Ten

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rose awakens from her light slumber. It was still mostly dark in her bedroom; the sun was barely lighting the sky. What time is it? She glances at her clock to find that it was only 5:07 A.M.

It was an hour before the normal time Rose gets up for school, and yet she wasn’t feeling tired at all. She was still feeling the adrenaline and excitement of having gone out on a date with Jisoo the night before, and her mind kept replaying the events that occurred during their outing.

The orange-haired girl smiles as she thinks about some of her favorite moments of the date; like the times when she and Jisoo held each other close and had private conversations. The intimacy that they shared during those moments made her heart race, thrilled to be feeling closeness to the older girl in a way that she had never experienced before.

Rose adjusts her position, laying on her back and staring at the ceiling. It’s still hard for me to believe that I actually went out on a date with my longtime crush last night. Did it really happen? It wasn’t just a dream, was it?

She turns to the maknae, hoping for some reassurance. It was difficult to see her, but Rose could perceive the motionless shape of the sleeping blonde, covered by her blanket. “Lisa.”

No response.

Rose tries again, but a little louder this time. “Lisa.”

Still no response.

“Lisa!”

“Huh? What? Is it time to get up already? Nooooo, let me sleep longerrrrr…” Lisa whines drowsily, covering her face with her blanket.

Rose sits up, staring intently at the blonde. “Was I really on a date with Jichu yesterday?”

“Hm.”

“Are you… are you sure?”

Lisa mumbles something that Rose couldn’t understand.

“Never mind.” The orange-haired girl gets out of bed and walks out into the living room, wearing only her short-sleeved t-shirt and pajama pants.

Feeling too excited to sleep, she decides to go into the kitchen and make breakfast.

 

The living room was lit only by a lamp, but it was enough light for Rose to see Jennie asleep on their couch. The brunette’s hair was a complete mess, as if she had just ran a marathon on a blustery day. And she was sloppily dressed, looking like someone who had only ten seconds to put their clothes on.

Rose’s lips curled up into a half grin, remembering what her girlfriend had done to Jennie. “No wonder you’re so tired,” she mutters. She takes a blanket out of the hallway closet and places it on her friend.

After turning the light on in the kitchen, she heads over to the stove and reheats a pot of leftover green tea. She looks out the window while she waits.

Rather than observing what was outside, her mind started wandering towards her girlfriend again. A smile grew on her face as she continues to think about her first date with Jisoo. Her heart flutters as she recalls the feeling of holding hands, and the affectionate gestures that the older girl had made on her. She had longed for Jisoo to do those things with her for years, ever since she’s seen Jisoo’s interactions with the other girls. Finally, it’s my turn now. I don’t have to fantasize about what it’s like to be receiving Jichu’s loving affections anymore.

That thought made her smile grow bigger. I still can’t believe that this is really happening. Just a few days ago, we were simply close friends. And now we’re girlfriends, trying to build a loving relationship.

Rose turns the stovetop off and pours the tea into a cup. She brings the warm liquid up to her lips and takes a sip. I really want to see Jichu right now, but I shouldn’t interrupt her sleep.

She pauses, and then takes another sip. It won’t hurt if I just take a peek, right?

Rose smiles at the thought of seeing her girlfriend sleeping as she walks over to Jisoo and Jennie’s bedroom door. She slowly opens it.

The sun was now casting a dim light through the windows, so it was easier to see without turning the light on.

The orange-haired girl approaches her girlfriend’s bed, and her heart melted at the sight. Jisoo was lying on her side, and had her hair in a ponytail. Her eyes were closed, and had a serene look on her face as she slept.

Rose bit her lower lip, feeling a strong temptation to caress her girlfriend’s cheek. Aww, she looks so cute! I just have to touch her. No, I don’t want to wake her up. She might get upset. And maybe she’ll think I’m weird for coming into her room and touching her face while she sleeps.

She sighs as she continues admiring the older girl’s face. I don’t want to be a bad girlfriend. I’ll have to be content with just watching her sleep.

However, the temptation was too strong to resist. Rose slowly reaches for Jisoo’s cheek until she hears footsteps behind her. She quickly pulls her hand back.

“Rose? What are you doing in here?” whispers Jennie tiredly.

“Nothing! I was getting ready to make breakfast!” Rose whispers back, edging towards the door.

Still not fully awake, Jennie confusedly watches her younger friend hurry out into the living room. What does standing near Jichu’s bed have to do with making breakfast?

