A Lady In The Dorm

Scars To Your Beautiful

Park Haeyoung had just arrived in her new college dorm that she had always imagined before she even came here. It was quite satisfying, really, it was a 5 stories building with its own parking lot and a hangout place in the 3rd floor. There are many corridors since it has a lot of floors, but all of them basically look the same since different doors leading to different rooms are everywhere. But what can you expect from a dorm?

Due to their work, Haeyoung's mom and dad couldn't help her move to her new dorm or even say a proper goodbye, but Haeyoung just waved it off because she doesn't really mind anyway. Her father and mother were both bussiness people, so it's normal for them to be so busy that they didn't even have time to see her off. She had a wonderful life where everything she wants get fulfilled since Haeyoung lived in such luxury, but the sad thing is that she couldn't have a proper life since she was mostly all alone in her own "castle".

Haeyoung grunted as she annoyingly pushed her luggages forward and took her room key in her right jeans pocket, unlocking the door. A sweet scent greeted her as she kicked her bags inside, since they were so heavy and no one was there to help her, plus she was getting a little bit impatient. Haeyoung closed the door and took her hoodie off, leaving her only in her jeans and black t-shirt. "What a day."

Haeyoung inspected every inch of the room and when she was done, she took her cleaning supplies out of one of her bags and started to clean around the room. Haeyoung won't let a single speck of dust left in the room, since she will be living in that room for god knows how long and her lazy self will probably come back, so she had to clean around while she's in the mood.

A few hours had passed, yet it felt like a few minutes to Haeyoung. She was so immersed in cleaning she didn't realize what time is it, or moreover, that someone was standing by the doorside with his arms crossed across his chest, watching her in satisfaction.

"Hi," a voice greeted her, causing Haeyoung to jerk her head around towards the source of the voice. She found herself staring at a guy, maybe around 19 like her. He has light brown locks completed with his built body and smooth skin, but nonetheless the guy looks adorable especially with his chubby cheeks. No, he wasn't that muscular like The Rock or something, he simply have muscles that thankfully aren't too big, otherwise it would disturb Haeyoung. He was wearing a loose black t-shirt with casual jeans, pretty much looking similar to Haeyoung.

"Hi," Haeyoung greeted back and shot him a small smile. "Uh, are you living here or..?"

"Oh yeah, i'm your roommate." He gave her a boyish smile and walked into the spacious empty room with his luggages in his hands. For a boy, he bought so many bags with him, maybe almost the same amount as Haeyoung's. "The workers already cleaned the room though?"

"I just wanted to clean it myself, I pretty much don't have anything to do at the moment anyway," Haeyoung replied, earning a small nod from the guy. He ruffled his hair and threw his bags to the side slowly as he prepared to decorate his own bed.

The room was between huge and small. It has no other doors except the door in the entrance and the bathroom, really. Even their bedrooms and the living room are connected, but thankfully the air conditioner made it comfortable enough. Their beds were side by side but with a small table separating them by a few inches. Not to mention she has to sleep near a boy she doesn't even know really well yet, isn't that awkward? Even Haeyoung who is a social butterfly was disturbed by the idea.

"What's your name?" The guy asked without turning his head to look at her as he was busy unpacking his suitcases.

"Park Haeyoung."

"That's pretty," she could almost hear the guy snicker. "My name is Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you."

Haeyoung couldn't decide to like Baekhyun or not, as she lowkey felt as if Baekhyun was kind of making fun of her. "Nice to meet you too," she quietly said. Haeyoung awkwardly went toward her luggages and start to unpack them one by one, tidying them and putting them in its places. Thankfully for her, the bed had already been prepared so she doesn't have to bother putting on the covers or anything. She was now too tired to clean as her energy had drained from her body, so Haeyoung threw herself into the bed carelessly as if there was no one around.

"So, what are you majoring in?" Baekhyun tried to make a conversation again, while Haeyoung doesn't even bother.

"Music." She shortly said, making Baekhyun turn around.

"Oh, me too," he said with a hint of satisfaction. "Good to know my roommate likes music,"

She simply nodded, not knowing what else to talk about. Can he just go to the bathroom or something so she doesn't have to handle this awkward situation? She want to sleep but she can't because it feels weird, she's not used to the idea of sharing a room with a boy yet.

Baekhyun had finished packing and he zipped his suitcases and put them in the corner so it wouldn't block the way. He threw himself to the bed, feeling exhausted and the bouncy bed was making him relieved enough. They were laying just a few inches from each other yet no one talk, the two was busy staring at the ceiling and thinking about their own stuff.

"This is awkward," Haeyoung said straightforwardly. She doesn't even know what had happened to her - she's a social butterfly who can be friends with anyone but why is it so hard to handle Baekhyun?

"Yeah," Baekhyun coughed uncomfortably. He rested his chin on his hand as he lay on his side. "Should we play a game? To get to know each other better, that is."

"Sure,"  Haeyoung said.

"Okay. Let's ask questions about each other then. I'll go first," the room went silent as Baekhyun thought about his question carefully. "Hmm, when is your birthday?"

"May 4th." Haeyoung answered as she went into the same position as Baekhyun's so they can look at each other easier. "My turn. What is your personality like from your point of view?"

Baekhyun tapped his chin as he thought about it. "To be honest, i'm a ert-" Haeyoung almost choked. "-but I got my mind in control. Maybe. I'm also a genius, and i'm not kidding. I'm funny, cute, I love having new friends,"

Haeyoung smiled as she realized that his personality isn't far too different from her's, so she hope it would be easier for them to connect with each other. "Next question. Are you a ?"

Haeyoung now choked on herself. Baekhyun was quite straightforward. "Of course I am,"

"Great! Me too!" Baekhyun said. "And why are you still a ?"

Haeyoung raised an eyebrow. "I thought it was one question?"

"Hey, it's basically on the same topic," Baekhyun tried to protest, earning an eyeroll from Haeyoung.

"Because I wanted to save it my future husband. I don't think ity is something you can just give to someone who isn't guaranteed to be your soulmate. You never know who it is, and you shouldn't give something so important to someone just for a few minutes of pleasure." Haeyoung replied so smoothly she even wondered since when did she became so wise at topics like that. Baekhyun nodded his head in amazement at her answer and gave her that boyish smile again.

"I agree," he said in almost a whisper. "You know, for a ert, I control myself very well. I don't get affected easily by girls. I'm proud of myself,"

"Hm," Haeyoung tried to sound as if she doesn't care, and Baekhyun clicked his tongue.

"I'm serious!"

"I believe you!" Haeyoung defended herself before Baekhyun throw a pillow at her face. "My turn. Why did you come here so early? I mean, university starts in like 3 days."

"Same goes to you," Baekhyun reminded her, never taking off his smile as if it was attached to his face forever. "It's a habit of mine, actually. I like to enjoy it before the university gets crowded and plus I was bored at home,"

Haeyoung nodded eagerly. Maybe too eagerly. "Me too!"

Baekhyun laughed quietly and gave her another question that's been lingering on his thought for a while. "What's your ideal type?"

"Wait, why do you keep heading to relationships stuffs?" Haeyoung scrunched her nose.

"Hey, it's normal! I just want to know you better, and we're 19 anyway," he said casually. Haeyoung sighed and rubbed her head as she think.

"Maybe someone who has a nice voice. Someone who you can be childish with but can also be serious. Has a sense of humour. Someone hard-working, has a big heart and polite," Haeyoung said, her eyes went around the room as she said it.

Baekhyun hummed in response as he stared at her intensely. "That's nice. To be honest, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were a social butterfly and a model student from your previous school."

Haeyoung slightly nodded as she played with the blanket. She doesn't really like to brag so she was kind of shy about it.

"Let me guess," Baekhyun bounced on his bed excitedly as if he was a kid. "You always get 100 or A's in your school. Always number one."

Haeyoung snickered. "True,"

"Woah, my roommate is a smart person." Baekhyun went to grab a blanket and hug it. "I'm the same as you so looks like I have a competition at Music."

Haeyoung shifted from her position and lay on her back, with her eyes still glued to Baekhyun's. "Just so you know, i'm not planning on losing."

"Neither am I,"  Baekhyun smiled. "But promise me one thing. Let's be friends and never think of each other as enemies, alright?" He extended his pinky finger which Haeyoung gladly accept as she wrap her own pinky finger around her.

"Of course, this is just for fun after all." Haeyoung assured him. Baekhyun gave her a last smile before he turn off the light and bid her goodnight.