Chapter 4

Heaven To Hell

“Youngbin! Rowoon! Dawon! Come here!” Hwiyoung screamed from the kitchen of their large castle.

Youngbin rolled his eyes as he got out of bed, looking at Jaeyoon for a moment before leaving the room.

Rowoon sighed and got up from his position on the bed. He rubbed over Taeyang's thigh before walking down stairs to see that Dawon was the first one along with Youngbin.

“What's up Hwiyoung?” Rowoon asked with a frown.

“I have a problem, but how's Taeyang?” Hwiyoung asked quickly. Rowoon shrugged.

“Beaten up, but healing.” Rowoon looked at Youngbin. “How's that annoying angel?” Rowoon smirked. Youngbin gave him a look.

“He's actually pretty nice.” Youngbin shrugged. “What's wrong?” Youngbin glanced at Hwiyoung.

“Mine is asking me to do with him!” Hwiyoung screamed as Zuho and Inseong calmly walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

“Is that bad? I'm sure you haven't done anything for awhile…” Dawon smirked as he was smacked by Youngbin.

“Who Chani?” Inseong asked as he was brought to sit on a cabinet.

“Yes!” Hwiyoung sat down in a chair abruptly with a sigh. InSeong let a giggle leave his lips as he watched the demon slowly suffer.

“What's wrong with that anyways?” Rowoon asked. Hwiyoung looked at InSeong.

“How old is Chani?” Hwiyoung asked politely.

“He's about 18 in human age. Which is pretty long in heavens age.” InSeong smiled at Zuho who had placed a plate of food for the other next to him.

“He's so young!” Hwiyoung spoke with shock. While Zuho snorted.

“Hwiyoung, you're 19 in human age. He's only a year behind.” Zuho smirked at his brother who just glared at him.

“Still we’re both young!” Hwiyoung frowned as no one seemed to care about his sanity.

“You're right.” InSeong spoke with a smile. “Since you're young it'd be weird for you two to do the dirty. Well unless you want to but don't want people to be ashamed?” InSeong tilted his head. Zuho laughed as the other generals snorted.

“Zuho you picked a perfect match for you.” Hwiyoung spoke with venom as he turned around and walked towards the dark living room.

“What's wrong with him? He usually jumps to the opportunity.” Dawon asked as he looked at Zuho.

“He probably likes him. His eyes were trying to change colors but he forced them not to.” Rowoon spoke with a smirk. Youngbin shrugged. Just then a creek from the stairs leading up to the rooms startled them.

“Oh sorry,” Taeyang giggled sheepishly as he looked at all the widened eyes.

“It's okay.” Rowoon said as he walked up to the half breed and gave his arm to him. Taeyang held onto the other's arm as he walked the rest of the way and he sat in a chair.

“Taeyang, Inseong. So you guys think Chani likes Hwiyoung?” Dawon asked as the two angels looked at Each other.

“Well, I wouldn't say he doesn't. I'd say he showed some interest. It might just be the fact that he's intrigued by the fact Hwiyoung is a Demon.” Taeyang said as he looked around the room.

“Personally, I think he’s willing to go for it because Hwiyoung is a demon.” Inseong spoke making all the demons stare at him confused while Taeyang just nodded.

“I could see that.” Taeyang agreed. Zuho squinted his eyes.

“Why?”

“We have always been told demons are creatures we should never encounter nor even think of doing anything with. When they taught us about you, we were taught about how some of you have angels, or humans, and we were told of how it works. Making it an interesting and curious concept for Chani. Plus he is a , he wants to catch up with all of us.” Taeyang frown as he felt pain shoot up his back. Rowoon walked over and gently picked Taeyang up and carried him into the living room followed by the others. He laid Taeyang down on his chest and softly pressed on his back, a silver glow radiated off as Rowoon took away the half breed’s pain.

“Taeyang, you should go back to the room and sleep. Rowoon should go with you.” Youngbin stated as he glanced over to Zuho who was holding Inseong around the waist with his chen on the shorters shoulder.

“Yeah, Rowoon bring him back up, for the sake of his own health.” Zuho spoke as he kissed Inseong’s neck lightly. “We’re going back up, I swear if someone bothers us again I will kill them.” Zuho spoke in the native tone of Demons, Latin, so Inseong and Taeyang wouldn’t understand. The language change made all the generals freeze and nodded as Zuho walked out with Inseong.

