Small Bumps

Scars To Your Beautiful

Haeyoung grunted as she woke up from her deep sleep. She woke up too early as usual and she just realized she fell asleep with her jeans and hoodie on. So that's why she felt so uncomfortable in her sleep the whole time, since her jeans is also kind of tight so it isn't helping whatsoever. 

Standing up from her sleeping position, Haeyoung found Baekhyun sleeping in the other bed peacefully, probably dreaming something nice. She decided to just let him be and took a shower before going out of the dorm. Haeyoung decided to wear a blueish black shirt with the sleeves rolled up until her elbows and her favorite black training pants. Yes, Haeyoung adore training pants so much because it's not tight or anything and is pretty much comfortable to wear. She even has one suitcase filled with different kinds of training pants when she came to the dorm. 

Haeyoung grabbed her room's key, phone and wallet and then she put on her shoes before walking out of the dorm. To be honest, she doesn't really know where she's heading, she's new after all. But the reason why she went out in the first place is to discover new parts of Seoul University, so she went to wherever her feet is taking her and soon she was journeying through the "city" because Seoul University seems like it's as big as a city. 

Although some students had came to the university earlier too, she was thankful at least it wasn't really crowded so she was still able to enjoy herself. Being the forgetful person she is, Haeyoung should've just brought her car with her so it'll be easier and faster for her to travel around. But on the bright side, she could get the feel more and she can visit more places as of the moment. 

In the middle of her thoughts, Haeyoung's phone suddenly played its ringtone -  Happier by Ed Sheeran. Don't ask why, in her opinion it was very beautiful and well written so the song immediately became Haeyoung's favorite. She had to admit Ed Sheeran really is a talented person. 

Before she became fully absorbed in the song, Haeyoung immediately picked up the call and put her phone against her ear. "Hello?" 

"Haeyoung! Park Haeyoung!" someone yelled from the other line, making Haeyoung rub her ear instantly due to the voice of the person screaming in her ear. 

"I'm good, thank you for asking," Haeyoung said sarcastically to lighten up the situation. However, it seems as if the person doesn't care about her sarcastic comments whatsoever. The person who was calling her is one of her old classmates, Kim Ji Ra. They were bestfriends and even if the teo are separated by towns, they are still able to keep in contact and meet when they can. 

"Did you remember that boy back in high school?" Ji Ra asked in a hurry. 

"Hmm, let me think. It would be much more easier if you tell me their names because there are more than one boy in our high school," Haeyoung replied. She still hasn't change. 

"You know, when we were still in high school, there was a music competition held in our old school and there are many participants from various schools," Haeyoung doesn't want to admit it but she was slowly regaining her high school memory back, and she doesn't like where this is going. "You fall in love with one of the members from the other school and then you post those cheesy lines on Twitter but then he discovered it and then you delete your Twitter account." 

Haeyoung sighed in stress. She remembers. "First of all, that was not love. That's simply a crush. Second of all, those are some bad memories that i've been trying to forget and now here you are, ruining the hardwork I built for all these years," 

"Oops,"  Ji Ra snickered. "Sorry, that's probably embarrassing but I just wanted you to know he just posted a new picture of violin. Who plays violin? You! And the caption is definitely meant for you, i'm sure of it." 

To be honest, Hae Young didn't want to get involved in this case with him any more. It was just a teenage crush and they should all just move on and get over it. But Hae Young was unable to resist the temptation to ask Ji Ra. "What's his caption says?" 

Thankfully Ji Ra didn't judge her or anything, and told her what she wanted to know."It says, ' It's been years now since I met you at that music competition. I found you at last." 

Haeyoung blinked her eyes. "Wait what? What do you mean he found me? How did he remember me? Is he a stalker? IS HE A-" 

"Haeyoung, calm down!"  Ji Ra said through the phone calmly. "You do know he has a crush on you too back at high school but you literally ran away from him like a Cinderella." 

"I thought he already forgot about me!" 

"Turns out he didn't! And it seems like he found you so you're kinda in trouble. But you can't run away again, okay? You should face him and if you didn't like him anymore then just say it kindly or I don't know."  

Haeyoung huffed. She thought she was over this problem but turns out she haven't. Haeyoung still has a bit of a leftover feelings for him, and somehow thinking of the possibility that he might still like her puts a smile on her face that she tries to hide. 

"He's really loyal, you know,"  Ji Ra continued. 

"Yeah, he is," Haeyoung tried to erase the smile off of her face. "Anyway, do you know his name yet?" 

