’t think leaving him alone will cause any trouble.

 

It is a very cold evening yet Mingyu’s stubborn stomach which longs for pizza beats the cold. Mingyu has bought a pizza dough a week earlier, but never got the chance to make it.

 

Without much thinking, Mingyu got himself immersed in cooking. Wonwoo, on the other hand, isn’t getting warmer. Mingyu’s bed is warm, indeed, but his hands and feet still feel the chilliness. 

 

Thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter