3. Sleepover

It's not about you, it's about me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Did you want to see me, Miss Kim ?” She smiled as she saw me entering her office and made me a sign to sit down on the chair in front of her desk. It’s Friday and today it’s the only day of the week when I don’t have Korean classes, so I haven’t seen her the whole day. She sent a student from another grade to tell me that she wants to meet me in her office. I’m not that surprised, I just hate the erted looks my friends gave me when I left the classroom. For some reasons, she begin getting close to me out of nowhere since yesterday; she invited me over for dinner and opened up to me about her problems. It’s the first time I saw her like this, she usually is difficult to approach and she acts coldly when students try to talk to her in private.

“I hope you’re free this evening.”

“I am free. Why do you ask ?”

“I want you to spend the night at my house.” What ?! Am I hearing this right ? She wants me to sleep at her house ? “You can tell your parents you’re at one of your friends’ house.”

“You want me to lie to my parents ?”

“It’s up to you. I just want you to spend the night with me.”

 

----

 

“I’m sorry that you had to leave so early yesterday. I didn’t know they were going to show up.” She took my hand, leading me from the kitchen and through the living room, up to a small corridor that has a door on both of its sides. We just had dinner and unlike yesterday when the food was already prepared, today she let me help with the cooking, since she didn’t have time to do it by herself ahead of time because we came here directly from school. It was nice to be around be for a few hours; going grocery shopping together, cooking together. It makes me so happy just to have her beside me and doing all of these things together, it feels like we are a real couple. I wish everyday would be like this but I know something like this can’t happen, at least not in the near future.

“That’s ok. I’m here now.” I gave her a bittersweet smiled as we entered inside of what I assume it’s her bedroom. I don’t know, everything that happened today it makes me so sad. If I could go back in time I would refuse to come here today; I’m scared that I might get used to all of this and I won’t be able to say goodbye when she’ll leave for France. I’m scared that my crush for her will turn into true love and I will suffer terribly because of her but at the same time, I don’t want to let go. I don’t care how long it will take or how difficult it will be, I will still tag along with her even if she wants me around or not.

“Jennie-yah, did you hear what I said ?”

“Huh ?”

“Aish, you spaced out. I said I’m going to take a shower.” She said, taking some clothes out of her closet before entering the bathroom. I looked at the closed door, my mind going back to the thoughts I had just a few moments ago as I sat down on the edge of her bed. She came out in a couple of minutes and laid down, telling me to also take a shower because she already prepared everything for me.

….

And indeed she did prepare everything; new unused toothbrush and underwear, clean towels, a pair of pink shorts, a white t-shirt and a large variety of soaps, shampoos and body lotions all peach scented. Did she plan to bring me here or something ? And peach agai

Please log in to read the full chapter