Chapter 2

Heaven To Hell

“InSeong… Do you think today will go well? It's the first time we have ever truly interacted with humans let all the four most dangerous demons…” Jaeyoon asked sheepishly. InSeong looked at his friend longingly and smiled.

“Honestly, I don't know. They seem different from what I've  always been told…” InSeong whispered as he watched Taeyang and Chani come into their dining room to munch on some fruit before going to watch over the demons.

“We have to act as humans for the whole time we are in public, so I say we just stay as far away from the humans and only focus on the demons.” Chani mumbled as he finished his apple. Taeyang frowned.

“We're Angels. We look after the humans…” Taeyang squinted his eyes at the youngest.

“Doesn't mean we have to actually speak to them. We are here to protect them from the demons. Which means we stay away at all costs since we are supposed to keep the demons away.” Chani reasoned as InSeong smiled at everyone.

“Chani’s right.” InSeong giggled as he pulled Taeyang out of the house as the rest followed. They all looked at the glamorous limousine in front of the mansion waiting for them.

“Get in Angels.” The driver spoke with respect as the Angels all bowed and entered the vehicle.

 

~Demons mansion~

“Goddamit! Dawon how ing dare you eat my food!” Rowoon screamed as Dawon laughed his off watching the handsome general go red and almost spit fire at him. Youngbin was sitting next to Rowoon as he tried not to laugh or show any interest.

“Not my fault you didn’t eat it fast enough.” Dawon smirked as he stuck his tongue out just as Rowoon through a steaming bowl of soup at the demon’s face. Dawoon screamed as he felt the hot broth hit his face.

Hwiyoung came into the room followed by Zuho. The brothers looked at each other as they took in the scene in front of them.

“So… I guess Dawon once again ate Rowoon’s food…” Hwiyoung sighed as he looked at the resistant Youngbin who had been trying to hold in laughter.

“Ya… anyways let’s go to that school now, I feel like we should get to entertain Zuho.” Youngbin grinned as he stood up and walked past everyone towards the door. The rest followed and all spread their wings to fly into town.

“I don’t see the point in flying when we could just drive…” Rowoon stated, Hwiyoung glared at him as they flew over to behind the school building and landed on the grounds of the huge school.

“Because why waste gas and cause more pollution?” Dawon smirked as Rowoon frowned.

“Then we should get rid of you.” Rowoon spit as Youngbin laughed hysterically while the brothers just rolled their eyes.

“Behave you guys, we are here to annoy the humans. Not each other.” Hwiyoung smirked as he saw a limo pull to the door by the back of the building near them. “Looks like the angels have shown up.” Zuho looked up at that as he waited for a certain angel to leave the vehicle.

As the Taeyang stepped out of the car he looked around spotting the demons not far away. He stood quickly and walked over to the demons as the other three angels quickly tried to stop him.

“I have questions you,” Taeyang pointed towards Hwiyoung and Zuho, “ need to answer. And I won’t take silence or useless reasons.” Taeyang stated rudely as he faced the Devil with zero fear etched onto his features.

“And your question is?” Zuho asked with confidence that surprised the angel into a state of shock.

“Why did my parents agree so easily to be brought down to Hell?” Taeyang asked softly as he saw the generals and the Devil’s facial features harden.

“Because, no matter how horrible your officials try to make us look like monsters. We are actually better than Heaven; we also allow our people to live peacefully without caring whether or not they talk to humans or angels or any other creatures.” Hwiyoung spoke with spite in his voice as Taeyang sighed.

“As I figured.” Taeyang frowned as he looked over his shoulder to look at his friends. “I knew my parents were signalling to me before they left that I should never stay forever in Heaven if those officials are still ruling. They don’t deserve to rule. They don’t let anyone be true ‘peacemakers’ since we aren't even seen as a anything but minions for them to use whenever they feel it’s necessary.” Taeyang spat as he turned back to Zuho.

“So you don’t like Heaven?” Zuho asked lightly as he studied the boy’s face.