“I always forget how terrifying it is to hear him speak in latin.” Dawon sighed. “What is the native language Angels use?” Dawon asked towards Taeyang who had sat up and was getting ready to be picked up by Rowoon.

“Oh, French, I think is what the humans call it.” Taeyang smiled.

“Our Rowoon loves French. Last time we went to Earth, he enjoyed their speech a little more than the power he was granted.” Dawon laughed as he walked out followed by Youngbin who just wanted to go back to sleep.

“Is that true?” Taeyang asked as he was now on the demon’s back while they climbed up the stairs.

“I would say I have a kink for the language. It’s y.” Rowoon smirked while Taeyang widened his eyes with innocence.

“Oh… Well-” Taeyang giggled nervously. Rowoon shook his head with a smile and opened his bedroom door before shutting it and placing the injured boy on top of the bed.

“I would never do anything to you, that you don’t want.” Rowoon told the other with a stone face as he laid next to him. “But I do really want to.” Rowoon whispered before dozing off along with Taeyang who had not heard the statement.

—next day—

Jaeyoon woke up to arms around his waist and Youngbin mumbling in his sleep. He turned in the arms of the demon and tried to listen to the others soft speech, but it was in another language.

“Hey…” Jaeyoon gently pushed Youngbin’s chest to see if he would stir, but the other kept his eyes firmly shut. “Youngbin? Wake up.” Jaeyoon said louder as he hit the other's arm. He then noticed the small movement of the demons eyes. “Wake up!” He screamed in Youngbin’s ear. The demon shot up and breathes heavily as he looked around. Jaeyoon held back a giggle as he faked sleeping.

“What the-?” Youngbin looked back to see Jaeyoon cuddled up in the blankets with his eyes closed. But we could feel the other's breath. “you're not asleep anymore, you haven't been for a while so stop faking.” Youngbin grunted as Jaeyoon giggled while he sat up.

“Why did you suddenly shot yo out of bed though?” Jaeyoon tried to hide his smirk. Youngbin looked down with a worried expression making Jaeyoon rethink his decisions.

“I don't remember…” Youngbin mumbled before standing up. Jaeyoon could feel the tension from the demon.

“I woke you up!” Jaeyoon yelled as Youngbin closed the bathroom door. “Why was his face like that?” Jaeyoon whispered to himself.

“Just get ready!” Youngbin yelled from the bathroom. Jaeyoon groaned before moving.

—Rowoon’s room—

Taeyang was limping around the room waiting for Rowoon to wake up, yet he also was waiting for his mind to stop racing.

“Uhg why is everything so complicated now?” Taeyang moaned as he sat himself on a chair. Rowoon sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes.

“Why are you over there?” Rowoon asked the half breed who gave him a worried looked without meaning to. “What's wrong?” Rowoon stood quickly while making B-line straight to Taeyang.

“Everything is slowly seeping into me now.” Taeyang whispered while Rowoon looked at him funny.

“What do you mean?” The demon asked as he looked at Taeyang with nervousness.

“If we get caught, we die. We no longer have power anymore… The day the figure out how to take our powers away will be the death of us. And that may be soon.” Taeyang choked on his sobs as he rested his forehead on Rowoon’s chest. The demon frowned and rubbed the boy's back lovingly.

“I promise you. Under us, you will never be hurt by them again.” Rowoon spoke with innocence but with a fire in his eyes. “let's go down and get some food in you. Okay?” Rowoon smiled at the half breed who nodded softly. Rowoon picked Taeyang up and carried him down the stairs meeting the rest in the kitchen.

“Took you long enough.” Dawon smirked as he looked from his seat. Zuho looked over at Rowoon noticing the strange aura surrounding him. InSeong was seated right on top of Zuho’s lap as he slept peacefully. Youngbin and Jaeyoon were speaking comfortably to each other, and Chani was helping Hwiyoung cook food that the Angels would like. Rowoon placed Taeyang in his chair before walking over to Zuho who quickly stood and placed InSeong down on the chair again. Zuho followed Rowoon silently.

“What's wrong Rowoon?” Zuho asked as Rowoon sighed.

“Taeyang told me they may be able to take away their powers without having to be near them. Which means they’ll die.” Rowoon said with anger. Zuho’s jaw hardened.

