Prologue

Waves Of Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer vacation is the only way for Tao to be himself and not being the boy that his parents want him to be.

A month of relaxation and away from the pressure from studies and to the person who is molding you into someone you’re not. A month is enough for him and that’s not all, he can also visit one of the gorgeous beaches in China which are once called “The island of Music” and being able to spend time with his grandpa.

If he has to choose who he cares and loves the most between his parents and grandpa, he will choose his grandpa without any hesitation.  His parents only came to the picture once he started high school while his grandpa was beside him ever since he can remember.

On the way to his Grandpa, he lazily stares at the window as he witnesses the changes of the scenery from tall buildings and glamor houses to lands filled with trees and field.

The trip took him 5 hours but it’s all worth cause as soon as he steps down from the train he immediately breathes in the fresh air from the area as he stretches this arms.

“I’m finally here,” Tao said as he grabs his language and went to the to the bus where will be stopping close to his Grandpa’s place.

Now he is staring at a house, two stories high and painted in light beige. He knocks and says “Grandpa, I’m here.” But no one answered, “I guess his sleeping.” He said as he went straight to a pot and lift it up revealing the spare key.

Once that the key is in his hands, he unlocks the door and steps inside as he examines the surroundings and stumbles on the picture frame hanging on the wall, A drawing of his back in elementary. It is a drawing of him and his grandpa smiling.

 

Once that reaches the mater’s bedroom, he quietly opens the door and sees his grandpa sleeping peacefully. Tao smiles and walk beside his grandpa and gently patted the head and said “I’m back” then quietly leaves the room. Since he knew that his grandpa will be in dreamland for more couple hours so he decided to cook dinner but as soon as he opens the refrigerator, empty.

 

“Why is this empty?!” Tao said a little frustrated with what he see but decided to calm himself and grab a piece of paper and a pen and just jotted down everything that is needed before grabbing his wallet and left the house.

 

As he starts to walk to the store as well as to enjoy the view and the memories that come along with it. Nothing seriously has changed in the area since there are less population and tourists are rarely to be found in the area. As he continues to walk he notices two men walking towards him.

“Hey Kitty, You alone?” The man said in English and Tao can smell the reek of alcohol on the man.
“Who have thought that there will be a beauty in this boring place.” Said the other man.

Tao tries to understand what are men are talking about even though it’s just word by word. I should have pay attention to my English class. Tao stepped back a little bit scared of the drunk men as he figures out what is going on.

“What’s wrong?” The man said with a devilish smile making Tao a little freakout but his feet just won’t move “We just to have fun.” As they start to walk forward.

“Umm. I’m going to – “ Tao said in his lowest voice as possible and ready to leave but the man suddenly grabs his wrist.

“Not so fast,” The man said smirking “You are coming with us” He continues as the man aggressively pulling Tao.

Tao tries to release his wrist from the man’s grip but the other is stronger than him “Please, No.” Tao said as he tries to stop his tears from falling.

This is it… It is my first night and I am going to get by this drunken foreigners.

“Hey, what are you doing?”  Tao look up to see who owns that voice as he sees a man not far from them standing while carrying some plastic bags. The man left what he is carrying and walk towards them.

I’m save

“Who the heck are you?” The drunk man asks in a stern voice but the guy didn't say anything as he snatches Tao’s wrist and pulled him closer to the point that Tao's head is on the man’s chest.

“He is with me, got a problem with that?” said in a low voice as possible with a stern look on his face making the two drunk man look at each other before leaving.

The man looks at the boy who is still shaking as he holds the hem of his t-shirt "Are you okay?" 

When Tao finally calms down, He looks at the man who saves him and dear lord, He is gorgeous. With his dirty blonde hair, plump lips pointed nose and a pair of mysterious eyes. 

"Thank you," Tao said as he shyly looks down embarrassed on how he find the person who saves him smoking hot and close to his ideal man.

When the man notices that the other just blankly stare at him "Are you really okay?" The man said but this time in Mandarin.

Tao looks at him with a sunrise expression "You know Chinese?" The man chuckles that made Tao's heart skips a beat "I'm Chinese but grew up in Canada"

"You don't look like Chinese." Tao shyly said, " I get that a lot but thank you." The replied as he smiles showing off his pearly white teeth and pink gums.

"Thank you very much for helping me back then. I thought that i will be a goner." Tao said in Mandarin as he bowed "How can i repay you." Tao added.

"You see, I am a tourist here and I am kinda lost. Can you help me to go to Crown Tit Hotel?" The man said.

Tao smiled "Sure i can take you there ~ "

"Btw, my name is Huang Zitao but call me Tao instead. Nice to meet you." 
The man looks at him "My name is Wu Yifan. Nice to meet you too" 

They both smile at each other and walking, As tao leads the way. The journey sure is quite and a bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter