6 - A Gift

If You Know, I Still Do
"The movie is totally recommended!" Rina squealed with excitement. "No regret for watching it with me, right, Harin?"
 
I laughed and grinned, "Yes, yes, Rina. A date with you is all I need in Valentine Day."
 
Today I went to watch a movie with Rina just like what we planned. Junyeon and her boyfriend also came along but we separated after the movie so they could enjoy their own date without us.
 
"Let's return now," I checked my wristwatch and then took out my phone. "It's almost 5 PM now."
 
I heaved a sigh when I saw no notification. Yoseob had not texted me today. Not even once. I wondered what he was doing until he couldn't send me a text message.
 
It felt... How could I put it in word?
 
Empty?
 
I felt like something was missing if there was a day without a text message from Yoseob. I knew I was exaggerating things but that was the truth; it's silly how I could miss him when we actually didn't talk much when we met in person.
 
I tried my best to hide my disappointment for the whole day so Rina won't be curious. I was hoping he would at least greeted me with 'Happy Valentine's Day'.
 
Just that simple.
 
"I'm home," I murmured as I took off my shoes. I went straight to my room and took a quick shower.
 
When I finished, I found there was a new text message. A smile formed on my lips immediately. I grabbed my phone and opened the text message.
 
"Happy Valentine's Day, Harin. I hope you have a beautiful and full of love day. ^^"
 
It's not from Yoseob.
 
It's from Junhyung.
 
I replied him with a thank you. Now I really thought something was wrong about me; shouldn't I be happy if Junhyung texted me? With all the heartache I still felt because of him, didn't it mean I still had feeling for him?
 
"Yoseob ah...," I murmur to myself, staring at my phone screen. "Where are you?"
 
"Harin!" my father called me from the main room. "Harin! There is a package for you!"
 
A package?
 
I stormed out from my room and went to meet my father. He was reading the newspaper but there was a box wrapped with pink gift wrap on the table.
 
"It arrived this evening when you went out with your friends," he told me, still had his eyes on the newspaper. "What is it? Did you win lottery or what?"
 
"Don't know," I shrugged my shoulders and approached the box. I lifted the box and tried to find the sender's name.
 
"Yang Yoseob"
 
My heart skipped a beat when I read the name. Did my eyes fool me?
 
"I take it then," I kept myself calm and brought the box to my room. I was impatient to find out what's inside the box.
 
Carefully I opened the wrap gift. Inside of the box, there were two things and both of them made me to gasp in surprise.
 
There was a white teddy bear, holding a heart-shaped small pillow with "Love" word on it. The teddy bear was really cute that I must held the urge to hug it right away.

 
Next to the teddy bear, a heart-shaped box of chocolate was put. On top of it, I found a small greeting card inside of the envelope. I opened it and read the handwritten message.

 
"Happy Valentine's Day.
 
You like chocolate, right?
 
I hope the little teddy bear will be your companion at night when I can't text you.
 
Hope you like the gift. ^^
 
Yang Yoseob"

 
I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot because of the short message. So this was why he asked my address last week. I returned my gaze to the Valentine's gift he gave to me.
 
Without wasting any more time, I took my phone and opened my Twitter account. I snapped a photo of both the teddy bear and chocolate, wrote short tweet and then attached the picture along before posted it.
 
"Sweetest Valentine's gift ever. ^^"
 
After that I wrote a text message to Yoseob. It took me at least ten minutes before I confirmed myself that I should send it without proscatinating.
 
However before I could touch the call button, someone called me.
 
Yoseob.
 
"Y-Yoboseyo," I picked up the call. Why was I stammering? "Yoseob?"
 
"Looks like you have received the gift," his voice answers me and I could imagine he was smiling right now. "I saw the picture on your tweet. Do you like it?"
 
I was speechless. I was too happy that I couldn't find a word to thank him properly.
 
"I love it," I smiled, still looking at his gift to me. "Thank you, Yoseob."
 
"You're welcome," he replied and my heart beat really fast now. "Happy Valentine's Day, Harin."
 
"Happy Valentine's Day, Yoseob," I mumbled. I couldn't control my heartbeat yet I didn't want the conversation to end.
 
We talked for a while as he asked me about what I did during the Valentine's Day. He said he didn't contact me on purpose because he wanted to greet me after I received the gift.
 
"Take care of the little teddy bear, okay?" he chuckled. "Will you give it a name?"
 
"Hmm...," I puffed my cheeks and touched the teddy bear. "Seobbie..."
 
"Seobbie?" he repeated the name. "Is that derived from my name?"
 
It's a good thing that we're on phone call because I was sure my face was burning right now. I couldn't help myself to think that the teddy bear represented him.
 
"I'll change it if you don't like it," I quickly added with panic tone.
 
"Don't worry," Yoseob answered me. "As long as you like it, it's alright. Besides it will always make you remember me, right?"
 
He surely knew how to made my mind went blank by his simple statement. We talked for a while until he told me to have a good rest.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow then, Harin," he said. "Good night, Harin. Have a sweet dream."
 
"Good night," I mumbled vividly. "Sweet dream..."
 
I put my phone next to my pillow and I hugged the white teddy bear tight. I laid down, resting my head on the pillow.
 
Was I falling for Yoseob?
 
I closed my eyes and kissed the teddy bear, "Seobbie..."
 
Could I fall in love with Yoseob?