“We can't have that…” Zuho looked around.

“We should do the ritual…” Youngbin said as he walked in followed by Dawon. Zuho glanced at the two generals before looking down.

“It's not the best option but it's our only option to keep them alive. You know. If you really want them to be.” Dawon said. Rowoon glared at him.

“We’ll speak to them about it. It would keep them from dying but it’d turn them into demons.” Zuho said as he walked closer to the kitchen. “If they don't want to we’ll have to find another way.” Zuho spoke in Latin before entering the kitchen again. Dawon sighed.

“If you guys are so scared about losing them cut off all their ties with the heavens. Meaning turn them into demons. They’ll become even stronger. But they're still set on being true to their roots.” Dawon rolled his eyes as Rowoon glared at him.

“Only you don't have to deal with one of them. You don't know what they want. I have a feeling Taeyang would want to keep his demon roots closer to him. Jaeyoon may be the only hard one to convince. Possibly InSeong since he was the great guardian…” Rowoon sighed. Youngbin shook his head.

“I think you're right about Jaeyoon and InSeong. But Chani and Taeyang might be more up for staying safe then staying Angels… We could threaten Jaeyoon’s life, but that's a bit harsh and he's been behaving so far.” Youngbin spoke more to himself then the other two As he walked to the door. “Either way. It's up to what Zuho wants to do.” Youngbin frowned as he entered the kitchen followed by the other two.

“What were you doing in there?” Taeyang whispered into Rowoon’s ear when the demon sat down and placed the half breed on his lap.

“I just told them your concern.” Rowoon said with a smile as he petted the boys hair.

“What’d they say? Can they help?” Taeyang asked with excitement.

“I'll tell you later. It's too much to say right now. Enjoy your food.” Rowoon handed a fork to the boy and forcing him to look at his food while Rowoon stared at the table in thought.

“Why is Inseong so tired?” Chani asked innocently to Zuho who looked up at the young angel with a confused look. Hwiyoung gave his brother a look.

“He just didn't sleep that much last night Chani.” Jaeyoon spoke up as he noticed the demons all just staring at each other.

“Ah. Makes sense. We’ve all been through a lot. But Zuho shouldn't you wake him up? You know… To eat?” Chani asked as he tilted his head sideways slightly.

“He’ll eat later. At the moment I don't think Zuho wants to wake him up when he's sleeping so peacefully.” Hwiyoung stated as he cut into his food, which was a mysterious meat like substance. Jaeyoon poked at it with a glare.

“What is this?” Jaeyoon asked as politely as he could. Youngbin snorted as Hwiyoung glared at him.

“It is the equivalent of a vegan meat. It's made out of beans and vegetables from here and soy. Chani was going to make a meal for you guys but he said he’d rather get used to the food here instead of trying to recreate what you used to eat.” Hwiyoung munched on a bite of his food. “Now eat it or starve.”Jaeyoon poked at the food again making Hwiyoung’s eye twitch. “Are you trying to annoy me?”

“No but now I might. I don't want to eat this slop you guys call food. I know you have better food here.” Jaeyoon gave a pointed look at the Demon. Hwiyoung’s patients was running low as he watched the angel poke at the food he made.

Hwiyoung slammed his hands down on the table scarring the angles. Taeyang was pulled closer into Rowoon’s chest while Zuho covered Inseong’s ears, as Hwiyoung glared at Jaeyoon.

“Do you want to die?” Hwiyoung whispered dangerously low and with anger laced in his voice. Jaeyoon was shocked by the demons sudden outburst. Youngbin sighed.

“Hwiyoung calm down.” Youngbin said as he leaned back in his chair. Hwiyoung's bloodshot eyes turned to the demon.

“Don't tell me what to do when I am of a higher level then you. Don't you dare stand up for scum like this.” Hwiyoung seethed as the general gave him a look.

“I didn't know you hated Angels that much.” Jaeyoon stated as he pushed away his plate. Hwiyoung laughed.

“No I don't care that you're an angel. But I refer to you as scum because you are of little class in my opinion.” Hwiyoung laughed while Dawon snorted. Youngbin could feel Jaeyoon’s eyes on him, while Rowoon was keeping Taeyang from getting involved.

