1. None of your business

It's not about you, it's about me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jennie, Johnny, follow me.”  I looked at my chubby friend named Johnny who was also just as confused as I was. Our Korean teacher, Miss Kim, came to our classroom right after our math class was over. The two of us followed Miss Kim down the school hallway, all the way to her office.

“Why are we here, Miss ?” Johnny asked as she walked us inside her office.

“I need you to carry some books back to your classroom. Johnny, you take those ten and Jennie you take the other five.” Ah yes, I remember now. The school’s library is under renovation and some of its books were moved to Miss Kim’s office, while the other books, well I don’t know.

“There are twenty-three of us and here are only fifteen books.” I said looking at her quite confused. Johnny was already gone and left me alone with her. He knows, I think everybody knows about me and my crush on Miss Kim.  It’s my fault that I make it too obvious I admit,  but how can I resist not staring at her during the class when she’s the most perfect human being I ever met. Her long wavy raven hair, her fair skin and her red colored lips are few of the things I like about her. The way she talks to everybody, the way she’s gesturing her hands when she’s teaching her subject, her body language, I like everything. Even her lame jokes that nobody laughs at are perfect.

“I know. I’ll carry the other ones.”

“Are you sure ?”

“I’m sure, Jennie. Now go and give each your classmates a book.” I looked at her for a few seconds before actually leaving the office. Hmm… she seems awfully happy today for some odd reasons.

“Here.” I threw a book on Hayi’s desk, startling her.

“What is this crap ?”

“A book from Miss Kim. Read it.”

“She can shove it back in her a$$, I’m not going to read this bullsh!t.” I gave Hayi a smack on the back of her neck before giving the books to the rest of my friends: Rosé, Lisa and Olivia. Hayi always reads but not the books we actually need for school, she only reads everything fantasy and romance related. She got scolded may times by the teachers for reading during classes but she never listens. She just sits there in the first row and acts like it’s normal to not pay attention to the class. She’s lucky our next class is Korean and Miss Kim allows her to read whatever she likes.

“Oh my god, books again ? I’m so sick of reading and I also don’t have time for it. I have an a

Please log in to read the full chapter