Eleven

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie, Lisa, and their friends arrived at the library, still not believing what they had seen earlier.

Bomi opens the front door for her friends. “How could Jichu get nervous about simply giving flowers to someone she’s already known for like, twenty years?!”

“Lower your voice. We’re going into a library,” reminds Eunji as she walks in first.

“Yeah, I’ve seen Jichu give Rose flowers many times before, like for her birthday, or when congratulating her.” Seolhyun frowns at a girl who bumps into her, before following Eunji through the door.

“I don’t get it! It was as if Jichu was dating for the first time!” adds Hyejeong, confused.

“I know, right? That’s like you getting nervous about skipping a class!” Lisa looks around the library to see if there was anyone she knew.

Namjoo was feeling a bit dazed. “She has flirted with hundreds of girls without hesitation, many of them being much more intimidating than Rose. This just doesn’t make any sense to me.”

Eunji was just as puzzled as the others were. “Right, she’s a player who effortlessly flirts with strangers at clubs and bars.”

The group of girls manages to find an unoccupied table. They set their backpacks down onto the table top, and placed their coats onto the backs of their selected chairs. Several of the girls opened their backpacks and pulled their study materials out, while the others checked their phones.

Bomi plays with her pen, reluctant to start studying. She notices Jennie frowning at her phone. “Uh, Jen? What’s wrong?” she asks curiously.

Lisa leans over to look at Jennie’s phone. She gasps when she reads the message. “Unnie, what are we going to do? It’s way too early in their relationship for her to be showing up!”

“All we can do right now is to warn Jichu.” Jennie quickly types a response on her phone.

 

---

 

Jisoo and Rose strolled through the campus, holding hands. Though the sky was partly cloudy, the afternoon temperature was mildly warm.

It was the time of day when the majority of students were done with their classes, so a large number of them were walking around, socializing with their friends, or simply enjoying the weather.

Rose turns to her girlfriend and smiles. “You were so cute when you were giving me the flowers,” she says, in a tone that was both affectionate and teasing.

Is she referring to when I stuttered? Jisoo simply smiles in response, not really wanting to discuss that particular moment. She still couldn’t get over what had happened. Why did I suddenly lose my confidence for that brief moment? That’s not supposed to happen to me.

I’m sure it was just a onetime thing. That was my first time giving her a romantic gift, so I was just a little bit anxious, that’s all.

Unfortunately for Jisoo, Rose wasn’t ready to forget about it. “And what made it even cuter was how you looked while you did that. It almost seemed like you were actually nervous,” comments the younger girl, giggling.

“I was just acting nervous to make things easier for you,” Jisoo explains in a nonchalant manner, while checking her nail polish. “I know how shy you can get when you receive presents.”

“You did that for me? What a thoughtful girlfriend I have, acting so tentative and stuttering for my sake!” responds Rose, pretending to sound quite flattered.

Jisoo gives her girlfriend a side glance. “Are you making fun of me?”

“No, I would never do tha-” Rose squeals before finishing her sentence, which was the result of Jisoo giving Rose a kiss on her neck.

The younger girl’s face turns red as she experiences an unfamiliar tingling sensation.  “Jichuuuuu!” she exclaims, giggling as she playfully pushes her girlfriend away. “What the hell?!” Oh my god, that felt… kind of amazing.

Jisoo smiles innocently, as though nothing had just happened. “That’s what happens when you get too naughty with me.”

It was only a quick kiss, but it left quite an impression on Rose. She looks down, hiding her grin and blushing cheeks with her hair as she thought about what her girlfriend had just done.

 

The couple resumes their walk.

Rose admires her bouquet and takes in its scent, causing a content smile to form on her lips. My sweet girlfriend bought me flowers. That’s such a romantic thing for her to do. “I want to decide what to do for our second date.”

Jisoo looks at her approvingly. “Ooh, look at you, starting to take charge already. I like that.”

Rose makes eye contact briefly, and then grins shyly as she turns her attention back to the bouquet. “I want to keep it simple this time. No fancy restaurants or anything expensive.”

“Are you talking to me, or the flowers?” teases Jisoo, trying not to squeal at how adorably her girlfriend was acting while being shy.

Rose blushes slightly as she smacks her girlfriend’s shoulder. “Don’t tease me! I’m still getting used to doing this!” she whines.

“Used to doing what?”

The younger girl lets her girlfriend’s hand go, and then adjusts a few of the flowers in her bouquet. “You know, us talking about dates, and being romantic with each other,” Rose says timidly, as she continues to fidget with her bouquet.

“Oh my god, you are so cute!” Jisoo hugs Rose from the side and kisses her cheek.

The younger girl’s heart beats faster and her blushes intensify as she giggles. 

“You’re making me want to kiss you even more.” Jisoo kisses her cheek a few more times, finishing with a peck on her lips.

Rose continues giggling. “Jichu, stop that, people are looking!”

“Then let them see this.” Jisoo gives her another peck on her lips. The older girl ignores the chime from her phone, indicating that she received a text message.

“Ok, that’s enough!” Rose has a big smile on her face, and her cheeks were still red. “We need to get back on track, and discuss our second date.”

Jisoo hugs Rose a little tighter from the side, pressing them closer together. “So what do you have in mind, sweetie?”

The younger girl’s heart starts pounding faster than before. “L-Let’s start with taking a walk around campus.”

“But we’re already doing that.”

“I just want to spend time with you, doing normal everyday things.”

“Strolling around our university doesn’t sound like much of a date,” replies Jisoo, resting her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

The younger girl squeals internally. “F-for me, it… it w-would be the perfect start to our second date.”

“All right, if that’s what my honey muffin wants, then let’s do it.”

Rose smiles, her excitement helping her get over the shyness she felt before. “This is our first walk through Seoul University as girlfriends!”

“It sure is.” Jisoo pauses, and then looks curiously at the younger girl. “Now what do we do?”

Rose was confused by her girlfriend’s question. “What do you mean?”

“I’m still a bit lost as to how this is considered as being on a date.”

“Oh Jichu, you’re so silly sometimes,” says Rose affectionately, smiling. “Dates don’t always have to consist of organized outings, like movies, dinner, or a walk on a beach.”

“I thought the purpose of going on dates is to have more intimacy with someone, while being in a romantic atmosphere,” says the older girl. So that I can eventually get into their .

“Don’t get me wrong, those things are very nice to have on a date, but dates really should be about spending time with someone and getting to know them better.”

Jisoo was about to answer but she unintentionally notices a curvaceous girl, wearing leather pants, walking past them. She couldn’t help staring. Wow, that is quite an .

“What are you looking at?” There was an edge in Rose’s voice. 

Jisoo quickly turns her attention back to her girlfriend and smiles. “I was just thinking about how your is so much better than that girl’s.”

Rose looks at Jisoo with narrowed eyes. I know I shouldn’t expect her to change after a couple of days, but I hate it when other girls get her attention.

The older girl’s gaze moves downward. “I’m sorry, but I’m so used to checking girls out and thinking of them ually,” Jisoo apologizes, placing her hand onto Rose’s and its curves. Her heart starts racing when she was able to feel how tight the younger girl’s jeans were. I love how you have the tenden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter