Friendship

Pag-ibig na Kaya

JIYONG’s POV

 

It was so hard sending Yoona back to her home! She wants me to enter even if I’ve rejected her the nth time. She’s just too sweet that I have no choice but to comply.

 

Her parents are kind and down to earth. “Thanks for sending her home. She does not listen to anyone except you Jiyong,” her mother said.

 

“No problem Mrs. Im but I’m afraid this has to stop. She needs to learn to listen to other people and obey to their rules.”

 

“We know that young man,” Mr. Im stated, “What if you start dating Yoona and maybe, just maybe, you can change her,” was the shocking suggestion.

 

I remained silent and speechless. I did not like the idea, it sounds so never mind. “I’m sorry Mr. Im but I’m afraid I can’t be in a relationship with Yoona, she’s only a sister to me,” was my honest reply.

 

They frowned but accepted the truth and asked, “Is it because you are in love with someone else that you can’t feel that romantic feeling with our Yoona?”

 

And the first name that popped up was Dara’s name. Her smile, sad face, frowning face, excited face, to make the story short, her 100 emotions. Why?

 

“I… I do not know Mr. and Mrs. Im. I have to go home. It’s getting late.”

 

“Bye. Please come again,” Mrs. Im said and with that I just smiled.

 

At my home…

 

 

“What took you so long in going online son?! I’m waiting for like fifteen minutes!”

 

“I’m sorry mom, I just have to send someone home.”

 

“So how was the birthday of Dara?”

 

“It went perfect ma. She’s very happy by the happenings today.”

 

“So…”

 

“So… what?”

 

“Are you going to tell me how are your sister and her tattooed boyfriend going on?”

 

“Ma you have to stop worrying about them. Durami is perfectly happy and her tattooed boyfriend is not what you think the one who is barbaric in fact, he is the total opposite of it.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes ma. Have fun in your seminar their and I’ll take care of the rest.”

 

“What about Dara?”

 

“What about Dara ma?”

“I’m going to ask you for the gazillion time, do you like her? I mean, wait do not speak yet, the two of you are inseparable, is there a chance?”

 

“And I’m going to say for the gazillion time, it’s not possible.”

 

“Why?”

 

“MA. I’ve got to go to sleep. I’m going to have a very busy day tomorrow. Goodnight! Sweet dreams!” I said and hurried in signing out.

 

Why do people always ask if I’m in love with Dara? Do I look like one?

 

After cleaning myself, I lied down in my bed. I look at my ceiling with me and Dara’s picture of our first day of friendship. “She’s a crazy best friend.”

 

After the typing master contest, I decided that I want to be friends with her so I kept following her. “I’m very annoyed by your presence Mr. Kwon,” she said raising an eyebrow to me.

 

“I just want to be friends with you but you evade me always so I’ll follow you.”

 

“Friends? With you? Are you crazy? Don’t you have other friends?”

 

“With the first question, yes, friends. With the second one, yes with you Ms. Dara Park. With the third question, I’m perfectly normal. And with the last question, I have friends but I want to have many friends. That makes a happy world.”

 

She laughed and said, “In one condition.”

 

“I’ll be happy to do that,” I said making a gesture of a butler.

 

“You have to help me get this teddy bear,” she said showing a picture of a purple stuffed toy with weird face but somehow, I found it cute.

 

“Why that? Don’t you want flowers and other girly things?”

 

“No. Besides this is MY condition so do it if you want. I’m not going to force!”

 

“W-wait! I’ll do it. Where can I get that toy?”

 

“It’s one of the stalls near W&M Street. I’m going and good luck!” she said giving me the picture.

 

After class, I directly went their and found out, I should win a game before choosing the toy.

 

However, it was not an easy game. I have to win against a child who looks like a pro in playing this game.

 

“Hyung! I want to win this game so I won’t be easy on you!!!”

 

“Huh? I too won’t be going very easy on you!”

 

The game says the one to eat more donuts will win. I can do this! But actually this is my first time in entering in this kind of game.

 

So as expected, the young child ate like a monster who has been so hungry for destruction! And on the other hand, I... I... eat like a gentle man.

 

"You won't win with that strategy," the facilitator commented. So I ate faster, shoving 4 donuts in my mouth. It...it does not feel good! At the end, the young child won. T-T

 

“Sorry hyung I won!” he happily said and grab the toy.

 

I decided I have to get the toy so I followed him and tried to pursue him, “No hyung, if this is meant for you, you should have won.”

 

So me and Dara aren’t meant to be friends?!

 

“But I badly want it. Please?”

 

It was not long until bad guys came and told the child, “Hey you! Where is your crazy father?! Tell him he has to pay his debt. How dare he give you money to buy that ugly toy?”

 

“He dares to because he is a good father,” was the strong reply of the child.

 

The men tried grabbing the toy from the child because they want to threaten him. “Stop that, he is only a child!” I said. Oops, I’m in a trouble!

 

“And who are you?”

 

“I’m Francesco Petrarch! And who are you?!”

 

“What the hell is up with that name? Who am I? I’m Shark!”

 

“Shark? Your name has no art!!!” I said laughing not until I received a punch from him.

 

It made me mad. I had no choice but to bravely fight for this child and toy. But every time I attempt to, its either I fail or receive a punch. I think I look like a worthless man right now.

 

“Police! Over here! Some members of a gang are here!!!” I heard a lady shouted and it’s Dara.

 

“Run!” they said.

 

And when they were out of sight, “Mr. Kwon Jiyong, what the hell was that? You like to be beaten that much?” she asked looking at my face.

 

"No! I was trying to save this young child!"

 

"Hyung, next time, you should run? If they weren't fooled by the word police then you might end up in the hospital," was the remark of a child as he handed me this toy.

 

"You got in this trouble of mine because of this toy right? Here, I know you like it."

 

I looked at Dara then get the toy and thanked the child, "Thanks brave child! I'll tell my friend who wants this toy that you are so kind. But, what about your father?"

 

"Our father isn't with me and mom. He has made his own trip leaving us with his debts. Mind your own problem hyung, I gotta go."

 

"Wait, at least you can have this," I said handing my hat to him, "I know you like this cap ever since the donut game started."

 

"Really hyung? Thank you!!!" he said waved goodbye.

 

I looked at Dara again and said, "Friends?"

 

"You did not get it by winning but by saving a child but it's already okay. Friends," she said gesturing a handshake.

 

We handshaked and I asked her, "Did you follow me all the way here?" she faced away and went on her own.

 

"Did she really followed me that day?"

 

The next day...

 

*You got a message!* I searched my phone and I looked at the message Dara sent me.

 

"Thanks for the anklet Ji! I so love it! It perfectly fits in my beautiful feet!!!!"

 

I'm imagining her right now with that giddy smile of hers and bragging it to her brothers. "No problem. Yea, it fits perfectly. I'm amazing right?"

 

She replied, "Haha! Too full of yourself. Anyways, want to have dinner later?"

 

"I'm afraid I can't. So many things to do because of my day-off yesterday. Next time?"

 

"Noooo. I'll help you in your work! Let's meet later at The One Convenience store okay?"

 

"I guess I can't say no."

 

Because it was her birthday yesterday I used my skills in begging for a day-off. I'm working at a travel agency. It's really busy during April because it's summer and we should gather more tourists. We have to plan a good package deal for them.

 

"As for today's meeting, it will be short. I want you to think of a good travel package for the tourists this month. I want them next week, full detailed with concise explanation. You can team up with each other or do it individually. Meeting adjourned. Ganbatte everyone!"

 

I get back to my desk and checked my mail. "From Dara again?"

 

"Hey bro! Ehem, checking the mail Dara sent you? Really, the two of you looked like couple, how come its only a friendship status?"

 

"I guess that's how our life goes, being friends. What's up?"

 

"Nothing. Just checking you after your Day-off yesterday. And everyone is getting busier each day because of the travel package project, have you planned anything?"

 

"Not yet. You know ideas are best when they come unexpectedly."

 

"Jeeee, okay then I've gotta get back to work!"

 

DARA's POV

 

I did not get enough sleep yesterday because I got giddy all of a sudden. Adding to my problem is that I have my period. Bad timing tsk tsk.

 

"DARA!!! Good news Dara!" I heard Bom screamed.

 

"Eh?"

 

"Head Lim just said that someone wants to try your makeover offer. You are to meet the client later at 10:30AM at this address," Bom informed.

 

"10:30AM?! But... but I have a problem...." I said looking down.

 

"What is that problem Dara? I know you can do it! You have done five makeovers already and they were all perfect!!!"

