The Real One

If You Know, I Still Do
"@yeonHARIN Happy Birthday, Harin! Good luck for your final project!"
 
"Happy birthday, @yeonHARIN . Best friend forever! Let's do the best for our final project!"
 
"Someone is older today! @yeonHARIN happy birthday! ^.^"
 
The last tweet which mentions my username make me laugh. Rina sure knows how to tease me when I become older than her first.
 
I reply my friends' tweets one by one, thanking them for the birthday wishes. It's a good thing that I don't have anything to do today.
 
It's my birthday and everything is really wonderful today. I got a call from a company which told me that I was invited to follow the entrance examination as a new employee there.
 
Junyeon and Rina stayed up until midnight just to wish me birthday wishes as they're trying to be the first.
 
I was going to go to the kitchen and grab something to drink when suddenly someone steps in my main room with a birthday cake and burning candles.
 
"Saengil chukkahamnida, saengil chukkahamnida...," he sings nervously, approaching me with the cake carefully. "Saranghaneun Yeon Harin. Saengil chukkahamnida."
 
I gasp with surprise, covering my mouth with my hand but I totally can't hide my happiness when I see him. I quickly rush to him, "I thought you're still at office!"
 
"I just didn't tell you that I only worked half-day today," he grins mischievously. "Now, make a wish. The candles are going to burn the cake."
 
I intertwine my fingers and close my eyes, making a simple wish that everything will be better this year for me and my beloved ones. I open my eyes, smiling happily and then blow the candles.
 
"I'm sorry that I'm not the first one who gave you birthday wishes," he pats my head gently, giving me an apologetic smile. He puts the cake on the table and that's when I realize that he is holding a paperbag with his right hand.
 
"I hope you will like this present," he hands it to me and gives me a quick kiss on my cheek, making me blush really hard. He pulls away with blushing cheeks.
 
I tiptoe and hug him, "Thank you, Doojoon Oppa. Thank you."
 
At least three month have passed since the day I met Yoseob accidentally at the ramen restaurant. When our eyes met, I swore my heart stopped beating for a second.
 
I managed to give an awkward smile while he just smiled to me. He greeted Junyeon and Rina before he excused himself, telling us that he had some errands to do.
 
Junyeon and Rina asked me if I would ever talk to him again like how we used to do but all I could answer to them was I-don't-know answer.
 
Last month he has passed his exam for final project and now he has returned to his hometown; that's what Junyeon and Rina told me. I never managed to congratulate him or talk to him. Even as a friend.
 
Around two weeks ago I finally started a new relationship with Yoon Doojoon, a senior from my college which has graduated two years ago. He is a friend with Junyeon and Rina so I managed to know and befriend him.
 
We share many similiraties and it didn't take long for us to get really close. Simply said, he is able to make me forget about my past and I opened my heart for him.
 
I'm really grateful that I met Yoseob. I'm thankful for him because he has taught me how it felt to love someone and to be loved by someone.
 
That's why I want to cherish Doojoon with all my heart. I promise myself that I will never hurt him because I really love him.
 
"Do I still have another birthday present?" I tease Doojoon after I sliced the cake and put it in the refrigerator before we walked to my room. "Other than this, of course."
 
Doojoon suddenly wraps me around my shoulders with his arm from behind and whispers, "Saranghae, Harin."
 
My heart starts to beat uncontrollably but I turn to see his face. Our faces are only inches away and I can feel his hot breath on my face. I close my eyes and let him brushes his lips with mine.
 
It's true that I will never forget Yoseob; he is irreplaceable but my heart is owned by Doojoon now.
 
Therefore I only wish for Yoseob to find his own happiness now.
 
Because I have found mine.
 
"Nado saranghae, Doojoon Oppa."