"No, he didn't even use his real name on his Twitter account. He posts a lot about music and deleted his old selcas. However, i'm pretty sure his face didn't change drastically so my suggestion is that you observe your surroundings because who knows, maybe he's around you but you didn't notice him just yet." 

Haeyoung rubbed her temples. "Okay, okay." she said through the phones, but mostly to herself. "But if we find each other, it would be really awkward for me, whats should I do? what should I say?" 

Ji Ra could feel the nervousness Haeyoung had been trying to hide through the phone. Even if Haeyoung was still a tad confused as to how she feels about his past crush, Ji Ra knew that she still have some feelings left for him anyway. "Just be yourself. And if you really still love him, don't push him away and don't be an idiot." was what Ji Ra said before she hung up. 

"Wait what? Ji Ra, are you there?" 

 

•••

 

After a few days of exploring the huge famous university and meeting some new people, it's finally time to officially start her college life. Haeyoung was very eager to study and having news friends again she kind of forgot about the whole crush at high school thing. She moved on and he should too. 

Wearing a casual black shirt with bare shoulders and a black matching jeans, Haeyoung slung her blueish black backpack over her right shoulder and left the dorm right away. She had let her wavy light-brown hair loose until it reached her stomach. Haeyoung still managed to look stylish even when her clothes is probably quite casual. 

"You left me," a voice grabbed her attention, turns out it was Baekhyun's. He was wearing a white clothes with a gray jacket and jeans. His hair was a bit disheveled but it looks just fine, and he pretty much looked as if he was still a bit sleepy. 

Being the eager students they are, Baekhyun and Haeyoung got into their classrooms too early, because class was supposed to start in, like, one hour more. So basically they were the only ones in the room. 

"I didn't know you wanted to go together to class," Haeyoung replied casually. 

"With a girl like you? Yeah, I wouldn't miss the chance, baby," Baekhyun flirtatiously winked at her, earning a disgusted face from Haeyoung and she pushed his face away. 

"I hate flirts," 

"That's a shame, I love to flirt." Baekhyun said. 

"Looks like we're the opposite, then," Haeyoung shrugged and pushed a strand of her hair away from her face while Baekhyun was examining her closely by her side. Did he even know what personal space means? 

"I know what you're thinking," Baekhyun gazed at her. "You must've think i'm a flirty guy who use girls as my toy and broke everyone's heart as if I didn't care about their feelings. But i'm not like that, okay? I flirt with a lot of girls but if they suddenly get touchy touchy with me then I'll leave immediately. So far I haven't sleep with anyone and I have my ity safe with me." 

Haeyoung squinted her eyes. "If you don't expect them to get touchy touchy with you or whatever that is, then what is your purpose for flirting with girls in the first place?"

Baekhyun haven't thought about it to that extent. He furrowed his eyebrows at her question, but he was mostly thinking about Haeyoung rather than trying to find an answer. "I don't know," 

"If you do that, girls will probably get the wrong idea and then when they thought you like them and you leave, they'll feel heartbroken. You indirectly used them as a toy, Baekhyun." Haeyoung said through gritted teeth as she made Baekhyun feel at ease when he heard her say his name. 

Baekhyun rubbed his head in confusion. "Then what should I do?" 

"What do you mean what should you do?" Haeyoung asked. "You're asking me? I can't even set my life properly and you ask me about what to do with your flirty attitude," 

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Baekhyun gave her a soft smile, and whispered "You'll always do." without her realizing. 

Haeyoung quickly brainstormed,  she wasn't expecting Baekhyun to agree immediately so she was a bit off guard. "Uh, I don't know, maybe keep your body to yourself and stop being a flirt or giving false codes to girls?" 

Baekhyun hummed along. "You think so?" 

"Yeah, but that's probably hard for you and maybe you don't want that-" 

"No, it's fine," Baekhyun cut her off, his eyes never leave Haeyoung's beautiful eyes. "Are you underestimating me? I'll change my attitude since it's you." 

There was an awkward silence in the room when he said those words and even though Haeyoung wasn't an expert in love, she noticed everything that he had said earlier. 

"What about me?" she asked in confusion. "Why would you change for me? We just met each other a few days ago and we barely knew about each other. Why are you talking as if i'm someone important in your life and you would change just for me?" 

Baekhyun smiled a lot. In fact, he always do. Everyone had seen and recognized his usual sweet smile, but there was one smile that he only let Haeyoung to see it. It was his boyish smile, a smile as if he was a happy kid who was in love with the same girl over and over again even if in the future the girl will cheat on him, but he didn't care, because he had let himself to completely fall in love with Park Haeyoung. 

"Because you are." ​​​​​​​