“I love Heaven, but it isn’t what people think it is.” Taeyang was frowning deeply. Rowoon felt an instant pull towards the half breed angel as he saw the boy think of his next words. “I have my loyalty to Heaven, but I feel like I need to bow down to you…” Taeyang whispered. Zuho smirked.

“Your father, he is a demon. He was a high ranking warrior, I remember him. You look like him actually, but You have your mother’s eyes.” Zuho smiled sweetly making all the angels stare in disbelief. “Either way, of course you feel that way Taeyang, you are half demon, which makes you part of my kingdom so you are loyal to me as well.” Zuho placed his hand on top of the angels shoulder as he gently pushed him down. Taeyang quickly went down on his knee as he bowed down to the Devil. Chani and Jaeyoon in a breath as they witnessed the defense of the angel go away to show his loyalty to the demon king.

“Taeyang!” Jaeyoon screamed as he tried to run to pull the boy away from the clutches of the demons.

“Stop Jaeyoon.” Inseong said in a cold voice. Jaeyoon stopped suddenly at the order and stayed in his place watching the demons.

“Inseong! We need to snap Tae out of it! They’re controlling him!” Chani yelled at the Great Guardian who was staring into Zuho’s eyes.

“No. They aren’t, taeyang is conforming by himself. Have you ever wondered why the officials never wanted him near the demons? That’s because they knew his loyalty would switch as soon as he met with the Devil.” Inseong spoke in a low and steady voice as he watched Zuho’s every move. “Now demons you should go to class so you can make our jobs more interesting.” Zuho smirked.

“As in you want us to mess with the humans?” Zuho asked, Inseong nodded slowly while Chani and Jaeyoon stared at the elder with disbelief as Taeyang smiled towards his elder. “Well I guess I can’t say no to that beautiful face.” Zuho smirked as he and the rest of the demons vanished into thin air and the angels stood alone again.

“We need to stop them! Why are you letting them mess with humans when we were sent here to stop them!” Jaeyoon yelled as he stood in front of InSeong.

“Because there needs to be something to do in order for us to follow our orders.” InSeong spoke in a monotone voice as he stared dead into Jaeyoon’s eyes. Chani gulped and pulled Jaeyoon away and towards the school's doors.

“InSeong… Do you trust them?” Taeyang asked as he stood up and walked over to his eldest friend.

“You could say that.” InSeong smiled sweetly as he pushed Taeyang lightly towards the door. “You have no idea Tae, no idea…” InSeong whispered to himself.

~In class A~

“Zuho look at that ugly human,” Rowoon pointed towards a girl with long black hair with black eyes and a cute round face. Zuho looked towards the girl and almost laughed.

“It’s not that bad, I've seen worse. But you're right…” Zuho smirked as he lifted his pointer finger towards the girl while a dark dust started to surround his finger, but the door to the classroom opened to show InSeong and Taeyang walk in. The dust disappeared as Zuho’s attention was drawn towards the great guardian angel. He turned towards the humans to see their reactions to the Angels, which resulted in Zuho to become angry as he saw three human boys and bite their lips as they stared at Inseong’s body with hunger in their eyes.

“Please Inseong sit next to Zuho, Taeyang sit next to Rowoon.” The teacher spoke with a smile as the two angels bowed and sat down. Rowoon scuffed as he looked back at Zuho.

“Are you going to do something now?” Rowoon asked as he saw Zuho continue to stare at the three humans who were now staring at Inseong's profile.

“I'll do something with those three.” Zuho grumbled as he glared toward the three humans with his eyes turning black completely. InSeong noticed the change in atmosphere next to him and turned slightly to look up at Zuho who was taking the three humans souls from their bodies with no one else noticing. InSeong rolled his eyes and nudged the devil with his elbow softly making the demon look down at him but his eyes had changed back to normal.

“Don't” InSeong whispered as he looked towards the three humans who were now breathing harshly and looking around almost like they don't know where they are. Zuho frowned.