“How about you both shut up and not fight about ing food and who's a scum.” InSeong said as he looked at all the creatures sitting at the table. Hwiyoung could feel the heat of Zuho’s eyes on him. “I swear Jaeyoon. Just ing accept the fact we now live here, under their roof. With their rules. And it's their kingdom. We have little control of what happens. And the more you struggle for power the less you get.” InSeong rolled his eyes when Jaeyoon just stared at him dumbfounded.

“Okay. Breakfast is over you may all leave.” Zuho spoke as he looked at all his generals who were starting to stand. “Youngbin, take care of him and make sure he doesn't talk back anymore.” Zuho said in Latin as he stood up with InSeong and they both walked out. Youngbin nodded and sighed as he looked at Jaeyoon.

“let's go angel.” Youngbin said with a monotoned voice as he dragged the reluctant angel out of the room down the stairs leading to the lower floors of the castel.

“What's happening to Jaeyoon?” Chani asked as Hwiyoung clapped his hands to summon maids to clean the dishes.

“He's being punished for being rude to a royal family member.” Dawon smirked as looked at Hwiyoung’s tense body.

“Ah…” Chani and Taeyang said at the same time. Chani giggled.

“Just make sure he doesn't get killed. InSeong wouldn’t like that.” Taeyang frowned as he looked at Rowoon who nodded.

“Alright. We’ll let Youngbin know. Now go to our rooms. We have work to do.” Hwiyoung stated bitterly as he made the two Angels leave and walk up the stairs. Taeyang frowned.

“Do I have to be alone?” Taeyang asked awkwardly as he almost tripped walking out because of his sore body. Hwiyoung glared at him as Rowoon walked over to Taeyang.

“Yes. Now go.” Hwiyoung stated as the half breed’s eyes glossed over and he looked broken.

“I don't want to be alone. What if something happens?” Taeyang’s breath started to become rapid as he clutched his chest, falling to his knees. A scream was heard upstairs as Chani fell down clutching his chest as well.

“What's going on?” Hwiyoung asked as he jumped over Taeyang to grab Chani who was suffering the same pain. Zuho came down stairs holding InSeong who was gripping his neck as he coughed.

“It's happening. They're killing them by taking their powers.” Zuho stated right when Youngbin was carrying Jaeyoon, in the same state as the other Angels, and placed him down.

“So what do we do?” Hwiyoung asked as he tried to calm down Chani.

“The ritual…” Dawon whispered as he stood back from the rest. Zuho glanced at him and nodded. “I'll create the circle.” Dawon ran into the basement followed by the others and drew the circle and set a flame onto the chalk he used creating a burning circle and placing all four Angels into it.

“Zuho recite the ritual.” Hwiyoung panicked as he watched Chani start to choke. Zuho breathed in as he kneeled in front of the burn circle placing his hands onto the ground next to it setting his hands in fire in the process.

“Remove their pained souls, and place them into my palms,” Zuho growled in Latin as he looked into the flames. “Burn them away and cut off all ties of live as a heavily beast and replace it with a demon as strong as a general.” Zuho let out another growl as the flames overtook his body and the Angels were all surrounded by a black shadow. Then in a gray, dole flash everything went back to normal as Zuho collapsed.

“, sire!” Dawon yelled as he ran to his King and gently helped him sit up.

“I'm fine, just tired…” Zuho responded. The four boys sitting in the ring were all mumbling as they sat up and saw that they now had burning sensations on their right hip causing them to look and see a dark symbol marked into their skin.

“What is this?” Taeyang asked as he tried to sit up properly yet a string on pain shot up his back causing him to fall back. Rowoon ran to him and held him up as they sat on the floor.

“That is the symbol of your newly formed demon within you. We mixed your heaven powers with a demons and completely took away any source of control the heavens may of had on you.” Youngbin stated as he helped Jaeyoon stand.

“So we are all demons now?” Chani asked softly. Hwiyoung nodded as he walked over to the boy.

“Yes. Now you're part of our world. You are the creature your heavens have been trying to kill.” Hwiyoung stated as he stared directly at Jaeyoon, whose face was mortified. InSeong was still lying on his back as he took in the information.

“So I'm really no longer the great guardian angel…” InSeong whispered as he let a tear fall. “I no longer have a title that will give me superiority…” InSeong was so in shock he didn't notice Zuho slowly coming to him and picking him up.