 

"But... but... I'm not really feeling okay today can.. we.. umm...-"

 

I was cut off by what my enemy told me, "Dara you are so lucky to have another offer by a client, are you sure you are hesitating right now? tch," it was Krystal.

 

Of course everyone knew that she was jealous of me because of my makeover offer to our clients so everyone can also notice her method. I, on the other hand, does not want her attitude, she's acting always high. Even infront of our head, she embarrasses someone.

 

"I'm not hesitating Krystal infact right now I'm going to prepare," I said showing her my genius move. She didn't like it. Me too, I did not like this because I think I'm having dysmenorrhea.

 

"Are you okay?" Bom asks.

 

"Yes. I guess I'll go report to head Lim. Thanks for informing me," I said giving her my smile.

 

"Dara-ah, thank you for accepting the offer of our client even if it adds to your stress sometimes."

 

"No problem head Lim. I'm going now."

 

Oh, I forgot I let Top-oppa borrow my car. "Guess I have to take transportation with my stomach aching so much."

 

While waiting for the bus, I saw a familiar car pass by and stopped infront of me. "Dara?"

 

"Jiyong! Thanks God you are here!!!!" I said in a high pitch but later on paused as another wave of pain struck.

 

He got out and asked me, "Hey, are you okay?"

 

"Actually not. I'm..... I can't say it," I hesitated. He knew these kinds of things but... it feels different to say it in a public place as people are eyeing us already.

 

"Tell it Dara, I can't help if you won't."

 

I whispered and leaned in, "I'm having dysmenorrhea right now. It really hurts...." I said almost crying.

 

He wiped the little tears using his thumb and said, "Such a cry baby. If it hurts why are you outside?"

 

"Because I have a work to do and I can't decline because of that Krystal."

 

"Let's buy some pain killers okay? I'll bring you to the place, give me the address," he said and I handed him the paper.

 

I'm so glad to have him at this moment. He always make sure I'm okay.

 

"Hey, don't smile like that for too long," he said and gave me the pain killer and water.

 

"Thanks Ji. Thank you so much! I owe you this day. What do you want?" I said giving him my biggest smile ever.

 

"Mmmm, let's see. I want you to cook for me. It should be you who should cook okay?"

 

"Of course I will! It's me Dara Park! Anyways, thank you so much I guess we have arrived."

 

"Yeah, his condo unit is on the fifth floor. He occupies the whole floor. Wow Dara, you've got a big shot."

 

"Really? But... I don't like to walk," I said as I grew tired of the heels for this day because of the pain.

 

"Wait... I have the flats of Durami here. Let me get it," he said as he searched, "Here. It's color brown and compliments your feet well."

 

I hugged him so tight and said, "Thanks best! I'm going now. Remember dinner later okay?!"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I won't forget. Do you want me to get you or you'll go by yourself there?"

 

"I'll go by myself maybe the pain has subsided at that time."

 

"Okay then, I gotta get going. What time is it in your watch Dara?"

 

"10:35."

 

DARA's POV

 

As soon as I said 10:35 he was shocked and said in breathe, "Oops, I forgot the time! Bye Dara! Take Care!" flashing me his hearthrob smile.

 

Maybe, just somehow, a little bit, I'll fall for him.

 

"Good morning I'm Dara Park the incharge of the make over."

 

"Dara, I'm glad to see you again," now his voice sound so familiar.

 

Is it? Is it...

 

I looked up to meet his face and it's really him, the face of Kim Jaejoong.

 

"Huh?" was the only word that I was able to say.

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I smiled at the thought that Dara was shy in telling me she has dysmenorrhea when infact during our friendship on the second week, I was the one who saw her stained pants and even helped her.

 

So I was going to this place where our manager wants me to go. As I remember he said, "Someone wants to meet you there and might help you."

 

"I wonder who's that person," I said as I parked my car.

 

"Wow, a beautiful house it is," I praised the house infront of me. It was simple yet inviting to my eyes.

 

"Kwon Jiyong!" I heard a lady's scream.

 

"Is-is that you?"

 

"This is me," she says as she walks closer to my direction. Is she really back?

 

"U-Uee?"

 

"Ya! I thought you forgot my name already!" she said and eyes me curiously, "Are you unhappy by my presence?"

 

I... I do not know.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Thanks to lyanne027 for subscribing and for your comment: thanks for reading the first chapter!

Sorry for wrong grammar and spellings.

It's maybe weird to start heating up things through this but it will. I hope so.

 

:D Please comment and subscribe!