9 - A Kiss

If You Know, I Still Do
I marked the calendar which I hanged on my wall with a pen, smiling with satisfaction as I noticed that within six days, it would be a month after my first date with Yoseob.
 
Yoseob had been the sweetest man I ever met in my life. He never asked me to be his girlfriend but I thought that our relationship was not an ordinary one.
 
Junyeon and Rina got tired of teasing me. They blessed me with happiness, telling me that I looked really compatible with Yoseob. How could I be happier than now?
 
I turned around and placed my hands on my hips, heaving a sigh at the pile of paper cranes in front of me, "I still have six hundreds and eighty two to finish."

 
Yoseob had given me so many presents since Valentine's Day and I thought that I needed to give something to him as well. I had been thinking for a while until an idea crossed my mind a week ago.
 
I had interest with handycraft and I really liked paper cranes. I decided to fold a thousand paper cranes and string them altogether before I gave it to Yoseob.
 
People said that you could ask for a wish when you folded a thousand paper cranes. I knew it's just a superstition but there was nothing wrong to believe in a good thing, right?
 
I tried my best to fold them every day and every night. I even folded the paper cranes in class, on my way back home, during lunch time, and at dinner time as well.
 
There were times when I stopped and wondered if I should give something else, something expensive to give to him but Yoseob once told me that he liked a handmade present more than an expensive one.
 
He said that a handmade present was the only present existed in the world.
 
With just that simple statement, I encouraged myself to continue folding, counting the paper cranes one by one. I would not give up until I reached the one thousandth paper crane.
 
When I was folding another paper crane, my phone rang as a notification of a new text message. I grabbed it and a smile formed as I read the message.
 
"The Prince is waiting for the Princess. Are you ready? ^^"
 
I took my bag and stuffed some origami paper inside so I could fold it during our date. Yes, I would have another date again today with Yoseob. He asked me to accompany him to buy present for her sister.
 
Wasn't he a sweetest man ever?
 
"Harin, what are you doing?" he asked me when we're waiting for a bus. "Something for your part time job?"
 
"Ah, something like that," I faked a laughter nervously. I knew I wasn't supposed to prepare them in front of him but I had no time left! "Just origami."
 
"You can do it later," he frowned, patting my head gently. He looked really serious though. "You can't work things when you're walking. What if you bump onto something?"
 
I just gave him a nod and stopped folding for a moment. When we're on the bus, my hand automatically reached for a paper and folded it again. I earned a glare from Yoseob but I continued it until I finished another paper crane.
 
When he was busy choosing a present for her sister, I folded another paper. He turned to me to ask my opinion, "Harin, what do you think abo-"
 
I lowered my hand, trying to hide the paper crane but he already saw it. I grinned awkwardly and put the unfinished origami in my bag, "That's pretty!"
 
However Yoseob couldn't hide his annoyance anymore when I took out another paper while we're waiting for our order at a restaurat after he bought the present for her sister.
 
"If you're really bored when you're with me, you can tell me," he tapped his index finger impatiently on the table. "Perhaps we should go home now."
 
"Eh? But-" without waiting for my answer, he left some money on table for our order, grabbing my wrist and walked out from the restaurant. "Yah, wait a minute!"
 
Yoseob didn't stop but he let go of my hand. He sighed heavily and mumbled, "I'll walk you back."
 
We didn't take a bus. He walked in front of me, not even bothered to look back at me. I could feel that my tears were threatening to fall. I felt like a fool now.
 
I was making those paper cranes for him but look what I had done. He was mad at me because I didn't pay attention at him during our date.
 
"I'm sorry...," I finally stopped walking, dropping my gaze reluctantly. I bit my bottom lip, preventing my tears to fall. "I'm sorry... I..."
 
It was useless. I started to cry just when I wanted to apologize to him. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably.
 
"Harin, stop," Yoseob took my hand away and wiped my tears with his thumbs. He looked really worried when he cupped my cheeks, "Why do you cry? Why are you sorry?"
 
I couldn't answer him so I just let him hug me tight while I tried to calm down. After few minute passed, I took a deep breath and apologized properly, "I never bored when I'm with you. I'm sorry if I make you feel that way."
 
He carresed my cheek gently and gave me his usual smile, "I should be the one who apologizes to you. I'm really rude, right?"
 
"No, you're right," I shook my head, smiling sheepishly. "You really care about me. I should be grateful for it."
 
Yoseob chuckled and leaned to kiss my forehead, causing my heart to beat rapidly, "Of course I care about you, Harin."
 
He lowered his lips to kiss my nose, "I'm sorry for making you cry, my Princess."
 
Yoseob lifted my chin with his fingers, flashing me a smile, "Let me make amends to you."
 
The next second I knew, our lips were locked together. He kissed me so gentle and tender that I wished the time would stop for us.
 
Looked like I couldn't agree more that the action spoke louder than words.
 
Yoseob didn't need to say the word of love. He didn't need to announce to the world that we're in a relationship.
 
All I knew was I loved him and he loved me.