“You told me I could mess with them, is my little bunny now backing out of that request?” Zuho whispered into Inseong’s ear as the angel shivered.

“No, I'm not. I'm just telling you not to kill anyone. Or take their souls.” InSeong stated quietly as he looked up at the demon ruler. “And when did I become a bunny?” InSeong smiled softly. Zuho smirked and went to touch the angel’s face but was given a look from Rowoon who had turned around to saying something to Zuho.

“Don't interrupt their little thing going on, second mystery general.” Taeyang smiled kindly as he just looked toward the board with little interest in whatever the humans were learning.

“You have no right to tell me what to do, half breed.” Rowoon frowned as he looked at Taeyang’s profile with judgement. Taeyang glanced at the demon with gentle eyes as he smirked.

“You can't judge me by my history only from my actions and personality.” Taeyang gave Rowoon an once over. “No one should base everything off looks anyways, that's why the human race falls for your stunts.” Rowoon scratched the back of his neck while yawning.

“You know what, you are the only person I feel like I can't charm, eve I can charm my fellow  lower level generals, and I've been trying to do it to you, but it won't won't. Interesting…” Rowoon spoke with a tint of seduction. Taeyang scuffed.

“Oh please, you're ‘charms’ are nothing but looks. And I look for the real you underneath those looks of yours.” Taeyang laughed softly.

“What do you think of the ‘real’ me then?” Rowoon smirked cockily as Taeyang smirked back.

“I think you're an who gets everything he wants.” Taeyang patted the demon's head as he stood up along with the humans as the bell rang to signal their lunch break. “Let's go Inseong, the others are waiting.” Taeyang pulled Inseong’s arm softly as the older just nodded.

“I'll meet you there Tae.” InSeong spoke quietly as the Angel nodded and turned around leaving.

“Rowoon, you may leave to attend to my brothers needs. I'm going to talk to Mr. Gorgeous.” Zuho whispered into his  generals ear as he pushed him away.

“Just bring him with you. You do know Hwiyoung will cry if you don't come, well he'd try to cry.” Rowoon spoke in a monotone voice. InSeong smirked.

“I'll come.” InSeong felt the devil’s happiness before the latter expressed it.

“Okay let's go then.” Zuho took hold of InSeong’s wrist as he led him to the other demons.

Hwiyoung was the first to notice the Great Guardian being pulled along by his brother. Dawon was smirking as he noticed as well causing Youngbin to turn around and frown a tiny bit.

“Why is the sire bringing the angel?” Youngbin asked Rowoon as the second general stood by the others.

“I never thought the sire of all demons would fall for the Great Guardian.” Rowoon frowned slightly as he observed the two creatures. Hwiyoung stared at them with an unnoticeable glare.

“The angel could be of help anyways, maybe it’s a good thing Zuho wants to stick his in that beautiful angels .” Dawon smirked playfully, as his words hit Hwiyoung, the latter smacked Dawon on the head and walked closer to Zuho. “Ow… It was just a joke.” Dawon rubbed his head as the three demons stepped closer to their leader.

“Inseong-ah, we should introduce ourselves properly to you.” Hwiyoung smiled sweetly as he looked down at the angel.

“Oh, I know your names though. I was given them when I was told to go and watch over you.” Inseong smiled with his bunny teeth showing, making Zuho and Hwiyoung almost squish the angel’s cheeks.

“Doesn’t mean you got the right facts about us.” Rowoon spoke up from behind Hwiyoung. Inseong shrugged.

“I never believe the facts they tell us anyways. If you want to waste your breath by telling me, go ahead, but I would rather make my own judgements and have no high or low expectations of you five.” Inseong smiled sweetly at the demons. Just then the three other angels came into the hall the six were standing in and two of the three gasped.

“Inseong! Are you okay?” Jaeyoon screamed as he ran towards his friend, pushing Rowoon, Youngbin, and Hwiyoung in the process.

“You little-” Youngbin was about to cast a dark shadow over the angel, but was stopped by the hand of Rowoon.

“Don’t. Start. Anything.” Rowoon grunted angrily as he looked back at the angels. Chani and Taeyang stood where they first entered the hall, watching the scene play out.

“Do you think the officials are watching us?” Chani asked Taeyang who looked at the youngest with a worried frown.

“I hope not. If so, I don’t know what they’d do with Inseong, or me…”  Taeyang worried his lip between his teeth as he watched from afar.

“Jae, I’m fine. Now let go of me.” Inseong whined as he was being held quite tightly. Jaeyoon’s hold tightened at that as he looked around them at the demons before starting to drag Inseong back towards the two other angels. Inseong started to scream. “Let go of me!” Inseong screeched as he was being burned by Jaeyoon’s enraged body. When Jaeyoon gets extremely mad whatever he touches begins to burn, its a fault the Holy church thought would go away when he gained control of his powers, but sadly he still tends to burn everything. “Ah! It burns Jaeyoon, It BURNS!” Inseong ripped his arms out of Jaeyoon’s tight hold, the sound of snapping and a strangled cry from Inseong was enough to make Jaeyoon, Taeyang, and Chani to circle around their leader who was screaming in agony. Zuho had been feeling the flames inside his body emerge as he watched the scene, Hwiyoung turned to his brother as he felt heat radiate off of the elder.

“Brother, are you seriously going to hurt the angels?” Hwiyoung spoke with a bored expression. Youngbin and Rowoon were staring in shock as they finely got to see the third degree burn marks on Inseong’s arm.

“I wouldn’t blame you…” Rowoon spoke angrily as he looked towards his king.

“Neither would I.” Dawon said loudly. Youngbin’s eyes softened as he saw Jaeyoon crying while he tried to help his friend not be in pain.

“He didn’t mean to hurt the other.” Youngbin whispered. Zuho snapped his head towards the general. “It’s true he did hurt him, but there was no true intentions of hurting his own kind, let alone the Great Guardian.” Youngbin reasoned as he noticed Zuho’s hands gleam a light shade of blue, he knew the angel had no more chances.

Zuho disappeared and reappeared right behind Jaeyoon as the latter was trying to calm Inseong down. Zuho placed his hands on the angels back shocking Jaeyoon and knocking the angel out. Taeyang continued as if he didn’t see the devil electrocute his friend. Chani, on the other hand, shrieked as he saw what happened and quickly started to crawl away. He ended up smashing into Hwiyoung’s legs.

“Ow. That’s my ankle, kid.” Hwiyoung muttered as he looked down at the small angel. Chani looked up at the demon with big puppy eyes, making Hwiyoung smile.

“Please don’t hurt me…” Chani stuttered weakly as he looked into the demon’s eyes. Hwiyoung’s eyes flashed to a violet purple as he continued to look down at the young angel.

“What does purple eyes mean?” Youngbin asked Rowoon as they witnessed the demons eyes turn.

“Purple means calm, yet violet  means love or adoration…” Rowoon spoke quietly. “Only the sons of the previous king can show their emotions through their eyes.” Rowoon smirked as he looked towards Zuho, who's eyes were completely black as he continued to glare at Jaeyoon.

“You think Hwiyoung likes that angel?” Youngbin asked as Rowoon shrugged.

“Nothing else would explain his eyes changing. It's obviously genetic since Zuho seems to be liking InSeong. And the Great King of Hell, their grandfather, was in love with an angel but she was killed by the holy church… Remember?” Rowoon looked at Youngbin questioningly.

“Right…” Youngbin grinned as he looked back over to Zuho.

Zuho was about to send a final blow to Jaeyoon’s back but was stopped by a very small and pretty hand. “Inseong?” Zuho looked into Inseong's eyes as he turned towards the Angel. Zuho’s eyes slowly turned to a light pink. “Are you okay?” Zuho asked as he kneeled down to check the Angels wounds. The burns were now becoming worse as they continued to steam.

“Don’t hurt Jaeyoon. Please. He didn’t mean to burn me.” Inseong spoke into Zuho’s ear softly as he pulled Zuho closer to him.

“He hurt you, he deserves pain.” Zuho whispered back as Inseong continued to pull him down, closer to his limp body. Taeyang started to stand up as he went to check on Jaeyoon.

“Doesn’t mean I think he deserves it.” Inseong smiled weakly. “Someone bring me to a doctor” Inseong asked loud enough for Taeyang and Chani to turn around and try and get to their elder, but was held back by Hwiyoung and Rowoon.

“I’ll bring you.” Zuho spoke as he lifted the angel up and into his arms. Jaeyoon looked up from the ground and was going to shoot a beam at Zuho to stop him from touching Inseong but his hand was stumped on.

“No” Youngbin seethed as he held Jaeyoon down while Zuho carried Inseong away.

“Let me go you filthy beast!” Jaeyoon screamed into Youngbin’s face as he stood up and tried to run towards the their two leaders. Rowoon and Hwiyoung gasped at the name Jaeyoon called Youngbin as Dawon glared at the angel.

“How dare you.” Rowoon said with hatred towards the angel. Taeyang looked at the beautiful demon holding him still with shock.

“Watch what you say to us Jaeyoon. The heavens are run by scum like you and it’s sad. These humans don’t even know the first thing about heaven or hell, and yet they choose your corput realm over ours. They think your’s is better yet they don’t know the truth nor do you.” Hwiyoung spoke as his eyes flashed black. Chain was staring up at the demon with thoughtful yet scared eyes.

“We’re not corrupt! You are! Hell is where the fallen angels or hideously vain creatures are sent to when they have done wrong. Heaven is the place where everything good lyes. Don't try and make our home look like because you have a screwed up way of how a realm should work!” Jaeyoon screamed at Hwiyoung. Youngbin then grabbed Jaeyoon’s shoulder tightly, breaking it in the process as he threw the Angel into a row of lockers.

“Don't you dare speak to our first in command, let alone the Devil's brother, like that.” Youngbin yelled. Jaeyoon looked up at the angry demon with a fearful look. Taeyang and Chano glanced at each other before Chani tried to stop Youngbin from hurting Jaeyoon anymore, but was held tightly by Hwiyoung.

“Don’t hurt him please!” Chani yelled as his voice broke causing Youngbin to stop slightly and turn to look at the young angel.

“What makes you think we’ll listen to you?” Dawon asked as he kneeled in front of Chani who had fallen to his knees. Chani shook his head rapidly as his eyes grew wider.

“Don’t hurt us please… I just don’t want to get hurt.” Chani whispered as Hwiyoung lowered himself to the angel’s height.

“Back off, all of you. Go home, Zuho and I will meet you back at the house.” Hwiyoung ordered with no hint of tolerance to anymore . Youngbin and Dawon nodded their heads before disappearing, but Rowoon stayed.

“I’ll deal with these three Hwi, go find Zuho.” Rowoon spoke softly as he released Taeyang’s shoulder. Hwiyoung nodded before giving Chani one last look, and vanished.

“What are you going to do to us?” Chani asked quietly. Rowoon laughed sweetly.

“I just want you all to know that no matter what you want or what you think, we demons’ will always have the upper hand.” Rowoon smirked playfully as he helped Chani stand up. He walked over to Jaeyoon who had been watching him. “You should watch your mouth, our leader wouldn’t like the tone and words you use on us. Nor does he like that you hurt his precious.” Rowoon smirked as He saw Jaeyoon’s eyes widen.

“Precious? Inseong is his precious?” Jaeyoon asked. Rowoon nodded. “So like he imprinted on him… or?” The angel asked quietly.
“Imprinted? I don’t understand what you mean by that, but he definitely knows who his soulmate is and he found him.” Rowoon smiled before turning back to Taeyang. The angel just stared back at the intense eyes before the demon vanished.

“Let’s go find Inseong.” Jaeyoon said timidly before getting up and following the two towards the nurse.