“You do have a new title now though. Well only if you agree. Will you be my queen and rule this realm with me?” Zuho asked as he gently kissed his forehead and pushed back Inseong’s bangs softly. “I promise to protect you from everything, even though you have as much power as I do now.” Zuho kissed Inseong’s nose with a smile causing InSeong to giggle.

“I’d love to. But would I really be able to rule a place I never lived in?” InSeong asked with a tilt to his head making everyone coo.

“Yes, you’ll do fine baby. No one would dare tell you otherwise anyways.” Zuho kissed him deeply and held him closer. InSeong moaned into the kiss causing Zuho to smirk. “Not now baby. Everyone’s here.” Zuho whispered as InSeong smiled. Hwiyoung rolled his eyes.

“Youngbin, you still need to finish what you were supposed to do before this happened.” Hwiyoung ordered as he stared Down the general who nodded slightly.

“Of course sir.” Youngbin said as he dragged Jaeyoon into another room. Chani frowned as he grabbed Hwiyoung’s arm.

“Hwiyoung sir. Why do you still want to hurt Jaeyoon? He is now one of you guys, why can't you just accept that he isn't as open to this?” Chani asked as Hwiyoung’s eyes turned blue. Zuho’s eyes widened at the change in color and stood quickly.

“Hwiyoung.” Zuho’s voice boomed through the room and scared everyone but Hwiyoung who stood completely still.

“Hwiyoung isn't here anymore.” Hwiyoung said slowly as he turned his head towards Zuho.

“ off Midgard. You are not wanted.” Zuho’s eyes turned blue as well as he stared down Hwiyoung’s inner demon.

“But I don't want to. I've been sleeping for centuries.” Midgard smirked as Zuho’s inner demon started to takeover. “Isn't it nice to be out Mantus?” Midgard smirked as he then snapped his head towards InSeong. “Awe you placed Mania into the late Great Guardian? Cute.” Midgard joked as Mantus grabbed him and slammed him against the wall.

“Do not look at him.” Mantus seethed as he gripped Midgard’s neck tightly. Dawon sighed.

“Both of you stop and regain your senses.” Dawon rolled his eyes as he glared at Hwiyoung. Rowoon pushed past Dawon and walked straight up to the two devil spons and pulled Zuho away from his brother.

“Snap out of it.” Rowoon growled as he then grabbed Hwiyoung's neck sending the brother of the devil to fall limp in his hold. Zuho’s eyes went back to normal as he gave Rowoon a pat on his shoulder.

“Thanks Rowoon, take them away. I need to keep Hwiyoung’s inner demon away.” Zuho stated as he looked back at InSeong who was drowning in worry at him. “Second thought… Just lock him in the cell made for this certain problem. I have to do something else.” Zuho turned quickly and in a flash both Zuho and InSeong were gone. Rowoon sighed as he stared down at Hwiyoung.

“What happened?” Taeyang asked softly as he stood beside Rowoon.

“He lost control, which isn’t like him…” Rowoon mumbled as Dawon nodded.

“Why though, we need to figure that out.” Dawon stated as he looked at Chani who was staring at Hwiyoung's knocked out body.

“I know why.” Rowoon frowned. “Go back to your rooms. Dawon and I will bring him to the cell.” Rowoon creased Taeyang’s cheek softly as he walked away carrying Hwiyoung, followed by Dawon.

Taeyang and Chani slowly walked towards the stairs but stopped as they saw the door to the sub basement was still slightly ajar and they could hear Youngbin and Jaeyoon talking. They slowly walked down the stairs to see.

“Why does he want you to hurt me?” Jaeyoon asked as sat strapped down to a chair while Youngbin stood next to a control panel.

“He's my prince. I can't ignore his commands. He doesn't need a reason for his actions.” Youngbin stated in a monotone voice as he was about to flip the switch to power the machine.

“Stop!” Chani cried as he ran to Jaeyoon unstrapping him. Youngbin was about to hurt the young boy but stopped himself realizing that if he touched him Hwiyoung would kill him.

“Whatever I'm not fighting this.” Youngbin stated as turned around to leave. Taeyang and Chani quickly got Jaeyoon out of the chair and they ran out of the basement.

“I’m going to ask Rowoon to speak with Hwiyoung, so he stops making everyone try to hurt you. But please go get some rest guys.” Taeyang said in a rush as they all went to their rooms before their demon roommates come back.