7 - A Birthday

If You Know, I Still Do
"Happy birthday @yeonHARIN! ^^ Always love you!"
 
"@yeonHARIN happy birthday my best friend! Friends forever! ^.^"
 
The endless tweets which mentioned me kept flooding my mention tab in Twitter. I couldn't help myself to smile whenever I read each tweet even though I just woke up.
 
Today was my birthday and both Junyeon and Rina greeted me already via Twitter and text messages. Junyeon was the first with text message and Rina was the first with a tweet.
 
I kept myself busy with replying the tweets one by one, thanking them for the birthday wishes. I managed to reply all of them before I left to college.
 
That's when I realized that Yoseob hadn't greeted me yet. No text message from him and no mention or direct message from him.
 
I wondered if he remembered my birthday.
 
It's been two weeks since Valentine. His Valentine's present became my treasure in instance. Seobbie stayed by my side whenever I went to sleep every night.
 
As if his gift was the most precious thing in the world for me.
 
I didn't know since when but my mind was occupied by him. There was no day that I never contacted him. There was no night that I never thought of him.
 
Perhaps I've really fallen in love with him.
 
I checked my phone when I've arrived at the campus. There was no new text message and I still had around fifteen minutes before my morning class starts today.
 
When I walked pass the front gate, I swore my heart skipped a beat when I saw him, leaning to the gate with a small gift in his hand.
 
Yoseob was gazing at the blue sky with a smile on his lips. When he noticed my presence, he turned around and smiled wider, "Harin."
 
His smile was really beautiful. Too beautiful that I really wanted to treasure it forever. I must be the luckiest girl ever to get that smile from him.
 
Aigoo... Was I exaggerating?
 
"Happy birthday, Harin," he tilted his head cutely, still having the bright smile. "I want to say it in person instead of giving a text message. I hope you don't mind."
 
So that's his reason. That's why he didn't send me a text message or a tweet. Now tell me how could I be mad at him?
 
"Thank you," I smiled shyly, feeling that my cheeks were blushing because of his little consideration to greet me face-to-face. "Ah, you don't have classes today, right?"
 
"I don't have one," he chuckled at my surprise reaction, "but you have one."
 
I was really happy that he remembered my schedule; I remembered his just because I didn't want to disturb his time in classes. I never thought he would remember mine.
 
"It's really nothing...," he handed over the present to me, "...but I hope you like it, Harin."
 
I took the present from him and smiled happily, "Thank you. You really shouldn't have to give me one."
 
"Even if you forbid me to, I will insist to give you one," Yoseob ruffled my hair, causing my cheeks to turn into red shades instead of pink shades now. "How can I not give you anything on your special day?"
 
My heart was beating out of control now. I couldn't even look at him because he looked so charming that I was afraid he could hear my heartbeat.
 
"Ah, I don't want you to be late for your class," he muttered, bringing me back to my senses. "Well, I'll see you... later?"
 
Since the Valentine's Day, whenever we managed to meet, Yoseob would walk me to an intersection where I would take a bus as my ride to house.
 
There was no special reason, he said. He asked if I was bothered by his presence but I shook my head and thanked him. After that, as if we had an invinsible agreement, he walked me to the intersection for almost everyday.
 
"I'll see you later," I smiled to him, feeling extremely happy.
 
"Have a wonderful birthday, Harin," he patted my head and bids me goodbye, leaving me with burning face because of his sweet gesture.
 
I went to my class but I didn't enter the classroom right away. My curiosity got over me; I wanted to know what's inside the present he gave to me.
 
I opened the wrap carefully to reveal a box inside of it. There was also a birthday card on top of the box.
 
He gave me a really beautiful sparkling wrist watch. I gasped in awe when I looked at the wrist watch. It had a really simple design but it's a completely beautiful gift.


 
My eyes turned to the birthday card and I found his handwriting on it, just like what he did on Valentine's Day.
 
 
"Happy birthday, Harin.
 
I hope you will have a wonderful birthday.
 
Whenever I see you, I always be reminded how precious time is.
 
So I hope you like the gift. ^^
 
Yang Yoseob"
 
 
I covered my mouth with my hand, feeling that my heart was going to explode because of Yoseob now.
 
Was it possible that he had feeling for me?
 
After my break up with Junhyung, I actually never thought of having a new relationship.
 
Until Yoseob came into my life.
 
This year I knew what my birthday wish was.
 
Could I have a birthday wish that Yoseob would return my feeling?
 
Could I... love him?
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
Want to imagine Yoseob's smile? Here one~ :3