Maybe I didn’t see it correctly, but it looked like Rose was reaching for Jichu’s s. That could be why she was so embarrassed to see me. I never knew she was such a . The brunette sleepily grabs her bathrobe and towel, and then walks to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Flustered at being nearly caught, Rose hastily takes a frying pan out of the stove and starts heating it. Then she pulls a carton of eggs out of the refrigerator and prepares to make omelets. Jendeuk almost caught me! I hope she was too sleepy to remember this. I’d be so embarrassed if the others heard about what I was doing.

She sighs, smiling as she pictured her girlfriend’s sleeping face. My Jichu looked so sweet and innocent. I really wanted to caress her. Next time, I’m going to just go for it and touch her cute cheeks!

Later, as Rose was mixing the egg whites and the yolks with a spatula, she feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist and gives her a backhug.

“Good morning, honey,” greets Jisoo sweetly, nuzzling Rose’s cheek. “How’s my little princess today?”

The younger girl gasps, nearly dropping her spatula. She was so absorbed with thinking about Jisoo while making omelets that she wasn’t expecting anyone to suddenly show up in the kitchen.

The feeling of shock quickly fades as her girlfriend’s intimate embrace causes her heart rate to speed up considerably for a different reason.

Rose grins widely with pleasure, feeling her cheeks burning. She could only respond by giggling.

Jisoo smiles warmly as she rests her chin on Rose’s shoulder. Just when she thought her adoration for the younger girl couldn’t get stronger, the cuteness of Rose being shy and giggly was making her heart melt in ways that she’s never experienced before. Jisoo tucks her girlfriend’s hair behind her ear and kisses the younger girl’s blushing cheek. “You’re so precious.”

“Jichu, stop, I’m trying to make omelets,” Rose whines, blushing deeper while still smiling. She was enjoying getting the attention that she was yearning for since she got up.

“Did you say you want another kiss? Of course, sweetie.” Jisoo grins as she kisses her girlfriend’s cheek again.

Rose laughs. “Stop! I can’t concentrate!”

Jisoo’s grin becomes bigger as her attention shifts elsewhere. “I really like feeling your y pressed against me. It’s my favorite part of backhugging you.”

The younger girl stops laughing as she pictures where her was making contact with her girlfriend. No! Stop thinking about that! As she quickly tries to think about something else, she suddenly becomes aware of the softness of her girlfriend’s s against her back. “Are you not wearing a bra?”

Jisoo resumes resting her chin on her girlfriend’s shoulder. “You know I don’t wear bras when I sleep.”

Rose’s cheeks heats up even more. It was getting warmer in the kitchen as she tried hard not to think about her girlfriend’s body. “Jichu! Backhugging me while being braless is inappropriate!”

“I’m still wearing a shirt, so it’s very appropriate.” Jisoo moves her right hand upward from the younger girl’s waist and her girlfriend’s s. A wide grin slowly appears on Jisoo’s lips again. “Mmm, apparently, you’re braless too.”

Rose gasps, and then smacks Jisoo’s hand. “I can’t believe you just did that!”

“Maybe it’ll be more believable if I did it again,” Jisoo suggests mischievously as she starts reaching for the younger girl’s chest again.

Rose grabs her girlfriend’s wrist and playfully bites the older girl’s fingers.

“Ahh!” Jisoo smacks Rose’s shoulder. “That’s no way to treat your beautiful and perfect girlfriend!”

The younger girl laughs. “That’s what you get for trying to touch me there again!”

“I’m glad that you found that so amusing.” Jisoo retaliates by lightly nibbling her girlfriend’s earlobe.

Rose squeals, blushing intensely as she felt a shiver run through her body. She was completely surprised by her girlfriend’s action, and the sensation she got from it. “Stop that!” she scolds, giggling.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie and Lisa watched the two girls from the dining room.

“Well, I guess it’s nice that they’re interacting like a couple?” comments the maknae with uncertainty. Though she preferred the idea of Jisoo being flirtatious with Rose instead of some random girl that Jisoo was having a fling with, Lisa still felt weird about them being girlfriends.

The brunette frowns. Seeing her close friends laughing and flirting with each other was not what she wanted to start her day with. “Not really. I want my breakfast.”

“I don’t think I’m going to eat what Rose unnie is making,” says Lisa apprehensively, picturing her omelet getting burnt. I hope Rose unnie remembered to get my family-sized box of Frosted Flakes.

Jennie sighs. “Looks like I’m going to have to take over before our omelets gets too ed up.”

 

---

 

Rose and Jennie walked together around the campus. Their geography class had ended early, and they were done with classes for the day.

Jennie pulls a bag of potato chips out from her backpack and opens it. Now that Jichu isn’t here to make Rose act weird, I can get some answers. “It’s been one day since you two have started dating. And during that time, you two have kissed, held hands, and become girlfriends. Are things going as planned?” She holds the bag towards her friend.

Rose takes ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter