Final

Good Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

good night.

words: 1553 w.
genre: romance, fluff, university!au
summary: baekhyun never imagined himself getting addicted to the sight of a girl wearing pajamas with kiddie prints and messy hair, but he did.

 

 

It all started one chilly, winter evening. Baekhyun was hunched over his study table, adjusting his lamp so the light would prevent from creating a glare on his glasses. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was munching happily on his potato chips while trying his hardest to contemplate whether his calculus assignment would be applied to his current course and future job. Chanyeol failed to see any connection because there was no connection at all.

Where Baekhyun excelled in academics, Chanyeol was average. And where Chanyeol excelled in being a social butterfly, well, let’s say Baekhyun was trying. 

Not really, but Baekhyun had to because suddenly he’s opening the door to you wearing pink pajamas with bunny prints and an oversized tee. Hair strands were sticking out in different directions and Baekhyun tried to keep his hands from reaching out to comb your messy hair with his fingers.

Chanyeol peeked over to see Baekhyun completely dumbfounded by the front door. For a boy with an unstoppable mouth, it amazed Chanyeol how you could make Baekhyun speechless in a second. At that moment, Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was ed. Big time.

No one can make the almighty Baekhyun speechless and yet here you were doing the impossible.

“I’m sorry if this is so sudden but I really need your textbook for Advanced Chemistry,” you pleaded, a hint of desperation covering your voice. Baekhyun noticed how you were rubbing your palms to your sides to create warmth.

“Uh, yeah, sure. Please, come in.” Baekhyun offered. You entered inside their dorm and sat down beside Chanyeol on the couch while Baekhyun finds his textbook.

Chanyeol examined your disheveled state. You were kinda cute but not exactly his type. Chanyeol tapped your shoulder before flashing a wide teethy grin. “Hi, I’m Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s roommate. And you are?”

Baekhyun cuts his best friend off by saying your name rather than saying it yourself. You raised your brow. How does Baekhyun know your name? As far as you know, you haven’t had a decent conversation with the guy.

“Here you go. You can return the book next week or any time convenient for you.” Baekhyun passed you his textbook and you slightly bowed your head, muttering an inaudible thank you.

Baekhyun escorted you out of the dorm. See, what’s good about borrowing textbooks from your neighbor is that your ‘neighbor’s’ dorm is right in front of yours. You beamed, “Thanks for the book again. I really appreciate your help even if we pass by each other every morning and this is our first real conversation.”

In Baekhyun’s defense, he wasn’t just passing by you. He was trying to sync with your timing. Both of you had morning classes and maybe Baekhyun was waiting for you to come out the door so that he could take a glimpse of you. He wasn’t going to admit that, of course.

“Do you want us to have more?” Baekhyun said out of the blue which caught you off guard. You wanted to say yes but then again, you two weren’t so close.

“I don’t know,” You rubbed your nape nervously. You can hear your the beat of your heart quickening as your heart rammed against your chest. “Maybe some other time.”

You held up the textbook he lent you. “I still have a lot of studying to do.”

Baekhyun lightly chuckled. He thought the voice at the back of his head was right. That he was going to get rejected in such a short amount of time but it didn’t seem that way. You opened the door to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter